烛光夜话
文 罗兰
译 蒲公英流(华花郎Ar/会木/lin)
难得和你见面,我把手边的工作匆匆结束,邀你到那家有烛光伴清夜的地方去,消磨两三小时。还记得你曾怪我不愿邀你来我家玩,其实,你现在该明白,在家里招待朋友,怎么如这里来得安闲宁适?在家里,我是主人,我要烹茶备酒,招呼家常琐务;门铃响,电话来,孩子们问东问西,或有其他客人不速而至,都难免分心分神,使谈话中断。哪及这里,一厅幽暗,十数盏烛光,荧荧莹莹,疏疏落落,点缀其间。而来这里宵夜的多非俗客,三两人据一席,轻声低语,音乐只在似有如无之间。一杯咖啡,或半盏清茶,再加一碟细点,就足可安心细谈,直到午夜或凌晨了。难道不好吗?
Nice to see you, I hurried through work at hand, invited you to that place with candlelight and quiet night, and to kill some time. Still remember you blamed me for do not want to entertain you at home, actually, you probably had known- how could home better than this place? At home, I'm host who had to prepare cake and pastries, deal with housework, take care of children, sometimes phone rings, doorbell as well, and all these could disturb our talking. This place do better than home: a little gloomy hall, a dozen of candlelight, likes firefly shines and fallingstar sweeps .——
而你也说:深爱那烛光诗意,喜欢那单纯而幻丽的灯罩的色调。说要照样买一个松绿色的,带回家去。其实,那山楂红的也极美艳,那芒果黄的美得像秋。你也说喜欢那一首幽幽细细的萨克斯风吹奏的曲子“As time goes by”,我把它翻成《似水流年》或《逝者如斯》的。流光逝去的声音不就是那样带着凄伤和无奈的吗?而你说,即知无奈,就不必再去凄伤吧!
You also said, ——
于是,我们谈着。你总是先问我,最近在看什么书?
We therefore continue talking. You are always first asking, Which book have read recently?
“在看什么书呢?我在翻来覆去的看《吾国与吾民》。”
"emm, which book…I'm repeating the My Country and My People time after time. "
“还有呢?”
—"and?"
“昨天,我想再看看《葛莱齐拉》。”
"yesterday,I want to read the Gragiella again. "
“ ‘再’ 看看?”
—" read 'again' ? "
“因为我已看过,只觉味同嚼蜡。”
"because I've read, just feeling like chewing wax."
“那么,这次呢?”你抱着希望的问。
—"well, how about this time? "You asked with hope .
“我看了一页,就骂自己何必装模作样。”
"I took one look on the first page, but scolded myself at once, why be a poor poseur? "
“唔,结果呢?”
—"oh, finally? "
“结果,我看《郑板桥文集》。”我说,“是真迹影印的。那笔古拙苍劲的字,就让你回到老家。中国啊!中国!四合房,纸窗,冬天升炭火盆取暖的日子,用毛笔在宣纸上写字的日子,读线装诗集和章回小说的日子,‘骑驴过小桥,独叹梅花瘦’的日子,温厚有人情味的大家族的日子,有了钱也不炫耀,以朴素为荣的日子……那长天,那平野,那小桥流水,那古屋丛花……那才叫渊深,才叫博大,才叫宁静,才叫谦冲,才叫悠然,才叫中国!”
"finally, I read the collection of ZhengBan-qiao," I said, " whose Photocopy Edison, how unsophisticated and vigorous handwriting is! as if made you were in old home, China ah! China! There're one quadrangle, two paper windows; those days when crowded around stove, when used links on rice paper, when read thread-bound anthology of poetry and novel with all captions, when 'Ride a Donkey over Bridges, Sigh of the Plum Blossom thin ', when lived in extended family, when got rich but no flaunting, when led a plain-living life …that kind of blue sky, wide plain, small bridge flowing brook and old house embracing flower … that is true modesty, vast love, calm and serenity, that is China! "
“你在开倒车!”你的眼睛对我责备。
—"you are turning back the clock! "Your eyes reproached me.
“不是,我是被移植的花茎,我是从中途生长,我深知,我要先扎根,才能再向上。”
"It's not so. I were the translated stem, germinate in middle, and know well only take root first, so that can grow up."
“葛莱齐拉不是根?”
—"Is Gragiella not root? "
“离我太远。莎士比亚也一样。”
"Too far away from me, like Shakespeare."
“别人为什么不?”
—"why do not others ?
“人和人不必一定相同。”
"People don't have to be the same."
“你不喜欢泰戈尔?”
—"Don't you like Tagore?"
“喜欢,但我更喜欢陶渊明。”
"No, I'd like to, but prefer TaoYuanming.
“你有偏见。”
—"That's an ideological prejudice. "
“当然是偏见。因为陶渊明是中国的。”
“of course it is, because TaoYuanming is Chinese. ”
于是,你下结论说:“你该放弃一部分成见。”
每次说到这里,我们就该改变一下话题了。否则,我们会各执一词的去争论。其实,我们知道,一切的争论都是不公正的。
Thereupon, you draw conclusions, said that "you ought to throw out some prejudices."
Every time we talked to this, it's time for us to change a topic. Otherwise, we'll constantly argue. In fact, we all know that every argue is injustice.
——
——
——
A childish translation by lin(Dandelion flowing).见怪,一篇不成熟译文。
Translator's Note:
译者注:
1).The author Luo Lan is a honorable lady…
作家罗兰女士是个可敬的人……
2).TaoYuanming lived in Jin dynasty 1,600 years ago, who sought "to live deliberately" the same as Henry David Thoreau.
陶渊明,生活在距今1600年前的晋朝,他像梭罗一样追求“自由地生活”。
(补充,原文之英译与注释之汉英为拙作,其间不足之处愿诸位慷慨指正。)