1 .Community service is an important component of education here at our university.
社会服务是我们学校教育的一个非常重要组成部分。
2 .We encourage all students to volunteer for at least one community activity before they graduate.
我们鼓励学生在他们毕业前至少参加一个志愿活动。
3 .A new community program called "One On One" helps elementary students who've fallen behind.
有一个叫“一对一”的新社区项目帮助成绩落后的小学生。
4 .Your education majors might be especially interested in it because it offers the opportunity to do some teaching, that is, tutoring in math and English.
你的教育学专业要特别对此感兴趣因为它提供给你一些助教的机会——指导数学和英语。
5 .You'd have to volunteer two hours a week for one semester.
你每个学期至少一个星期做两个小时的志愿服务。
6 .You can choose to help a child with math, English, or both.
你可以选择帮助一个孩子数学,英语或者两个都帮。
7 .Half-hour lessons are fine, so you could do a half hour of each subject two days a week.
半个小时的课程很好,所以你可以每个科目各半个小时,每星期两天。
8 .Professor Dodge will act as a mentor to the tutors.
Dodge教授会是助教的顾问。
9 .He'll be available to help you with lesson plans or to offer suggestions for activities.
他可以在教学计划上或在活动上给予你建议。
10 .He has office hours every Tuesday and Thursday afternoon.
他每个周二和周四的下午都会在办公室。
11 .You can sign up for the program with him and begin the tutoring next week.
你可以去他那儿报名这个项目,然后下周开始助教。
12 .I'm sure you'll enjoy this community service and you'll gain valuable experience at the same time.
我相信你在享受这个社会服务同时你会得到有价值的经验。
13 .It looks good on your resume, too, showing that you've had experience with children and that you care about your community.
它在你的简历上看起来也不错,展示你对孩子有经验而且关心你的社会。
14 .If you'd like to sign up, or if you have any questions, stop by Professor Dodge's office this week.
如果你想报名,或者你有任何问题,这周去拜访Dodge教授。