跟着卷福学英语(十五)

前景提要:又一个自由记者被杀,卷福想要找出两者的联系。同时,还要破解神秘符号的真正含义......

D:What are you doing? 你在干什么?

S:Clings to the walls like an insect. That's how he got in.凶手像昆虫一样攀附在墙上。他就是这么进来的。

D:What?!什么?!

S:He climbed up the side of the walls, ran along the roof, dropped in through this skylight.他顺着墙爬上来,跑到屋顶,从这个天窗跳进来。

D:You're not serious?! Like Spider-Man?你开玩笑的吧?!像蜘蛛侠那样吗?

S:He scaled six floors of a Docklands apartment building, jumped the balcony and killed Van Coon.他爬到了码头区公寓楼的六楼,从阳台跳入杀害了Van Coon。

D:Oh, hold on!得了吧!

S:And of course that's how he got into the bank ran along the window ledge onto the terrace. I have to find out what connects these two men. 当然他也是这样潜入银行顺着窗台爬到露台上。我得找到这两人之间的联系。

S:Date stamped on the book is the same day that he died.书上的借书日期就是他被害的那天。

W:Sherlock?夏洛克?

S:So, the killer goes to the bank, leaves a threatening cipher for Van Coon. Van Coon panics, returns to his apartment, locks himself in. Hours later, he dies.凶手去了银行,给范孔留下了一个恐吓密码。范孔惊慌失措,跑回自己家锁起来。数小时后,他死了。

W:The killer finds Lukis at the library, he writes the cipher on the shelf where he knows it'll be seen. Lukis goes home.凶手在图书馆找到了路基斯,并在他能看到的书架上留下密码。路基斯逃回家。

S:Late that night, he dies too.那天深夜,他也死了。

W:Why did they die, Sherlock?他们为什么会被杀,夏洛克?

S:Only the cipher can tellus. The world's run on codes and ciphers, John. From the million-pound security system at the bank to the PIN machine you took exception to. Cryptography inhabits our every wakingmoment. 只有密码才能告诉我们答案。约翰,这世上充满了暗号和密码。从价值数百万英镑的银行保卫系统到普通的密码机皆是如此。只要我们醒着就得跟密码打交道。

W:Yes, OK, but...是,没错,不过…

S:But it's all computergenerated electronic codes, electronic ciphering methods. This is different. It'san ancient device. Modern code-breaking methods won't unravel it. 不过都是由电脑生成,例如电子编码,电子加密程序。这次不一样。这是一种古老的编码方法。现代的密码破译技术无法破解。

W:Where are we headed? 我们去哪里?

S:I need to ask some advice. 我的去咨询一下。

W:What?! Sorry?什么?!再说一次?

S:You heard me perfectly. I'm not saying it again.你听得很清楚。我不想重复。

W:You need advice? 你也要咨询?

S:On painting. Yes, I need to talk to an expert.绘画方面的。没错,我得向专家咨询一下。

Raz: Part of a new exhibition. 新作的冰山一角。

S:Interesting.有意思。

Raz: I call it…Urban Bloodlust Frenzy.我叫它…《都市杀戮狂》。

W:Catchy!朗朗上口!

Raz: I've got two minutes before a Community Support Officer comes around that corner. Can we do this while I'm working?再过两分钟社区协警就从那拐角过来了。可以让我边画边说吗?

S:Know the author?认识创作者吗?

Raz:I recognise the paint. It's like Michigan...hard-core propellant. I'd say zinc.我认得这涂料。像是密歇根牌…某种高手用原料。我想是锌。

S:And what about the symbols? Do you recognise them?那这些符号呢?你认识吗?

Raz: I'm not even sure it's a proper language.我不确定这是不是某种语言。

S:Two men have been murdered, Raz. Deciphering this is the key to finding out who killed them.两个人被害了,拉兹。破译这密码就是找到凶手的关键。

Raz: And this is all you've got to go on? It’s hardly much, is it?这就是你们唯一的线索吗?寥寥无几啊?

S:Are you going to help us or not?你到底帮不帮我们?

Raz: I'll ask around.我会去打听下。

S:Somebody must know something about it.总会有人了解点内情。

Officer B: Oi!What the hell do you think you're doing?This gallery is a listed public building. 那边的!你到底在干什么?这美术馆可是保护建筑。

W:No, no. Wait, wait. It's not me who painted that. I was just holding this for...不不,等等。这不是我画的。我只不过是帮人拿着...

Officer B: Bit of an enthusiast, are we?你还真是热心呐,跟我们走一趟吧?

Andy: She was right in the middle of an important piece of restoration. Why would she suddenly resign? 那件陶器她才刚刚修复到一半。她为什么要突然辞职?

Woman B: Family problems. She said so in her letter.家庭原因。她辞职信上是这么说。

Andy: But she doesn't have a family. She came to this country on her own.但她没有家庭。她独自一人来到英国。

Woman B: Andy!安迪!

Andy: Look, those teapots, those ceramics. They've become her obsession. She's been working on restoring them for weeks. I can't believe that she would just...abandon them.看,这些茶壶,这些陶器。它们令她着迷。连着几个星期她都在修复这些。我不信她会就这样弃它们不顾。

Woman B: Perhaps she was getting a bit of unwanted attention?我想是某人把她吓跑了?

姚素琳的辞职让安迪感到费解

S:You've been a while.你去了很久。

W:Yeah, well, you know how it is. Custody sergeants don't really like to be hurried, do they? Just formalities. Fingerprints, charge sheet, and I'vegot to be in Magistrates' Court on Tuesday. 是啊,你清楚那些程序。拘留所的警官可不会轻易放人走,是吧? 各种手续,指纹,控诉书,周二我还得上治安法庭。

S:What? 什么?

W:Me, Sherlock! In court, onTuesday! They’re giving me an ASBO! 我,夏洛克!周二,上法庭!他们控告我违反社会治安!

S:Good, fine.真是好极了。

W:You want to tell your little pal, he's welcome to go and own up any time.麻烦转告你的小伙计,随时欢迎他来招供。

S:This symbol, I still can't place it. No, I need you to go to the police station and ask about the journalist. The personal effects will have been impounded. Get hold of his diary, or something that will tell us his movements. Go and see Van Coon's PA. If you retrace their steps, somewhere they'll coincide.这密码,我还是解不出来。慢,你得去趟警局,了解下那个记者的情况。他的私人物品应该被收在那里。去找下他的日记或任何记录他行程的东西。我去拜访下范孔的助理。顺着他们的行程走,总会发现有巧合之处。

W:Scotland Yard.到苏格兰场。

Amanda: Flew back from Dalian Friday. Looks like he had back-to-back meetings with the sales team.周五从大连飞回来。似乎他与销售团队连开了好几个会。

S:Can you print me up a copy?能给我打印一份吗?

Amanda: Sure.当然。

S:What about the day he died? Can you tell me where he was?他被害那天的日程呢?能告诉我他去过哪儿吗?

Amanda: Sorry, I've got a gap. I have all his receipts.抱歉,那天行程是空白。我有他所有的收据。

D:Your friend…你的朋友…

W:Listen,whatever you say, I'm behind you 100 per cent.听着,不管你说什么,我都百分之百支持你。

D:...he's an arrogant sod.他是个傲慢自大的混蛋。

W:Well, that was mild. People say a lot worse than that. This is what you wanted, isn't it? The journalist's diary?你这算是客气的了。还有人说得更难听。这就是你要的东西?那记者的日记?

S:What kind of a boss was he, Amanda? Appreciative? Amanda,他是个什么样的老板?关心下属吗?

Amanda: Um, no. That's not a word I'd use. The only things Eddie appreciated had a big price tag.不。我觉得不是。Eddie只关心那些昂贵的东西。

S:Like that hand cream. He bought that for you, didn't he? Look at this one. Got a taxi from him on the day he died,£18.5.比如这护手霜。是他给你买的吧?看这张。他被害当天的打的发票,18.5镑。

Amanda: That would get him to the office. 那是他打车来办公室吧。

S:Not rush hour. Check the time.Mid-morning. 18 would get him as far as... 非高峰期。看下时间。上午10点左右18镑够他打车到…

Amanda: ...The West End. I remember him saying. 西区。我记得他说过。

S:Underground, printed at one inPiccadilly. 地铁票,下午一点从皮卡迪利进站。

Amanda: So he got a Tube back to the office. Why would he get a taxi into town, and then the Tubeback?那他是搭地铁回的办公室。他为什么先打的出去,又搭地铁回来呢?

S:Because he was delivering somethingheavy. You wouldn't lug a package up the escalator.因为他携带了重物。沉重的包裹很难拖上自动扶梯。

Amanda: Delivering?! 重物?!

S:To somewhere near Piccadilly Station. Dropped the package, delivered it, and then...Stopped on his way. He got peckish. 到皮卡迪利站附近,卸下包裹,移交,然后…停下了脚步。他饿了。

S:So you bought your lunch from here en route to the station but where were you headed from? Where did the taxi drop you? 于是你在去地铁站的路上买了午餐,但是你究竟从哪儿来?出租车把你送到了哪里?

W:Oof! Right.对了。

S:Eddie Van Coon brought a package herethe day he died. Whatever was hidden inside that case...I've managed to piece together a picture using scraps of information - credit card bills,receipts. He flew back from China, then he came here.范孔被害当天带着一个包裹来到这里。不管箱子里藏了什么…我已经拼出了一张图,通过信用卡账单-收据等票据提供的信息。他从中国返回后,来到了这里。

W:Sherlock. 夏洛克。

S:Somewhere in this street, somewherenear. I don't know where, but... 就在这条街上,就在附近。我不知道具体位置,但…

W:That shop, over there. 就是那家店铺。

S:How could you tell? 你怎么知道?

W:Lukis' diary. He was here too. He wrote down the address.路基斯在日记里提过,他也曾来此。他记下了地址。

S:Hello. 你好。

Woman C: You want... lucky cat? 买一只招财猫吧?

W:No, thanks, no. 不,谢谢,不用。

Woman C:£10!10 pound! I think your wife, she will like.只要十镑!您夫人一定会喜欢。

W:Um, may be…Sherlock...The label there.不了,谢谢!夏洛克,注意标签。

S:Yes,I see it. 我看到了。

W:It's exactly the same as the cipher. 跟那个记号一模一样。

S:It's an ancient number system. HangZhou. These days only street traders use it. Those were numbers written on the wall at the bank andat the library. Numbers written in an ancient Chinese dialect. 这是古老的记数法。苏州码子。 如今只有街头商贩才会使用。这就是写在银行和图书馆墙上的数字。使用古汉语方言书写的数字。

W:It's a 15. What we thought was the artist's tag, it's a number15.是十五。我们之前以为是涂鸦,其实是数字十五。

S:And the blindfold, the horizontalline. That was a number as well. The Chinese number one,John.画在眼睛上的横线。也是数字。汉子书写的数字一,约翰。

W:We found it. 我们揭开了。

最后编辑于
©著作权归作者所有,转载或内容合作请联系作者
  • 序言:七十年代末,一起剥皮案震惊了整个滨河市,随后出现的几起案子,更是在滨河造成了极大的恐慌,老刑警刘岩,带你破解...
    沈念sama阅读 204,293评论 6 478
  • 序言:滨河连续发生了三起死亡事件,死亡现场离奇诡异,居然都是意外死亡,警方通过查阅死者的电脑和手机,发现死者居然都...
    沈念sama阅读 85,604评论 2 381
  • 文/潘晓璐 我一进店门,熙熙楼的掌柜王于贵愁眉苦脸地迎上来,“玉大人,你说我怎么就摊上这事。” “怎么了?”我有些...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 150,958评论 0 337
  • 文/不坏的土叔 我叫张陵,是天一观的道长。 经常有香客问我,道长,这世上最难降的妖魔是什么? 我笑而不...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 54,729评论 1 277
  • 正文 为了忘掉前任,我火速办了婚礼,结果婚礼上,老公的妹妹穿的比我还像新娘。我一直安慰自己,他们只是感情好,可当我...
    茶点故事阅读 63,719评论 5 366
  • 文/花漫 我一把揭开白布。 她就那样静静地躺着,像睡着了一般。 火红的嫁衣衬着肌肤如雪。 梳的纹丝不乱的头发上,一...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 48,630评论 1 281
  • 那天,我揣着相机与录音,去河边找鬼。 笑死,一个胖子当着我的面吹牛,可吹牛的内容都是我干的。 我是一名探鬼主播,决...
    沈念sama阅读 38,000评论 3 397
  • 文/苍兰香墨 我猛地睁开眼,长吁一口气:“原来是场噩梦啊……” “哼!你这毒妇竟也来了?” 一声冷哼从身侧响起,我...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 36,665评论 0 258
  • 序言:老挝万荣一对情侣失踪,失踪者是张志新(化名)和其女友刘颖,没想到半个月后,有当地人在树林里发现了一具尸体,经...
    沈念sama阅读 40,909评论 1 299
  • 正文 独居荒郊野岭守林人离奇死亡,尸身上长有42处带血的脓包…… 初始之章·张勋 以下内容为张勋视角 年9月15日...
    茶点故事阅读 35,646评论 2 321
  • 正文 我和宋清朗相恋三年,在试婚纱的时候发现自己被绿了。 大学时的朋友给我发了我未婚夫和他白月光在一起吃饭的照片。...
    茶点故事阅读 37,726评论 1 330
  • 序言:一个原本活蹦乱跳的男人离奇死亡,死状恐怖,灵堂内的尸体忽然破棺而出,到底是诈尸还是另有隐情,我是刑警宁泽,带...
    沈念sama阅读 33,400评论 4 321
  • 正文 年R本政府宣布,位于F岛的核电站,受9级特大地震影响,放射性物质发生泄漏。R本人自食恶果不足惜,却给世界环境...
    茶点故事阅读 38,986评论 3 307
  • 文/蒙蒙 一、第九天 我趴在偏房一处隐蔽的房顶上张望。 院中可真热闹,春花似锦、人声如沸。这庄子的主人今日做“春日...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 29,959评论 0 19
  • 文/苍兰香墨 我抬头看了看天上的太阳。三九已至,却和暖如春,着一层夹袄步出监牢的瞬间,已是汗流浃背。 一阵脚步声响...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 31,197评论 1 260
  • 我被黑心中介骗来泰国打工, 没想到刚下飞机就差点儿被人妖公主榨干…… 1. 我叫王不留,地道东北人。 一个月前我还...
    沈念sama阅读 44,996评论 2 349
  • 正文 我出身青楼,却偏偏与公主长得像,于是被迫代替她去往敌国和亲。 传闻我的和亲对象是个残疾皇子,可洞房花烛夜当晚...
    茶点故事阅读 42,481评论 2 342

推荐阅读更多精彩内容