学英语|《老友记》s1e2 part3 同是天涯沦落人

场景:三人一起去产检

sorry i'm late. i was stuck at work. these was this big dinosaur... thing... anyway. 

抱歉,我迟到了。我今天有点忙。那些那些大恐龙什么。。。

Ross, you remember Susan? 

还记得苏珊么?

how could i forget? 

怎么会忘记?

hello, Susan. good shake, good shake. so, we're just waiting for? 

你好,苏珊,好有力的握手。所以,我们在等什么?

Dr.Oberman. 

等医生。

okay, and is he...

好的,他。。。

she. 

她。

she, of course, she familiar with our special situation? 

她,当然,她知道我们特殊的情况么?

yes, and she's very supportive. 

知道,她很支持我们。

great, okay, that's great. 

好,非常好。

Ross, that opens my cervix. 

罗斯,这是打开我的子宫的工具。

so, how's this all gonna work? 

现在应该怎么办?

the baby grows in a special place inside...

孩子正在里面发育。。。 

thank you. so how's this gonna work? you know with us, you know when, like important decisions have to be made? 

谢谢。我是说我们,现在应该怎么办?你知道,如果需要做什么重要的决定的时候。

give me a for instance. 

比如?

well, i don't know. okay...how about with the baby's name? 

我不知道,比如起名字?

Marlon. if it is a boy. Minnie if it is a girl. 

马龙,如果是男孩。女孩就叫米妮。 

as a Mouse? 

跟老鼠同名?

as in my grandmother. 

跟我奶奶同名。

still, you say Minnie, you hear Mouse. how about Julia? 

还是啊,你叫米妮,听起来还是像老鼠。朱丽叶怎么样?

we agreed on Minnie. 

我们已经决定叫米妮了。

totally, we agreed we'd spend the rest of our lives together. things chance, roll with the punches. i believe Julia's on the table? 

我们还决定后半辈子永远在一起了呢。事情在变,要学着变通么。朱丽叶备选怎么样?

oh, please! what's wrong with Helen? 

哦,拜托,海伦怎么了?

Helen Geller? i don't think so. 

Helen Geller,我不这样认为。

it's not gonna be Helen Geller. 

不叫Helen Geller。

thank you. 

谢谢。

no, i mean it's not Geller. 

我意思是不姓Geller

what, it's gonna be Helen Willick? 

什么?那是Helen Willick?

you know, actually, we talked about Helen Willick Bunch. 

事实上,我们准备叫Helen Willick Bunch

well, wait a minute, why is she in the title? 

等一下,为什么她也要插一腿?

because it's my baby too. 

因为这也是我的孩子。

oh, so funny, really? i don't remember you making any sperm. 

可笑。我不记得你贡献了精子。

yeah, and we all know what a challenge that is. 

我们都知道这是个巨大的挑战。

all right, you two stop it.  

好了,你俩,别吵了。

no, she gets a credit, i'm in there too. 

不,她白占便宜,这是我的孩子。

Ross you're not actually suggesting Helen Willick Bunch Geller? cause i think that borders on child abuse. 

罗斯,你不会想让孩子叫Helen Willick Bunch Geller?我觉得这对孩子是种折磨。

of course not. i'm suggesting Geller Willick Bunch. 

不,我觉得应该叫Geller Willick Bunch。

no. you see what he's doing? he knows no one's gonna say all those names, so they'll wind up calling her Geller, then he gets his way. 

不,你看见他怎么做了,他知道没人会叫全名,所以他们自然就叫Geller,这就是他的阴谋。

my way? you think this is my way? believe me, of all the ways, i ever imagined this moment in my being, this is not my way. you know what? this is too hard, i'm not, i can't do...

我的阴谋?你说我的阴谋?相信我,我从来没想过会有这么一天,这太难了,我做不到。

knock knock. how are we today? any nausea? 

今天怎么样?想吐么?

a little. yeah. 

一点。

well, i was just wondering about the mother to be. but thanks for sharing. lie back. 

好吧,我只是问问准妈妈,不过感谢你们的分享,躺下。

you know what i'm gonna go. i don't think i can be involved in this particular thing right now. 

我要走了,我觉得我没办法参与这件事了。

场景:巴瑞的牙科诊所

Barry?

巴瑞?

come in. 

进来。

are you sure? 

不会打扰你么?

yeah, that's fine. Robbie's gonna he here for hours. so, how are you doing? 

恩,没关系, Robbie会在这待好几个小时。所以,你怎样?

i'm okay, you look great. 

我还好,你看起来不错。

Dr. Farber, Jason Greenstein's gagging. 

Farber医生,Jason Greenstein吐了。

be right here. be back in second. 

马上就来。等我一分钟。

i dumped him. 

我甩的他。

sorry about that. so what have you been up to? 

很抱歉,你最近怎么样呢?

oh, not much. i got a job. 

还不赖,我找了个工作。

oh, that's great. 

那挺棒的。

why are you so tanned? 

你怎么晒黑了?

oh, i went to Aruba. 

我去了Aruba。

you went on our honeymoon alone? 

你一个人去的我们的蜜月地?

no, i went with...now this may hurt. i went with Mindy. 

不,这可能有点伤人,我跟Mindy去的。

Mindy?! my maid of honour, Mindy? 

Mindy?我的那个伴娘?

yeah, we're kind of a thing now. 

恩,我们在一起了。

oh, well, you've got plugs. 

你植发了?

careful! they haven't quite taken yet. 

你轻点,还没长好呢。

and you've got lenses! but you hate sticking your finger in your eye! 

你带了隐形眼镜?你不是最恨用手指弄眼睛?

Not for her. listen, i really wanted to thank you. 

那要看是为了谁。我真的很感谢你。【看到巴瑞娇羞的表情,我真的有点替瑞秋难过】

see, about a month ago, a wanted to hurt you. more than i've ever wanted to hurt anyone in my life. and i'm an orthodontist. you know, you were right. i mean, i thought we were happy. we weren't happy. but with Mindy, now i'm happy. 

一个月之前,我还想伤害你。这辈子我从来没有想过去伤害谁。可我是个牙医。你是对的,我以为我们很幸福。其实并不,跟Mindy在一起,我很幸福。

anyway, i guess this belongs to you, or maybe someday Mindy. 

不管怎么说,这个戒指是你的,说不定有一天是Mindy的。

like she'd settle for that. 

希望她能接受吧。

yeah, that's true. but i think it's a nice ring. and thank you for giving it to me. 

恩,这是个不错的戒指。谢谢把它给我。

well, thank you for giving it back. 

好吧,谢谢你把它还给我。

场景:莫妮卡家一起看罗斯的孩子

well, isn't that amazing? 

怎么样?是不是很神奇?

what are we supposed to be seeing here? 

我们要看什么?

i don't know, but i think it's about to attack the Enterprise. 

我也不知道。但我觉得他马上要去攻击企业号。

you know, if you tilt your head to the left, and relex your eyes, it kind looks like an old potato. 

如果向左边歪着头,放空眼睛,看起来感觉像一颗大土豆。

then don't do that alright? Monica, what do you think? 

不要这样好么。莫妮卡,你觉得怎样?

are you welling up? 

是不是热泪盈眶?

welling up:涌了上来

no. 

没有。

you are, you're welling up. 

你有,你热泪盈眶。

i'm not. 

我才没有。

you're gonna be an aunt. 

你要当姑姑了。

oh, shut up. 

哦,闭嘴啦。

hi, Mindy it's Rachel. yeah, i'm fine. i saw Barry today. yeah, he told me. no, it's okay, i hope you two are very happy. i really do. and Mindy, you know, if everything works out, and you guys end up getting married and having kids and everything i just hope they have his old hairline and your nose. okay, i know it was a cheap shot, but i feel so much better now. 

hi,Mindy。我是Rachel。我很好。我今天见Barry了。他都告诉我了,没关系,我祝你俩幸福,真心的。对了Mindy,如果你们进展顺利,最后结婚生子的话,我希望孩子会继承他的发际线和你的糟鼻子。我知道这招很low,但是我感觉爽多了。

©著作权归作者所有,转载或内容合作请联系作者
  • 序言:七十年代末,一起剥皮案震惊了整个滨河市,随后出现的几起案子,更是在滨河造成了极大的恐慌,老刑警刘岩,带你破解...
    沈念sama阅读 213,616评论 6 492
  • 序言:滨河连续发生了三起死亡事件,死亡现场离奇诡异,居然都是意外死亡,警方通过查阅死者的电脑和手机,发现死者居然都...
    沈念sama阅读 91,020评论 3 387
  • 文/潘晓璐 我一进店门,熙熙楼的掌柜王于贵愁眉苦脸地迎上来,“玉大人,你说我怎么就摊上这事。” “怎么了?”我有些...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 159,078评论 0 349
  • 文/不坏的土叔 我叫张陵,是天一观的道长。 经常有香客问我,道长,这世上最难降的妖魔是什么? 我笑而不...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 57,040评论 1 285
  • 正文 为了忘掉前任,我火速办了婚礼,结果婚礼上,老公的妹妹穿的比我还像新娘。我一直安慰自己,他们只是感情好,可当我...
    茶点故事阅读 66,154评论 6 385
  • 文/花漫 我一把揭开白布。 她就那样静静地躺着,像睡着了一般。 火红的嫁衣衬着肌肤如雪。 梳的纹丝不乱的头发上,一...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 50,265评论 1 292
  • 那天,我揣着相机与录音,去河边找鬼。 笑死,一个胖子当着我的面吹牛,可吹牛的内容都是我干的。 我是一名探鬼主播,决...
    沈念sama阅读 39,298评论 3 412
  • 文/苍兰香墨 我猛地睁开眼,长吁一口气:“原来是场噩梦啊……” “哼!你这毒妇竟也来了?” 一声冷哼从身侧响起,我...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 38,072评论 0 268
  • 序言:老挝万荣一对情侣失踪,失踪者是张志新(化名)和其女友刘颖,没想到半个月后,有当地人在树林里发现了一具尸体,经...
    沈念sama阅读 44,491评论 1 306
  • 正文 独居荒郊野岭守林人离奇死亡,尸身上长有42处带血的脓包…… 初始之章·张勋 以下内容为张勋视角 年9月15日...
    茶点故事阅读 36,795评论 2 328
  • 正文 我和宋清朗相恋三年,在试婚纱的时候发现自己被绿了。 大学时的朋友给我发了我未婚夫和他白月光在一起吃饭的照片。...
    茶点故事阅读 38,970评论 1 341
  • 序言:一个原本活蹦乱跳的男人离奇死亡,死状恐怖,灵堂内的尸体忽然破棺而出,到底是诈尸还是另有隐情,我是刑警宁泽,带...
    沈念sama阅读 34,654评论 4 337
  • 正文 年R本政府宣布,位于F岛的核电站,受9级特大地震影响,放射性物质发生泄漏。R本人自食恶果不足惜,却给世界环境...
    茶点故事阅读 40,272评论 3 318
  • 文/蒙蒙 一、第九天 我趴在偏房一处隐蔽的房顶上张望。 院中可真热闹,春花似锦、人声如沸。这庄子的主人今日做“春日...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 30,985评论 0 21
  • 文/苍兰香墨 我抬头看了看天上的太阳。三九已至,却和暖如春,着一层夹袄步出监牢的瞬间,已是汗流浃背。 一阵脚步声响...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 32,223评论 1 267
  • 我被黑心中介骗来泰国打工, 没想到刚下飞机就差点儿被人妖公主榨干…… 1. 我叫王不留,地道东北人。 一个月前我还...
    沈念sama阅读 46,815评论 2 365
  • 正文 我出身青楼,却偏偏与公主长得像,于是被迫代替她去往敌国和亲。 传闻我的和亲对象是个残疾皇子,可洞房花烛夜当晚...
    茶点故事阅读 43,852评论 2 351

推荐阅读更多精彩内容