场景:central perk 中央咖啡馆
1. 莫妮卡跟de绯闻男友
Monica--there's nothing to tell.he's just some guy i work with!
这没什么好说的,他只是我的同事。
Joey--come on, you're going out with the guy! there's gotta be something wrong with him!
好好说,你都准备跟他出去约会了。这男人一定有什么问题吧?!
gotta=have got to
all right, Joey, be nice.so does he have a hump? a hump and a hairpiece?
好了,Joey,好好说。他驼背么?驼着背,戴着假发?
hump:n.(驼)峰,(人的)驼背;动物背部的隆肉;小土丘,圆岗;[铁路]驼峰调车场
vt.使隆起;使烦恼;扛或背(某物);[粗俗用语][俚语]与(某人)性交
hairpiece:n.假发,假眉毛
wait, does he eat chalk? just 'cause i don't want her to go through what i went through with Carl.
等一下,他吃粉笔么?我只是不想她经历 我和卡尔经历过的事。(重蹈覆辙)
我的翻译就是按照字面,按照语法,从句的顺序直译的,还有影片上的翻译更简洁,也更有文采一点,用了一个成语:重蹈覆辙。所以在双语互相转译的时候,除了要充分的理解字面含义之外,还是要体会文字想要表达的内涵,翻译成最贴合目标语言文化环境的语句。
okay, everybody relax, this is not even a date.it is not, just two people going out to dinner, and not having sex.
好了啦,小伙伴们放松点,这不能算作一次约会,不过就是两个人一起出去吃顿饭,而且不会上床。
sounds like a date to me.
听起来像是跟我约会。
这一段除了hump:驼背 不是很常用之外,几乎没有生词;
在句型的选用上,也是 this is,there be,等简单的句式,整段对话只用了一个从句句型。
莫妮卡有这么一帮朋友真的是非常幸福。又是驼背又是假发,还吃粉笔,虽然朋友们都是刀子嘴,但是都是在给她把关,希望她可以幸福。在爱情里智商为零的人,最好多听听身边朋友的意见,作为参考总是好的。旁观者清,他们能看到你注意不到的地方。
2. 卡尔的梦
alright, so i'm back in high school, i'm standing in the middle of the cafeteria, and i realize i an totally naked.
于是,我回到高中,站在食堂中间,然后我发现自己裸着全身。
oh, yeah, had that dream.
奥,(我也)做过那样的梦。
then i look down, and i realize there's a phone, there...
然后我往下看,我发现有一部电话,在那里。。。
instead of...?
那里变成了。。。?
that's right.
没错。
never had that dream.
这种梦从来没做过。
all of a sudden, the phone starts to ring.what do i do? everyone starts looking at me.
突然,电话响了。我该怎么办?所有人都开始看着我。
they weren't looking at you before?
他们之前没有看着你么?
finally, i figure i'd better answer it. and it turns out it's my mother, which is very-very weird because she never calls me!
最后,我觉得我最好接一下电话。结果电话是我妈打来的,这非常非常奇怪,因为她从来不会给我打电话。
看,这一个梦境也只有一个长句,没有生词。
3. 被甩的Ross。
hi.
嘿。
this guy says hello, i wanna kill myself.
这家伙一张嘴打招呼,我就想自杀。
are you okay, sweetie?
你还还么,亲爱的?
i just feel like someone reached down my throat grabbed my small intestine, pulled it out of my mouth and tied it around my neck...
我感觉有人把手伸进我的喉咙,抓住我的小肠,从嘴里扯出来,缠在我的脖子上。
cookie?
饼干吃么?
Carol moved her stuff out today. let me get you some coffee.
卡罗尔今天把她的东西搬走了。我给你冲杯咖啡吧。
thanks.no, no, don't! stop cleaning my aura! no, just leave my aura alone,okay?
谢了。不要,不要。不要净化我的灵气的。拜托,让我的灵气留着好么?(别碰我的灵气)
aura:n.光环;气氛;气味;[医](中风等的)预兆
fine, bemarking.
好,留着吧。(就这样让霉运罩着你吧。)
i'll be fine, alright? really, everyone. i hope she'll be very happy.
我会没事的,好么。真的,各位,我希望她可以幸福。
no, you don't.
不,你不会的。
no, i don't. to hell with her, she left me.
不,我会的。去她大爷的,是她甩了我。
and you never knew she was a lesbian...
你又不知道她是拉拉...
no!!!okay.
不知道,好了吧!!!
why does everyone keep fixating on that? she didn't know, how should i know?
为什么所有人都抓着这个点不放?她也不知道!我怎么会知道?
fixating:V. 注视;视线移向;使固定
sometimes i wish i was a lesbian...did i say that out loud?
有时候,我希望自己是个拉拉...我大声说出来了么?
i told mom and dad last night, they took it pretty well.
我昨晚告诉我爸妈了,他们还算接受。
oh, really? so that hysterical phone call i got from a woman at sobbing 3:00 A.M, "i'll never have grandchildren,i'll never have grandchildren." was what? a wrong number?
哦,真的么?那昨晚半夜三点,我接到的那个歇斯底里的电话,里面喊着“我不会有孙子了,我不会有孙子了”,是怎么回事?打错了么?
hysterical:adj. 癔病性;歇斯底里般的;癔病的;情绪异常激动的
sobbing:adj.<主方>湿透的 v.哭泣,啜泣( sob的现在分词 );哭诉,呜咽地说
sorry.
抱歉。
you're feeling a lot of pain right now. you're angry. you're hurting. can i tell you what the answer is? strip joint! come on, you're single.have some hormones.
你现在肯定感觉很痛苦,很生气,很受伤,我能给你出个主意么?脱衣舞俱乐部。拜托,你是单身,拿出来点激情~
hormone:<生化>(刺激生长的)荷尔蒙,激素( hormone的名词复数 )
i don't want to be single,okay? i just...i just wanna be married again!
我并不想单身好么?我...我想再次结婚。
and i just want a million dollars!
我只想要一百万美金。
4. 落跑新娘de独白
i just went to your building and you weren't there. and then this guy with a big hammer said you might be here. and you are, you are!
我刚才去了你的住处,但是你不在。然后有个拿着大锤子的人跟我说你可能在这,你真的在这。
can i get you some coffee?
需要一杯咖啡么?
de-caff.
不含咖啡因的。
okay, everybody, this is rachel, anther Lincoln High survivor. this is everybody, this is Chandler, and Phoebe, and Joey, and you remember my brother Ross?
好了各位,这是瑞秋。林肯高中的幸存者(意思在搞笑地说林肯高中的学生很难活着毕业,一般情况下在学校读书时候就被老师折磨死了)。这就是各位啦,这是钱德勒,这是菲比,乔伊,还记得我哥哥罗斯么?
so you wanna tell us now or are we waiting for four wet bridesmaids.
所以,你准备现在告诉我们,还是等一下四个湿漉漉的伴娘。
it started about a half hour before the wedding, i was in the room where we were keeping all the presents, and i was looking at this gravy boat. this really gorgeous Limoges gravy boat. when all of a sudden, i realized that i was more turned on by this gravy boat than by Barry! and then a got really freaked out, and that's when it hit me: how much Barry looks like Mr.Potato Head. you know i mean, i always knew looked familiar, but...anyway, i just had to get out of there, and a started wondering "why am i doing this, and who am i doing this for?" so any way i just didn't know where to go, and i know that you and i have kinda drifted apart, but you're the only person i knew who lived here in the city.
婚礼前的半个小时,我在我们放礼物的房间里,我看见了调料瓶。这是一个非常华丽的法国瓷器。all of a sudden 昨天写过,是突然的意思。突然,我发现,打开这个调料瓶对我来说比巴瑞更吸引我(more~~ than~~)。我真的吓坏了,我突然想到,巴瑞长得很像薯头先生。你懂我的意思,我只觉得他看着眼熟,只是...总之,我必须离开那,我开始想,“为什么我要这样?我这么做究竟是为了谁?”总而言之,我也不知道我能去哪,我知道我和你之间有点点疏远了,但是你是我在这个城市里唯一认识的人。
kinda: adv.有一点,有几分
drifted: v.漂泊;漂( drift的过去式和过去分词 );吹积;浮现
gravy boat: n.调味汁瓶,酱油壶,上肉汁用的船形盘
gorgeous:adj.华丽的,艳丽的;极好的,称心的;美丽动人的,光彩夺目的;令人愉快的,令人享受的
freaked out:吓坏了;吓坏了的
who wasn't invited to the wedding.
还没有被邀请参加婚礼...
o, i was kinda hoping that wouldn't be an issue.
噢,我希望这不是个问题。
在咖啡馆介绍朋友认识的时候,就是用的this is 的小短句。
唯一有两个长一点的句子,就是瑞秋的那一长段独白。虽然长,但是写下来读出来,仔细看看,还是蛮好理解的。so easy.
all of a sudden 和 gravy boat 频繁出现,所以应该混到脸熟了。
ok,下次在继续。