这周的书没看完,一段摘抄送给自己
I do not choose to be a common person.
我不选择做一名普通人。
It is my right to be uncommon—if I can.
我就是我,我选择成为最好的自己。
I seek opportunity—not security.
我寻找机会,而非安稳。
I do not wish to be a kept citizen,
我不想成为温室里的花朵,
humbled and dulled by having the state look after me.
麻木不仁地接受社会的照顾。
I want to take the calculated risk,
我想要有意识地冒险。
to dream and to build,
去梦想,去创造,
to fail and to succeed.
去失败,去成功。
I refuse to barter incentive for a dole;
我拒绝施舍,我选择自立自强。
I prefer the challenges of life to the guaranteed existence;
我宁愿选择充满挑战的人生,绝不万无一失地活着;
the thrill of fulfillment to the stale calm of Utopia.
与其无所事事地幻想,不如激动得酣畅淋漓。
I will not trade my freedom for beneficence
我不会拿我的自由换取恩惠。
nor my dignity for a handout.
也不会拿我的崇高换取救济。
I will never cower before any master
我绝不在任何权威面前发抖,
nor bend to any threat.
也绝不为任何恐吓所屈服。
It is my heritage to stand erect, proud, and unafraid;
我的天性是挺胸直立,骄傲,且无所畏惧。
to think and act for myself;
我要自由的思考和行动。
to enjoy the benefit of my creations;
我要纵情于我的创造的价值。
and to face the world boldly
我要光荣的面对世界,
and say:
我要呐喊:
"This, with God's help, I have done."
“在上苍的庇佑下,我,做到了!”
All this is what it means
而这一切都意味着,
To be an Entrepreneur.
我是一个真正的开拓者。