2024-6-27

human touch 人情味
This warm sunshine is just what the doctor ordered. 这温暖的阳光太舒服了,正合我意。
Hold up. 别走
A cold beer after work was just what the doctor ordered. 下班后一杯冰啤酒简直恰到好处。
straggle 用于形容人群散乱掉队、植物无序生长,事物零星分散或引申指思绪混乱难以集中
The hikers straggled into camp after dark. 徒步者天黑后才零零散散地到达营地。
A few students straggled behind the tour group. 几个学生掉队了,落在旅游团后面。
querencia 心之归处
look your age 看起来容貌与年龄相当(to seem as old as you really are and not younger or older)
altercation 争吵、口角、争辩
No ifs, ands or buts. 没有商量的余地。
dog cone 伊丽莎白圈
I need to sit down and catch my breath. 我得坐下歇会儿喘口气。
She paused to catch her breath before speaking. 她先平复了一下情绪才开口。
Tape the box shut. 用胶带把箱子封好。
We taped the concert. 我们录下了这场音乐会。
The new song is the cat's pajama. 那首新歌太赞了。
You're the cat's pajama. 你太厉害了,你真了不起。
Send me the purchase link. 链接发给我。
fashion emergency 突然遇到穿搭上的麻烦事,要出门/参加活动,却不知道穿什么;衣服脏了、破了、不合身;临时要换造型但来不及准备。
I have a fashion emergency——I have nothing to wear to the party. 我遇到穿搭危机了,派对没衣服穿。
Help me out, it's a fashion emergency. 快帮帮我,穿搭大危机!
Not this again? 你又来了
There's a fire. 着火了
It's not a drill. 这不是演习。
own up to sth. 承认某事
own up to doing sth. 承认做了某事
No one will own up to breaking the window. 没人愿意承认打碎了窗户。
You should own up to your mistake. 你应该承认自己的错误
For a moment there, I thought you were serious. 刚才那一瞬间,我还以为你是认真的。
For a moment there, I couldn't catch my breath. 那会儿我都喘不过气了。
I hate this job. You're the ticket out of here. 我讨厌这份工作,你就是我离开这里的希望
back out of the deal 反悔、退出、撕毁协议
He backed out of the deal at the last time. 他在最后一刻返回,退出了这笔交易。
Don't back out of the deal now. 现在别反悔
fry my head 指事情太复杂、太烦,想得脑袋都要“烧焦”了
All this math is frying my head. 这些数学题快把我搞晕了。
Stop asking questions——you're frying my head. 别问了,我头都大了。
semester 半年一学期
term 泛指学期,或英国短学制
Abbry Mount 修道院山/艾比山
passing places 简单路面加宽的凸起区域,以提供额外停车空间,让一方驶入避让,对方先通过
second sb. 把某人借调到
He was seconded to the headquarters. 他被临时借调到总部工作。
ripoff 宰人
$10 for a bottle of water? That's a total ripoff! 一瓶水要10块钱?简直太坑了!
lacrosse 棍网球、长曲棍球
put your back into it 使劲儿干,鼓励别人干活、运动、做事时更用力、卖力
Come on, put your back into it! 加油,使劲儿!
If you put your back into it, you'll finish soon. 只要你全力以赴,很快就能做完。

©著作权归作者所有,转载或内容合作请联系作者
【社区内容提示】社区部分内容疑似由AI辅助生成,浏览时请结合常识与多方信息审慎甄别。
平台声明:文章内容(如有图片或视频亦包括在内)由作者上传并发布,文章内容仅代表作者本人观点,简书系信息发布平台,仅提供信息存储服务。

相关阅读更多精彩内容

友情链接更多精彩内容