When I consider every thing that grows.

当我看到一切生长者,

Holds in perfection but a little moment.

只在刹那间能够完美。

That this huge stage presenteth nought but shows.

世界的舞台上一无所有,

Whereon the stars in secret influence comment.

唯有星辰在秘密之中牵引。

When I perceive that men as plants increase.

我看到人类如草木般生长,

Cheered and check'd even by the self-same sky.

被同样的天空赋予兴衰。

Vaunt in their youthful sap, at height decrease.

少时繁茂,日中则仄,

And wear their brave state out of memory.

一切美好都从记忆中被抹去。

Then the conceit of this inconstant stay.

于是这瞬间停留的诡计,

Sets you most rich in youth before my sight.

让你青春的容颜出现在了我的面前。

Where wasteful Time debateth with Decay.

而残暴的时间与腐朽商议,

To change your day of youth to sullied night.

要把你青春的白日变成暗淡的黑夜。

And all in war with Time for love of you.

为了爱你,我将与时间对抗。

As he takes from you, I engraft you new.

它从你身上夺走的,我会重新嫁接。

——莎士比亚

(译者:宝树)

©著作权归作者所有,转载或内容合作请联系作者
【社区内容提示】社区部分内容疑似由AI辅助生成,浏览时请结合常识与多方信息审慎甄别。
平台声明:文章内容(如有图片或视频亦包括在内)由作者上传并发布,文章内容仅代表作者本人观点,简书系信息发布平台,仅提供信息存储服务。

友情链接更多精彩内容