中英对照:
Monica: There's nothing to tell! He's just some guy I work with!
没什么好说的!他不过是我的同事!
Joey: Come on, you're going out with the guy! There's gotta be something wrong with him!
少来了,你和那个人一起出去!拜托,和你交往的男人一定有问题!
Chandler: All right Joey, be nice. So does he have a hump? A hump and a hairpiece?
打住,乔伊,嘴下留德。他驼背?既驼背又带假发?
Phoebe: Wait, does he eat chalk?
慢着,他吃粉笔吗?
Phoebe: Just, 'cause, I don't want her to go through what I went through with Carl- oh!
我只是不想她重蹈我和卡尔的覆辙。
Monica: Okay, everybody relax. This is not even a date. It's just two people going out to dinner and- not having sex.
各位别急,这不算约会。我们不过是出去吃晚餐,而且不做爱。
Chandler: Sounds like a date to me.
听起来好像是说我的约会。
----------------------------------------
词汇点:
1. hump n. 驼背
2. hairpiece n. 假发
3. chalk n. 粉笔
4. go through v. 经历,经受(尤指艰难时期)
语法点:
1. He's just some guyI work with!
I work with 是一个省略了that 的定语从句,修饰前面的名词guy。
2.I don't want her to go throughwhat I went through with Carl- oh!
what I went through with Carl- oh! 是一个宾语从句。
地道表达:
There is something wrong with sth/sb.
某人/某物有问题,有毛病。
eg. There is something wrong with the phone. 这台电话有问题
-----------------------------------
微信公众号:zzdfh6688