The next day the little prince came back.
第二天,小王子又来了。
"It would have been better to come back at the same hour," said the fox.
“你最好每天在同一个时间过来,” 狐狸说。
"If, for example, you come at four o'clock in the afternoon, then at three o'clock I shall begin to be happy.
“比如说,如果你下午四点钟过来,那我三点钟就会开始感到开心。
I shall feel happier and happier as the hour advances.
时间越接近四点我就越开心。
At four o'clock, I shall already be worrying and jumping about.
到了四点,我就会感到焦虑,坐立不安。
I shall show you how happy I am!
我一定会让你知道我到底有多开心!
But if you come at just any time, I shall never know at what hour my heart is to be ready to greet you...
但是如果你随便什么时候来,那我就不知道该什么时候来准备迎接你……
One must observe the proper rites..."
每个人必须遵循适当的仪式……”
"What is a rite?" asked the little prince.
“什么是仪式?”小王子问道。
"Those also are actions too often neglected," said the fox.
“那也是经常被忽略的行为,” 狐狸说道,
"They are what make one day different from other days, one hour from other hours."
“仪式把某一天同其他日子区别开来,它使某一时刻不同于其他时刻。”
生活需要有仪式感。仪式感不是华而不实的形式主义,它是对生活的尊重与期盼,是不被日常琐碎慢慢吞噬的那份温情与浪漫。