2

前情提要

Previously on Desperate Housewives...

新的邻居...  天哪  凯瑟琳

The new neighbor... oh,My God. Katherine.

原来是苏珊的一个老朋友...

Turned out to be  an old friend of Susan's...

-还有后院的松树...  -那是我的骄傲和快乐之源

And that pine tree in the back yard... it's my pride and joy.

结交新朋友时并不顺利

Who had a problem  making new friends.

让我难以启齿的是我不得不让你把它砍了

Oh,it absolutely kills me to have to ask you to cut it down.

她女儿失去了以前的记忆

Her daughter couldn't recall the past.

-我是朱莉的妈妈  -问一句朱莉是谁?

I'm Julie's mom. who's Julie again?

你小时候最好的朋友

Your best friend when you were little.

-但她丈夫给苏珊带来了新消息  -你怀孕了

But her husband had news for Susan. - you're pregnant.

-勒奈特公开了自己的情况  -我得了癌症

Lynette revealed her condition. - I have cancer.

加布和卡洛斯开始了地下情

Gaby and Carlos  began a secret affair.

-你今天晚上能出来吗  -你是认真的吗

Can you get away tonight? are you serious?

伊迪发现了另一个秘密

And Edie uncovered a secret of another sort.

你怎么从来没告诉过我

Why didn't you ever tell me

你有一个海外银行帐户

About your offshore bank account--

里面有一千万美金?

The one with $10 million in it?

一个星期二的下午

The great crime wave hit wisteria lane

一场风波席卷了柴藤郡

On a Tuesday afternoon.

有人发现自家的烤架被人撞倒

That's when residents found their barbecues upended...

洗干净的衣服被踩脏

Their clean laundry trampled...

滑板不翼而飞

And their skateboards missing.

大家自然都想知道

Naturally, everyone began to ask

这究竟是谁干的

Who could be responsible for such carnage.

而答案就在一位邻居的家中

The answer lay in the home of a neighbor

他20分钟前

Who,20 minutes earlier, had been engaging in...

正陷入在完全不同的风波之中

An altogether different type of crime.

我得回去了

Oh,I gotta get back.

我跟伊迪说我去跑步

I told Edie I was just going for a jog.

我身上出的汗 看起来像不像跑过5公里的?

Do I look sweaty enough for a 5-mile run?

像  只不过那都是我的汗

Yeah. unfortunately, it's my sweat.

你什么时候甩掉她

Mmm. mmm. when are you gonna dump her?

事情没那么简单

It's complicated, okay?

而且  你也没有急着

Besides,I don't see you in any big hurry

把维克托甩掉的意思

To dump Victor.

一般来说

Generally speaking,

女人不会为了一个有女友的男人而离开自己的丈夫

Women don't leave their husbands for guys who have girlfriends.

把那贱人踢了  你怕什么

Just boot the bitch. what are you afraid of?

我没有...

Hey,I am not afraid of--

完蛋了!

Oh,My God!

你到底出什么毛病了

What the hell's the matter with you?

是伊迪!

Edie!

加布  你在吗?

Gaby,you in there? okay.

马上来

One second!

伊迪  什么风把你吹来了?

Edie! what brings you here?

我在找卡洛斯  他说去跑步

I'm looking for Carlos. he went for a run,

-都一个小时了  -抱歉  我没见到他

But it was hours ago. sorry. haven't seen him.

真的吗  艾达·格林博格说

Really? because Ida Greenberg said that she thought

她在你的走廊里见他了

She saw him on your porch.

那不可能  因为他就在那边  就在那里

Uh,that's impossible,because he's there! there he is!

什么

What?

卡洛斯  他到你家了

Carlos! he's at your house.

他进门了

Oh, he just let himself in. oh.

回去吧  他到家了

There you go. he's home.

好的  谢谢

Okay. well,thanks.

你告诉她我回家了

You told her I was at home.

对啊?

So?

然后我没在啊 我在这儿啊

So I'm not at home. I'm here.

那我到底该怎么办?

What the hell am I supposed to do?

伊迪  等一下!

Edie! Edie,wait!

等  等  等等  先别走

Wait,wait,wait! don't go!

-别走  -为什么?

Don't go! why?

你的生日就要到了

Uh,you,uh, have a birthday coming up,

我不知道要给你买什么

And,uh,I don't know what to get ya.

咖啡壶怎么样

Or maybe a coffeepot

或者香味衣架

Or scented hangers

或者...一个不错的时钟收音机

Or... a nice clock radio.

加布  我可没时间耗在这儿

Gaby,I don't have time for this.

你干嘛不给我一个惊喜呢

Why don't you just surprise me?

等下  不要走啊

Uh,wait,but don't go!

我需要你的指点

I-I need a little more guidance!

见鬼  谁让你们在大街上乱跑的

Damn it,boys! you should not be screwing around in the streets!

出事怎么办

Somebody's gonna get hurt!

卡洛斯

Carlos!

你能相信吗  有人破门而入

Can you believe this? someone broke into our house.

天哪

Oh,My God.

柴藤郡这场风波就这样结束了

And so ended the great  crime wave on wisteria lane.

没人找得出事件的元凶是谁...

No one ever found out who was responsible...

宝贝  你全身都是汗  去洗洗吧

Ew. honey,you're all sweaty. go clean up.

因为是自己人在搞鬼

Because it was an inside job.

绝望的主妇 第四季第2集

在这里你绝不会看到绝望

You will never see  despair here...

或者是愤怒

Or rage.

你绝不会看到哪怕一丝丝的懊悔

You will never see the tiniest bit of regret.

你看  住在这里的人们

You see,the people who live here have learned

都学会了一样可靠的方法来避免  - 嘿

There is one sure way of hiding their secrets...  - hey.

他们的邻居发现自己的秘密

From their neighbors.

这就是为什么在这里  笑容比任何东西

That's why,in the suburbs, there is nothing more deceptive

都具有欺骗性

Than a smile.

朱莉到底说了什么?

So what did Julie say, exactly?

她说迪伦不是以前那个女孩了

She said Dylan's not the same girl.

是说她性格脾气变了

Not the same girl like she's changed,

还是说她被改造成机器人了?  - 我知道这听起来很奇怪

Or not the same girl because she's been replaced by a robot? - I know it sounds weird,

但朱莉说迪伦一点都不记得

But Julie says Dylan does not remember anything

她曾经在这里住过

About living here.

可能她丧失了那段记忆

Well, maybe she blocked it out.

-她小时候发生过什么可怕的事吗  -我也不太肯定

Did something bad happen to her when she was young? I'm not sure.

但他们那时候搬走是有些古怪

But there was something odd about the way they left.

你们...

So...

如果这不是清晨流言座谈会的话

If it isn't the early morning gossip brigade.

-说谁呢?  -苏珊

Who are we dishing today? uh,Susan.

她不就站在那儿嘛

She's standing right there.

天啊  你一直都站在这吗

Oh,My God. have you been there this whole time?

好了  我想和你们谈谈勒奈特

Anyway,I wanted to talk to you girls about Lynette.

-她怎么了  -她做化疗很辛苦

What about her? well,since she's been so tired from chemo,

所以我想我们可以为她做些什么

I thought it'd be nice if we did something for her,

比如  给她送午饭?

Like bring her lunch?

-这主意听起来很棒  -是啊  那我们就行动吧

Uh,that sounds great. - yeah,let's do it.

加布  你带上你的蔬菜千层面吧

Um,Gaby,why don't you bring your vegetable lasagna?

苏珊  你搞定饮料

Susan,you do beverages,

凯瑟琳  你就带份简单的蔬菜色拉吧

And,uh,Katherine,why don't you bring a simple green salad?

我更愿意带甜点

I'd rather bring dessert.

没必要了  亲爱的  我一直带甜点的

Oh,no need,dear. I always bring dessert.

我已经在打算带我的柠檬蛋白派了

Oh,I'm thinking my lemon meringue pie.

好吃

Oh,yum.

是这样的  搬运工把我的色拉碗给弄丢了

Yeah,here's the thing. the movers lost my salad bowl.

还有我的派饼碟

My pie plates, on the other hand--

没有必要了

Will not be needed.

我说了  我一直带甜点的

As I said, I always bring dessert.

对了

I know.

我借你我的色拉碗吧

I will lend you my salad bowl.

你绝对不想错过布里的派  可以用完美来形容

You really don't wanna miss bree's pie. it's perfect.

那还用说吗

Who am I to argue with perfection?

抱歉  就是有点东西让我受不了

Sorry. it's just,something has been driving me crazy.

现在你完美了

Now you're perfect.

那...疼吗?

D-does it hurt?

是有点不舒服  但我很好

It's a little uncomfortable, but I'm fine.

抽张牌吧

Take a card.

我告诉过你我在等Q

Hey,I told you I'm collecting queens.

专心点

Pay attention.

你还记得吗

You remember we played this

那是你在生帕克时我们也打扑克?

When you were in labor with parker?

42小时没有用药

42 hours without meds.

我永远不会忘记  你是个多么坚强的斗士

I'll never forget what a trouper you were.

好了  先别急着给我谱写颂词

Well,let's not compose my eulogy just yet.

我还在战斗着呢

I'm still troupin'.

抽牌吧

Take a card.

好的

Right.

真是有趣啊

It's funny.

度蜜月时  我们在下雨的那天也打牌了

We played cards on our honeymoon the day that it rained.

你还记得吗  我们...还点起了火

Do you remember that? we--we lit a fire--

你又来了

You're doing it again.

对不起

Sorry.

我告诉过你我在凑集Q的

Hey,I told you I'm collecting queens.

哎呀  对了

Shoot. that's right.

天哪  你在故意让我赢吗

Oh,My God. are you letting me win?

我只想让你开心

I just wanna make you feel good.

就靠故意输给我吗

By taking all the fun out of the kill?

亲爱的  对不起  我只是...

Honey,I'm sorry. it's just...

我真的很爱你

I love you so much.

出去

Out.

你说什么

What?

你本应该分散我的注意力的

You are supposed to be distracting me,

而不是在这让我沮丧消沉

Not depressing the hell out of me.

你要把我从化疗中赶出来?

You're kicking me out of chemo?

回家再见

I'll see you at home.

亲爱的  我要载你回去的

Honey,I'm your ride.

走吧  我自己打的

Just go. I'll cab it.

这就是我最最敬仰的

There's that trouper that I admire so much.

滚出去

Out!

卡洛斯

Carlos! Hi!

我的小寿星来了

Hey, there's my birthday girl.

这辆车真不错

It's a nice car.

你找来了伙伴?

We got company?

没有

No.

那么这是谁的?

Then whose is it?

这是...你给我的生日礼物  惊喜吧

It's... your birthday present to me. surprise!

一辆车吗  我打算给你一副耳环呢

A car. I was gonna get you earrings.

那就买啊

So? get 'em.

然后我把顶蓬拉下去  在附近转转

And I will drive around with the top down

让每个人都看得到

So everyone can see them.

伊迪  这个我买不起

Edie,I can't afford this.

你当然买得起

Of course you can

把你海外的钱转点回来不就是了

Just move some of your offshore money onshore.

我告诉过你  那是个秘密帐户

I told you, that account was a secret,

如果我开始买八万的车

Which it's not gonna be for long

那就不再是秘密了

If I start buying $80,000 cars.

现在我感觉你那钱

Now I'm sensing that this little nest egg of yours

是非法得来的吧

Is a teensy bit illegal.

你是从哪弄来的?

Where'd it come from?

你不需要知道  美国国税局也不需要知道

You don't need to know that, and the I.R.S. doesn't,either.

你想让我坐牢吗

You want me to go to jail?

天呐  卡洛斯

Goodness,Carlos.

我...没意识到你的处境是...

I-I had no idea that your situation was so...

如此危险

Precarious.

好吧...我想

Well... I guess

我得把车开回经销店了

I'll just have to take this back to the dealership.

谢谢你能理解  宝贝

Thank you for understanding, babe.

如果...你不想要耳环

Look,if...  if you don't want the earrings,

可以买点别的东西

Just pick something else out instead.

只是不要太奢侈

Just not too extravagant.

别担心  我有数

Don't worry. I have a thought,

绝对是你支付得起的

And it's right in your price range.

噢 嗨 嗨

凯瑟琳  发生什么事了?

Hey,Katherine. what's going on?

你门前怎么停了一辆搬家车?

Why is there a moving van in your driveway?

我本想告诉你们的  我...

Oh,I meant to call you. I,uh...

只是一切都乱七八糟的 我找了份新工作 在芝加哥

It's just been so nuts. I got a new job... In Chicago.

什么?  你打算就这样离开这?

What? you're just leaving, like that?

我明白  这很疯狂  是吧

I know! it's crazy,huh?

我真想跟你们好好聊聊

I really wish I had time to talk,

-可我得收拾行李  -等等

But I gotta finish packing.  - oh,whoa. no,hang on.

让我跑回去叫朱莉来跟迪兰道个别  - 我们真的很赶时间

Let me just run and get Julie so she can say good-bye to Dylan. - oh, we're really in a rush.

我想我们没时间

I don't think we're gonna have time--

没关系  继续收拾  我会打扫干净的

Th-that's okay,guys! keep packing! I'll clean it up!

凯瑟琳?

Katherine?

没事吧?

Are you okay?

你看上去有些不安

You seem a little jumpy.

我只是没睡好  而且有很多事要做

I just had a-a long night, and I--I have a lot to do.

我会很想你们的

I'm really gonna miss you.

凯瑟琳

Katherine,hi.

噢 我把沙拉碗给你拿过来了

Oh,uh,I brought you that salad bowl.

噢 谢谢 你真是太体贴了

Oh,thank you. you're so thoughtful.

没什么的 噢 我本来一直想问你的

No problem. hey,you know, I was meaning to ask you,

你在芝加哥工作得怎么样?

How did that job in chicago work out?

工作?

Job?

你当时急着离开就是为了这个啊

You know,the one that you left so suddenly for.

对  没错  工作很好

Oh,right. yes,of course. uh,good.

工作很顺利  很有挑战性

Uh,it worked out well-- very challenging. oh.

我有东西正烤着呢  我得过去了

I've got something in the stove. I've gotta go.

苏珊

Susan.

怎么了?  我可是两个人在吃饭

What? I'm eating for two.

你们两个都想变胖吗

Well,do both of you wanna be fat?

好吧 等我分娩的时候 我会用力尖叫

Okay,when I'm in labor and I am pushing and screaming

把你的孩子带到这个世界上

To bring your child into the world,

你真的想让我想起

Do you really want me to remember

你曾不让我吃糖浆吗

That you denied me syrup?

继续吃吧

Carry on.

妈妈  我想跟你谈谈今晚的事

Mom,I need to talk to you about tonight.

噢 上帝啊

Oh,My God.

你是说玛特的派对?

Is it about Matt's party?

是的  派对要十点才开始

yeah, it turns out it doesn't start until 10:00,

我可以一点钟再回来吗?

So can I stay out till 1:00?

约翰森家就住在这条街上

Well,uh,well,the Johnsons live right down the road.

-我想可以  -谢谢

Yeah,I guess that's fine. - thanks.

- 这是克雷斯维尤的约翰逊一家吗?  - 是的

Whoa,whoa. is this the Johnsons over on Crestview? - Yeah,

我...认为你不应该去

I--I don't think you should go to that.

-为什么?  -我在他家干过活

Why not? well,i've done a couple jobs at that house,

他们弄的几次派对还真够放荡的

And they have some really wild parties.

-我都不想提我从他家马桶里都挖出了什么  - 那些是他哥哥的派对

I don't even wanna tell you what I've snaked out of that toilet. - those were his brother's parties.

玛特不是你说的那种人

Matt's not like that.

所有17岁的男孩都那样

All 17-year-old guys are like that.

我和朋友开派队的唯一原因

The only reason my buddies and I even had parties

-就是把女孩们灌醉  -我不会喝酒

Was to get girls wasted. - well,I don't drink.

泰勒小姐也不会

Neither did missy Taylor,

但很快她就把她的内衣绑在我车子的天线上了

And fast-forward to her tying her bra on my car antenna.

我很感谢你能替我着想

I really appreciate your concern,

但是妈妈已经同意我去了

But my mom already told me I could go.

这倒是事实

Well,that's true.

我只是说说我的看法 你妈说了算

Just giving my opinion. it's up to your mom.

那个..

你们两个都有一个...很好的理由

I mean,you both make a-a good case.

但我想我不得不同意...

Um... but I think I'm gonna have to agree with,uh...

-你们知道你们两个我都爱  -说吧

And you know I love you both-- decide.

-迈克  我同意迈克的看法  - 什么?

Mike. I'm going with Mike.  - what?

这个派对可能会是那种放荡的

Well,it sounds like this party could be on the wild side,

-而且时间太晚了  -这不公平

And it is starting very late.  - This is so unfair.

对不起  宝贝

I'm sorry,honey.

你要我做决定  这就是我的决定

You wanted a decision. this is my decision.

还要糖浆吗

More syrup?

泰勒小姐?

Missy Taylor?

继续吃吧

Carry on.

这不是小迪兰嘛  都长大了

Look at your little Dylan, all grown up.

我是凯伦·麦克卢斯基

Karen Mccluskey.

你小的时候我照看过你

I babysat you way back when.

你很会咬人呢

You were a biter.

希望那时我没伤到你

Well, I hope I didn't hurt you.

你那时很可爱...就是有点吵

Nah,you were a cutie... but loud.

我记得你老骑着三轮脚踏车到处闹

I remember the racket you used to make on your tricycle.

我跟你父亲抱怨过好几次那车上的铃

I gave your dad hell four putting that horn on it.

我父亲?

My dad?

恩哼

你怎么知道我父亲的?

How could you know my dad?

我很小的时候他就离开了

He left when I was a baby.

不  他以前有时候还来这儿

Nah,he used to come around once in a while.

不管怎样 你能回来我真高兴

Anyway, nice to have you back.

让我帮帮忙吧

Please let me help.

总这么坐着我觉得很愧疚

I feel so guilty just sitting here.

-你就坐着  就让我们好好照顾你吧  -谢谢你们

Do not move. we want to pamper you,so please let us. - Thank you.

化疗进展如何?

Hey,so how's the chemotherapy going?

-不  不  她不想谈那个  -没关系

Oh,no,no. she doesn't want to talk about that. - I don't mind.

来  我们吃派  看起来很好吃

Oh,come on. let's dig in to the pie. looks amazing.

天  布里  这是你做过最好吃的派

Oh,My God. Bree,that is,like, the best pie you've ever made.

谢谢  我以前也是这么做的

Well,thank you. I don't think I did anything differently.

这派不是我做的

This is not my pie.

好吧  被你们发现了  是我做的

Okay, you caught me. it's mine.

- 我做的那个派呢? - 噢 我偷偷摸摸

What happened to the pie that I brought?  - oh,I was a little sneaky,

把它放到冰箱里了  我想让你们尝尝我的

And I put it in the fridge. I just wanted you to try mine.

我们是不是达成共识

Well,did we or did we not agree

是由我带点心来?

that I would bring the dessert?

我知道 可是大家都说你做的派非常好吃

I know,but everyone says you're such an amazing baker,

所以我希望你能给我些建议

And I was hoping you would give me some tips

来改进我的手艺

To improve my recipe.

很明显你不需要指点

Well,clearly no tips are needed.

就像我的姐妹们说的是"最好吃的派"

As my friends said, "best pie ever made."

或许你什么都不该说

Well,then perhaps you shouldn't have said anything.

如果大家都认为是你做的  我会很高兴的

I would have been happy for everyone to think it was yours.

还是谈谈化疗吧

So back to chemo--

怎么样了?

How's that been?

目前为止...

Yeah,so far...

还不错

Not that bad.

尽管我昨天不得不把汤姆赶走

Though I did have to kick Tom out yesterday.

为什么?

Why?

他情绪太激动了

He was getting so emotional.

感觉就像《布莱恩的歌》的最后20分钟。(就好像我要死了似的)

It felt like the last 20 minutes of "Brian's song."

所以...我想我得找个新陪护

So... I guess I'm in the market for a new chemo buddy.

我非常高兴陪你

Well,I would be more than happy to go with you.

算我一个

Count me in.

我会陪在你身边

I'll sit with you.

我是医院的志愿者  所以本来我也会去的

I volunteer at the hospital, so I'll be there anyway.

天呐  姐妹们

Oh! My God,you guys.

你们都愿意去真让我感动

I'm so touched you're all willing to do this.

这才算是姐妹嘛

What are friends for?

加布?

Gaby?

不  我不要了  谢谢

Oh,no cream for me,thanks.

她抢了你柠檬蛋白酥皮派的风头?

She upstaged your lemon meringue pie?

你在开玩笑吧

You've gotta be kidding.

没有  那个卑鄙的女人

I'm not. that despicable woman

本来只是做个田园沙拉的

Was just supposed to bring a simple green salad.

结果她不但带了派

She not only brought a pie--

还把我的藏起来  把她的拿出来给大家吃

She hid mine and served hers.

那就不只是卑鄙了  简直是烹饪恐怖主义

Well,that's beyond despicable. that's culinary terrorism.

更糟的是  她的派比我的好吃

Oh,it gets worse. her pie was better than mine.

不可能

Impossible.

真的  每个人都那么认为

It's true. everyone thought so.

连我也不例外  还有那个简单的蔬菜沙拉

Even me. oh,and that simple green salad--

马谢叶 芝麻叶 法式烟鸭和甜胡桃

Mache and baby arugula with duck confit and candied walnuts!

天呐  她把你赢了

My God,she plays to win.

我在这儿忙了几个小时 想要搞清楚她的配方

I have been here for hours trying to replicate her recipe,

可根本连边都不沾

And nothing has even come close!

不要对自己要求太苛刻了  这个就很好吃

Don't be so hard on yourself. this one's fantastic.

那是她做的

That's hers!

对不起

Sorry.

奥森  我该怎么办?

Orson,what am I gonna do?

或许你该忍辱负重

You might have to bite the bullet

去请教她的配方

And ask her for her recipe.

什么?  认输?  放下自己的架子?

What? surrender? debase myself?

布里  那可是你最拿手的派

Bree, it's your signature pie.

无论是派对 教堂晚餐 还是售饼活动 你都要做的

You make it for parties, church suppers,bake sales.

如果她总跟在你后面

If she's always right there behind you

拿出改进版食物

With her superior version, staking out her claim

称自己是美景镇第一主妇...

As fairview's number one homemaker...

她会抢走我所有的名望

She will have stolen my entire identity.

我倒不会这么觉得

Well, I wouldn't go that far.

不  就是那样

No,it's true.

我唯一的特长

The only thing about me that's special

就是厨艺

Is what I can do in the kitchen.

你说的对

You're right.

我得拿到菜谱...

I have got to get that recipe...

用尽一切方法

By any means necessary.

加布

Hey,Gaby.

什么事?

Hey,what's up?

嗯...我觉得午饭时候的事

Well... I felt a little weird

有点奇怪

About something that happened at lunch,

我觉得我们该谈谈

And I thought we should talk about it.

我知道  你能想象刚才那事情么

I know. do you believe that pie business?

我想布里的脑袋快要炸了

I thought Bree's head was gonna explode.

不  不是那件事

No,not that.

好吧  我不知道该怎么开口

Okay,I don't know how to say this,

我要说的是

So I'm just gonna say it.

当每个人都说愿意陪我去化疗

When everyone was offering to come with me to chemo--

即使是凯瑟琳这个我根本不熟悉的人

Even Katherine, who I don't even know,

你好象不愿意去  是为什么?

You sort of clammed up. what was that about?

已经有那么多人了嘛

Well,it just seemed like people had it pretty well covered.

是的  但是在我俩之间

Yeah,but between us,

我确实希望你能陪我去

You're the one I really want there.

你是所有人中最让人开心的

Out of everyone, you're the most fun,

我现在需要你让我开心

And I need that now.

我很高兴你这么说

Oh,that's sweet.

但说实话  我不喜欢医院

But to be honest, I don't like hospitals.

没人喜欢医院

Nobody likes hospitals.

不幸的是  当你或是你朋友病了的时候

Unfortunately,that's the place you have to go

你不得不去

When you're sick, or your friends are.

你是我朋友吧

You are my friend,right?

难道这是一次对我们友谊的考验?

What,is this a test of our friendship?

是的...某种意义上

Yeah... kinda.

我可以把你归进来吗

Can I pencil you in?

我等不急了

I can't wait.

过来这边

Psst! come here.

行  我过去

Okay,I'll come there.

你还在为派对的事生我的气吗

Are you still mad at me about the party?

你意识到了  是吗?

Oh,you picked up on that, did you?

我一直在想这件事...

Okay,look,I've been thinking about things,and...

把我之前说的忘了吧

Just forget what I said earlier.

你的意思是我可以去?

You mean I can go?

-麦克在那间屋子里  -你不打算告诉他?

Shh! Jeez! Ooh, Mike's in the other room.  - You're not gonna tell him?

-不  你也不准  -为什么你要这么小心翼翼的?

No,and neither are you. - why are you walking on eggshells?

-你是我妈  你有权推翻他的意见  -我知道

You are my mother. you have every right to override him. - I know.

我只是觉得  他关心你这很好

I just--I think it's sweet that he worries about you,

而且我想让他觉得他也

And I want him to feel like he's part

有权做决定

Of the decision making process.

但很明显你如果你背着他又来一套 那他就没有

Well,clearly he's not if you're going behind his ck.

你究竟想不想去?

Do you wanna go or not?

想  我真的很想去

Yes! yes,I really wanna go to the party.

派对?  你们还在讨论那个?

Party? you guys still talking about that?

你能相信吗

Can you believe it?

忘了那派对吧  麦克跟我已经决定了

Ugh! let it go. you know,Mike and I decided--

最后一次跟你说  不准去

No party,and that's final.

布里

Bree.

我希望我来得是时候

I hope this isn't a bad time.

我想送你一份礼物恭贺你乔迁之喜

I just wanted to bring you a housewarming gift.

这是我特制肉馅派的烹饪配方

It's the recipe for my special mincemeat pie.

每年的感恩节我家里都少不了它

It wouldn't be thanksgiving at my house without it.

你真是体贴人

Well... aren't you thoughtful?

让我把它放进我的配方盒里

Let me just file this in my recipe box.

既然我们分享彼此派的配方了

Well,as long as we're swapping pie recipes,

我想要你那美味的柠檬蛋白酥皮派的

I would love the one for your fabulous lemon meringue.

真的吗?  那真是太抬举我了

Really? I'm so flattered you'd ask.

可那个我不拿来分享

But I don't share that.

什么?

Excuse me?

你要知道

You have to understand--

我研究了很多年

I experimented for years

才得出我的秘方

Before I came up with my secret ingredient.

用什么做的?  香草?  肉蔻?  还是小豆蔻?

Which is what? vanilla? nutmeg? cardamom?

如果我告诉你  那就不叫秘方了

If I told you,it wouldn't be a secret anymore.

那只能叫做配料

It would just be an ingrEdient.

这样看起来可太不像邻居

Well,that,um, hardly seems neighborly.

毕竟我才给了你我做肉馅派的小秘诀

After all,I just gave you the recipe for my mincemeat pie.

是的  非常好的秘诀  我有那本烹饪书

Yes,and it's a very good one. I have the book it came from.

可它并不是来自烹饪书

That recipe is not from a book.

它是由我母亲传下来的

That recipe was handed down to me from my mother.

除非你母亲是贝蒂·克罗克

Well,unless your mother was betty crocker,

否则那就是从书上学来的

She got it from a book.

亲爱的  我让你失望了

Oh,dear. now I've upset you.

不不  我没有失望

No. no,I am not upset.

我只是不懂为什么你这么打定注意

I'm just confused as to why you seem so determined

让人对你有不好的印象

To get off on the wrong foot.

你给了勒奈特做了一个派

First you bring a pie to Lynette's,

而我给你安排的任务是色拉

When I clearly assigned you the salad--

这也正是我搞不懂的

Now,see, that's where I'm confused.

是谁给你权利

Just what,please, gives you the right

让你在我提议的午宴上决定谁做什么

To decide who brings what to a luncheon that I suggested?

这是传统

Well,it's tradition.

总是由我来组织我们的小型聚会

I always organize our little get-togethers,

而且我也总是负责甜品

And I always bring dessert.

那我回来得太好了

Well,then, how lovely that I'm back

可以把这个担子从你肩上卸下来

And can shoulder that burden for you.

只要...给我秘方就好

Just... give me the recipe!

对不起  办不到

Sorry. I can't.

我真心希望这不会成为我们友谊的障碍

I do hope this doesn't keep us from being friends,

因为我喜欢你  布里

Because I like you,Bree.

并且我确定只要你努力

And I'm sure if you put your mind to it,

你可以做出

You can come up

一个比我更好的柠檬蛋白酥皮派

With an even better lemon meringue pie than mine.

窍门是要找到糖和面粉的完美比例

The trick is finding that perfect blend of sweet and sour.

你想必已经掌握了  亲爱的

Well,you've certainly mastered that,dear.

我什么时候才能看到给我的大惊喜啊?

So when do I get to see my big surprise?

马上就好  马上就好

Wait for it. wait for it.

糖浆全作用到你胸部去了

Whoa. all that syrup went straight to your boobs.

看来这不是我的想象 它们确实变大了对吧?

So it's not my imagination. they're bigger,right?

是的

Uh,yeah.

特别是右边那个

Especially the right one.

麦克

Mike!

开玩笑的  带它们到我这边来

Just kidding. pick those up and bring 'em over here.

我最好提醒你

Well,I'd better warn you.

我可能得活动下肩膀

I may have to work the shoulders.

关于今天早上朱莉和那个派对的事

That thing with Julie and the party this morning...

恩?

谢谢你支持我

Mm-hmm? Thanks for backing me up.

对我而言很重要  我知道对你来说也不容易

It meant a lot,and I know it wasn't easy for you.

是的  你知道  有时确实需要强硬一点

Uh,yeah,well,you know, sometimes you gotta hang tough.

你做得对

Mm,well, you did the right thing.

今晚我经过那个办派对的房子

I drove by that house tonight. mm-hmm?

-那场派对简直乱得可以

That party was out of control.

什么?

what?

是的  那些喝醉的孩子  摇摇晃晃地走来走去...

Yeah,there were kids staggering around drunk...

吐在阴沟里

Puking in the gutter,

然后我又看到一些女孩裸着上身跑来跑去

And then I saw some girls running around topless.

我相信警察随时都会过去的

I'm sure the cops will be there any minute.

我们需要生奶油。

We need whipped cream.

什么?

What?

我认为如果缺少了生奶油的话

Well,I don't think that you can have sexy date night

我们就不能拥有火辣辣的一夜 - 不会而且决不可能

Without whipped cream. - Can't and won't.

我可以去弄一些

Well,I... I can go get some.

不不  你已经工作了一整天了

No,no,you've,uh, worked all day.

你呆在这里  我到便利店去

You stay here. I'll go to the store.

可以再买些糖浆吗

Could you get more syrup?

许个愿吧

Make a wish.

我很想知道我对你怎样

So I'm dying to see what I got you.

有多体贴?

How thoughtful was I?

非常地体贴

Very.

打开它

Open it.

好的

"yes!"

还不是时候  我还没问问题

Not yet. I haven't asked the question.

你愿意跟我结婚吗  卡洛斯·索利斯

Will you marry me, Carlos Solis?

你的回答是...

And you say...

你在求婚?

You're proposing?

你说你不愿意花费太多

You said you didn't want to spend too much.

有什么比一个承诺更容易负担得起呢?

So what's more affordable than a promise?

这样  伊迪

Look,Edie--

我可是为了你才这么做的

I'm doing this for you.

如果国税局发现了你那...

If the I.R.S. gets wind of your...

"雨天基金"(收入不足保护基金)

rainy day fund,

他们可能要求我做不利于你的证词

They could make me testify against you.

但如果我成了你的妻子...

But if I were your wife...

他们怎么会发现?

How are they going to find out?

亲爱的  总有人会说...

Oh,honey,people talk--

生气的人  失望的人

Angry people, disappointed people.

拜托  说吧

Come on. say your line.

今天是我生日

It's my birthday.

Fine.

我们订婚了

We're engaged.

卡洛斯

Oh! Carlos!

我想我要哭了

I think I'm gonna cry.

是的  我也是

Yeah,me,too.

你说有多奇怪?  我妈妈一直跟我说

I mean,how weird is that? My Mom always told me

我爸爸在我刚出生时

that my dad took off right

就离开我了

after I was born.

那她解释了麦克劳斯基夫人的话吗?

So did she explain what Mccluskey said?

我没告诉她

I didn't tell her.

每次我只要一提起他  我妈就气得要死

She kinda freaks out anytime I bring him up.

迪兰  你有权利知道谁是你父亲

Dylan,you have a right to know about your dad.

你得跟她明说

You've got to confront her.

是呀,可以

Yeah,right.

我永远也做不到

I could never do that.

她不像你妈妈那样

she isn't cool like your mom.

你好  今天是我的生日

Hi. it's my birthday.

那你一定是麦特

Oh,that must mean you're Matt.

我是苏珊·梅尔 我是....

I'm Susan Mayer,and I'm--

好的

all righty.

布默,你这个大混蛋 你真这么做了!

Boomer,you magnificent bastard! you actually did it!

不是我做的 不过生日快乐 伙计

It wasn't me, but happy birthday,man.

不管是谁肯定有人干了  大家快过来

Well,it was somebody. who cares? gather 'round,men.

你喜欢这首音乐吗

So you like this music?

恩  还不错

Yeah,it's fine.

谁能告诉我到哪里能找到...

Would somebody just tell me where I can find--

说够了  快脱吧

Hey,enough talking. just take it off.

我们今晚大方得很

We're feeling generous tonight.

老天

Oh,My God!

我不是脱衣舞娘

I'm not a stripper.

你不是吗

You're not?

是开场白还是?

is this gonna happen or what?

布默  她不是脱衣舞娘

Boomer, she's not a stripper.

那这胸怎么会这么大?

Well, what's with the implants?

我怀孕了

I'm pregnant.

很性感哪

That's hot.

抱歉

Sorry.

本该早点知道你是朱莉的妈妈

should've known you were Julie's mom.

你身材比脱衣舞娘可棒多了

You're way too gorgeous to be a stripper.

如果你觉得这样

If that's your lame attempt

我就会不告诉你父母

To keep me from calling your parents...

那你成功了  好好玩吧

It worked. well played.

借过

Excuse me.

妈  你来这儿干什么?

Mom, what are you doing here?

我来带你回家 这场派对有些过了

I am taking you home. this party is out of control.

不  并没有

No,it's not.

你当然认为没有

Well,of course you don't think it is,

因为你喝了一大杯...

Because you're knocking back a big cup of...

橘子汽水

Mm... orange soda.

我真不敢相信

I don't believe this.

相信吧  我们走  - 迪兰  你也是

Well,believe it. we're going. you,too, - Dylan. come on.

你穿的是什么

And what are you wearing?

真丢人

It's embarrassing.

可布默他喜欢

Yeah,well, Boomer likes it.

明天给我电话

Call me tomorrow.

去看电影我妈也会把我们拖出来的

We'll go to a movie my mom can drag us out of.

听我说 我知道你不高兴

Look,I get that you're upset.

不 我搞不明白

No,I'm confused.

一开始 我可以去派对

First,I can go to the party,

然后因为麦克说不行  又不能去了

Then I can't because Mike says no.

然后又可以去  但是"别告诉麦克  而且要规矩些"

Then I can,but "don't tell mike and behave yourself."

最后我行为很规矩  你却又来指责我了

So I behave myself, and you punish me.

好吧  我承认 这事情有点前后矛盾

Okay,I admit. That there's a certain lack of consistency there.

就像...

It's like...

自从你结婚后 我就总做不了主

ever since you got married,I can't win.

你觉得我容易吗

Do you think this is easy for me?

在新的丈夫和

Trying to keep peace

未成年的女儿之间努力维持和平

Between a new husband and a teenage daughter?

你总是让我进退两难

You're always putting me in the middle.

我没有

ugh. I don't do that.

拜托

Please.

每次你和迈克意见不和

every time you and mike disagree on something,

你就给我那副可怜相

You give me the look-- that pitiful face

好像如果我不支持你

That says if I don't back you up,

就说明我更爱他

I love the other one more.

我没指望你每次都支持我

I don't expect you to side with me every time.

只要你做个决定  并坚持

Just make a decision and stick to it.

不要说谎

And no more lying.

好吧  你是对的

Well,you're right.

我是成年人  对这类事我得诚实

I'm an adult,and I need to be honest about these things,

而且我将会...从明天开始

And I will be... starting tomorrow.

看看我在电影院门口碰到谁了...

Look who I picked up coming out of the movies--

PG级电影

a P.G. movie.

这是我们的乖乖女吗?

Is this the perfect teenager or what?

噢 电影 是吧

Oh,the movies,huh?

真有趣

that's funny.

因为朱莉的一个朋友刚打电话过来

Cause one of Julie's friends just called

确认朱莉离开聚会后  是不是到家了

To make sure she got home from the party.

她很担心

She was worried

因为她看见你和一个脱衣舞娘一起离开

When she saw you leaving with a stripper.

妈妈  你完了

The jig is up,mom.(北美,非正式:把戏已拆穿,一切都完了,已无成功希望)

不  不  我可以处理 只是需要你配合

No,no, we can salvage this. Just work with me.

我确实去派对了

I did go to the party.

妈妈背着你告诉我 我可以去

Mom went behind your back and told me I could.

不过我...我没喝酒  也没干什么不该做的事

But I-I didn't drink or do anything I shouldn't have.

很高兴听你这么说

Glad to hear it,

并且 感谢你的诚实

and,uh, thanks for your honesty.

你要知道  你这乖乖女

You know, this perfect teenager thing

真开始要惹我生气了

Is really starting to chap my ass.

我去睡了

I'm going to bed.

请告诉我 你不会因为这种事离开我

Please tell me this isn't gonna be one of those things

然后让我疯狂地到处找你

Where you leave me and I go screaming down the street.

你为什么不跟我商量?

Why'd you go behind my back?

我很抱歉

I'm sorry.

你得理解  这些年来

You gotta understand, for so long,

朱莉和我相依为命

It's just been Julie and me,

我必须独自决定一切

And I've made all the decisions alone.

你如此地敏感

You felt so strongly.

我只是提个建议  她是你女儿

It was just an opinion,really. she's your daughter.

你要怎么养育她

I completely respect your right

我都会完全尊重的

To raise her however you want.

谢谢

Thanks.

既然已经说开了  这孩子是我们的

Now that being said, this baby is ours.

所以我们应该

So we'll get to make

共同决定如何养育她  不是吗

All those parenting decisions together,right?

没错

Right.

让我们回到那火辣之夜?

So can we go back to date night?

除非你动动肩膀

Only if you work the shoulders.

加布  你去哪儿了?

Gaby,where have you been?

你大约半小时前去的卫生间

You went to the bathroom, like,half an hour ago.

抱歉  我中途给你买了几本杂志

Oh,sorry. I stopped off to get you some magazines.

"十大最新发式"

"top ten new hairstyles."

虽然现在我差不多秃了  还是谢谢你

Yeah,well,I'm kinda bald right now,but thanks.

那我去看看还有别的没?

Why don't I go check if there are some other ones?

不 不用 我用不着看杂志

No,no,I don't need magazines.

我要人陪  坐下 你来了就一直在忙

I need company. sit down.You've been bouncing around since you got here.

那么...

So...

-当上美景镇第一夫人感觉怎么样?  -很好

How do you like being the first lady of Fairview? - it's good.

你冷吗  这冷气真强

Are you cold? they keep it cold in here.

我还好

I'm fine.

那么跟我说说  你剪彩的时候

So tell me something. when you go to a ribbon cutting,

你得一直拿着那些奇怪的大剪刀吗

Do you get to keep those gigantic novelty scissors?

你肯定冻坏了

You must be freezing.

我车上有最漂亮的披肩

You know,I have the cutest shawl in the car,

我去拿给你

So I'm just gonna run out and get it for you.

姐妹儿  你真不想跟我待一块  是吧?

Boy,you really don't wanna be here,do ya?

你说什么呢?  我想帮你

What are you talking about? I'm trying to help.

是呀  以任何方式  只要它能让你离开这间屋子

Yeah,in any way that gets you out of this room.

对不起  只是医院让我很不自在

I'm sorry. it's just hospitals are hard for me.

好吧  你说过  但是  加布

Yeah,you told me, but,jeez,Gaby,

你难道就不努力尝试一下吗?

Don't you care enough to make an effort?

你认为我没有?

You think I don't care?

我知道了  你觉得不舒服

I get it. you're uncomfortable.

走吧  我没事

Just go. I'm fine.

我没事

I'm fine.

我跟你说起过我父亲吗

Did I ever tell you about my father?

他以前也患了癌症

He had cancer,too.

先是肝脏  然后是骨头

Started in the liver, went into his bones,

十个月后他就走了

And ten months later, he was dead.

谢谢你讲这么个"振奋人心"的故事

Thanks for that encouraging story.

我还没说完

I'm not finished.

在他最后几周里

Those last weeks,

每天我们都以为要失去他了

Every day we thought we were gonna lose him.

每天我走进他病房的时候

And every day,before I would go into his room,

妈妈都会说"别哭"

My mom would say, "no tears.

"爸爸想看到你的笑容

"daddy wants to see you smiling.

要哭  就别进去"

If you're gonna cry, you can't go in."

所以...最后那一夜...

So... on the last night...

我坐在床边  看着他死去

I sat there and I watched him die.

虽然他的眼睛闭上了

His eyes were closed,

但是我觉得他还能看见我

But I thought he could still see me.

于是我一直笑着...

So I kept smiling...

整整一个晚上

All night.

那时我才五岁

I was 5.

天啊

Oh,My God.

不过也有好处

But on the plus side,

我学会强颜欢笑

I made a pretty good career out of knowing how to smile

靠这才找到了份好工作

When I didn't really feel like it.

但是对你我做不到

But I can't pretend with you.

特别是在害怕失去你的时候

Not when I'm scared I'm gonna lose you.

你不会失去我的

You're not gonna lose me.

你保证?

You promise?

因为如果我真的...

Cause if I did...

那么...

Then...

天啊  我真傻

God! I'm such a mess.

没什么的 来 不想了 噢

It's okay. come here. let it go. oh.

宝贝?

Honey?

我去接亚当  很快回来

I'm going to get adam. be right back.

妈妈?

Mom?

我能跟你谈谈吗

Can I talk to you about something?

当然  如果不介意在车上的话

Sure. if you don't mind talking in the car.

布里·豪治一直试图

Bree hodge persisted  in her effort

破解凯瑟琳·梅菲尔的

To unlock the secret

柠檬蛋白酥皮派秘方

Of Katherine mayfair's lemon meringue.

但是几经失败之后

But after several failed attempts,

布里意识到虽然她找不到

It occurred to Bree that while she might not have

凯瑟琳菜谱的关键

The key to Katherine's recipe...

但她却有

She did have the key...

凯瑟琳家的钥匙

To Katherine's house.

-有什么事吗  -我在焙烤食物

Oh,hey,what's up?  - I was doing a little baking,

能借点东西吗

And I was wondering if I could borrow something.

当然  需要什么  面粉  糖?

Sure. what do you need-- flour,sugar?

凯伦·麦克卢斯基说什么你都别信

You can't believe what Karen Mccluskey tells you.

她已经老糊涂了

She's an old woman-- practically senile.

我看她可不糊涂

She didn't sound senile to me.

迪兰  也许现在不是时候  好吗

Dylan,maybe this is not the time,okay?

你说我父亲不关心我

You said my father didn't care about me,

可她说他来过  他要见我

But she says he came here. he wanted to see me.

你为什么不告诉我?

Why would you not tell me that?

他是我父亲  我有权知道

He's my father. I deserve to know.

你唯一需要知道的就是

The only thing you need to know about that man

他是个混蛋

Is he was a monster.

我可以自己判断  他在哪?

I can decide that for myself. where is he?

我不知道

I don't know.

-你说谎  -不  她没有

You're lying. no,she's not.

不  她就是

Yes,she is.

她一直在骗我

She has been lying to me my whole life.

我开始认为也许你才是混蛋了

I'm starting to think maybe you're the monster.

我为她做了这么多

She can't talk to me that way,

她不能那样跟我说话

Not after everything I've done for her.

也许这就是问题所在

Well,maybe that's the problem.

她并不知道你所做的

She doesn't know what you've done for her.

没人知道  以后也是

Nobody does, and it's gonna stay that way.

你确定?  她会这样不断问的

Are you sure? she's just gonna keep asking questions.

所以我们最好编造些更好的谎言

Then we'd better start coming up with better lies.

你回来啦

Oh,there you are.

我还在想你去哪儿了呢

I was wondering where you'd gone to.

我刚偷偷遛进凯瑟琳的家

I just let myself into Katherine's house

去找那菜谱

To get that recipe.

似乎有些极端

Well,that seems a bit extreme.

至少现在你知道她的秘密了

Well,at least you know her secret now.

是呀  不过跟派没什么关系

Yes,and it has nothing to do with pie.

事情是这样的

Ahh. here's the thing.

我正有个很好的机会跟我的前妻和好

I got a real chance at getting back together with my ex,

可这女人硬来插一脚

But this woman is standing in my way.

她还知道钱的事

And she knows about the money, and she's made it clear

还说得很清楚  如果我离开她就揭发我

That if I leave, she's gonna blow the whistle.

你得明白...

You gotta understand...

我确实很喜欢伊迪

I really did care for Edie,

但我不能让她毁了我的生活

But I can't let her ruin my life.

这就是你要做的

That's where you come in.

伙计们  我们得收敛点

You guys,we better behave,

不然护士会把我们赶出去

Or the nurses are gonna kick us out.

现在是化疗聚会  我们想笑就笑

Hey,it's our chemo party, and we'll laugh if we want to.

加布  这主意真棒

Gaby,this was a wonderful idea.

你不知道这对我意味着什么

I cannot tell you how much it means to me.

别奉承我  我可受不了

Well,don't get sappy on me. I won't stand for it.

好吧  苏珊  相机好了吗?

All right,Susan, is the camera ready?

好了

Yeah. got it.

好  当灯开始闪

Okay,once the light starts blinking,

我们就只有三秒钟

We've got three seconds,

大家说"茄子"  保持住

So,everybody,say,"cheese" and hold it.

Okay.

一  二  三

One,two,three.

茄子

Cheese!

没有什么比笑容更具欺骗性

There is nothing more deceptive than a smile,

而且没有人比笑容背后的人

And no one knows this better

更清楚这点

Than the people who hide behind them.

有人露齿一笑是在

Some flash their teeth  as a polite warning

礼貌地警告敌人

To their enemies.

有人笑容满面只为眼泪不要决堤

Some put on beaming faces to  keep their tears from falling.

还有人用傻笑掩饰自己的恐惧

Others wear silly grins  to mask their fear.

不过尽管稀有

But then  there is that rare smile

真诚的微笑还是存在

That is actually genuine.

我会搞定的

I'll take care of it.

这样的笑容属于那些知道自己将要

It's the smile of a person  who knows his troubles

告别麻烦的人

Will soon be over.

©著作权归作者所有,转载或内容合作请联系作者
【社区内容提示】社区部分内容疑似由AI辅助生成,浏览时请结合常识与多方信息审慎甄别。
平台声明:文章内容(如有图片或视频亦包括在内)由作者上传并发布,文章内容仅代表作者本人观点,简书系信息发布平台,仅提供信息存储服务。

相关阅读更多精彩内容

友情链接更多精彩内容