Leonard致辞节选:
So, for the remainder of my speech, this is for the invisible kids.
所以,我接下来的致辞,要献给没有存在感的孩子。
Maybe you never fit in.
或许你在学校格格不入。
Or, maybe you’re the smallest kid in the school, or the heaviest or the weirdest.
或许你是学校里最矮的、最胖的、或者最怪的孩子。
Maybe you’re graduating and you still haven’t had your first kiss.
或许你要毕业了,可你现在初吻还在。
By the way, 19 and Geraldine Coco, wherever you are, thank you.
顺便一说,19岁的杰拉尔丁·珂珂,无论你在哪,谢谢你(笑声)。
Maybe you don’t have any friends.
或许你没有任何朋友。
And guess what? That’s okay.
其实,这根本无所谓。
While all the popular kids are off doing—whatever, I don’t know what they were doing.
尽管那些人缘好的孩子都去-- 其实我也不知道他们都去干嘛了(笑声)
Because I was never there.
因为我没机会去。
My point is while you’re spending all this time on your own, building computers or practicing your cello, what you’re really doing is becoming interesting.
但我的重点是,那些独自一人度过的孤独时光,比如组装电脑,或练习大提琴,其实你真正在做的是让自己变得有趣。
And when people finally do notice you, they’re gonna(口语说法=going to) find someone a lot cooler than they thought.
等有天人们终于注意到你时,他们会发现一个比他们想象中更酷的人。
And for those of you who were popular in high school, it’s over, sorry.
至于那些高中人缘很好,玩的很开的同学,结束了,不好意思(笑声)。
Thank you and congratulations.
谢谢各位,恭喜你们毕业。