唐顿庄园第1季第1集台词
| 英文 | 中文 |
|---|---|
| Oh, my God. | 上帝啊 |
| That's impossible. | 这不可能 |
| I'll take it up there now. | 我这就送去 |
| Don't be stupid. | 别傻了 |
| None of them will be up for hours. What difference will it make? | 等他们起床还早呢不差这一会儿 |
| Jimmy will do it when he comes in. | 吉米来了自会去送 |
| Six o'clock! | 六点了 |
| Thank you, Daisy. | 谢谢黛西 |
| Anna. | 安娜 |
| Just for once in my life | 哪怕这辈子只有一次 |
| I'd like to sleep until I woke up natural. | 我真想睡到自然醒 |
| Is your fire still in? | 炉火还旺吗 |
| Yes, Mrs Patmore. | 是的帕特莫太太 |
| Oh, my, my, will wonders never cease? | 还真是不可思议啊 |
| Have you laid the servant's hall breakfast? | 仆人们的早餐摆好了吗 |
| Yes, Mrs Patmore. | 好了帕特莫太太 |
| And finished blacking that stove? | 炉子擦亮了吗 |
| Yes, Mrs Patmore. | 是的帕特莫太太 |
| What about the bedroom fires? | 卧室的炉火呢 |
| All lit, Mrs Patmore. | 都生好了帕特莫太太 |
| Right, well, take your things | 好的带上家什 |
| and get started on the fires on the ground floor. | 去把底楼的火也生了 |
| Now, hurry up. | 动作快点 |
| 查看完整请点击 | |
| - Any sign of William? - No. | -见着威廉了吗-没有 |
| - Where have you been? - I'm not late, am I? | -你上哪儿去了-我没迟到吧 |
| You're late when I say you're late. | 我说你迟了就是迟了 |
| Daisy, whatever are you doing there, | 黛西你蜷在那儿做什么 |
| crouching in the dark? | 黑灯瞎火的 |
| You weren't here and I didn't like to touch | 你不在我也不想用 |
| the curtains with me dirty hands. | 脏手去拉窗帘 |
| Well, quite right, too. | 说得没错 |
| - Why didn't you put the lights on? - I daren't. | -你怎么不开灯-我不敢 |
| Well, it's electricity and not the devil's handiwork. | 电又不是什么牛鬼蛇神 |
| You'll have to get used to it sooner or later. | 你早晚都得习惯的 |
| At Skelton Park, they've even got it in the kitchens. | 人家斯凯尔顿庄园连厨房都通上电了 |
| What for? | 为什么呀 |
| Yes, Mrs Patmore. | 好的帕特莫太太 |
| Breakfast is ready, Mr Carson. | 早膳已备好卡森先生 |
| Ah, William, any papers yet? | 威廉报纸送来了吗 |
| - They're late. - They certainly are. | -送报员迟到了-见怪不怪 |
| Get the board out so you can do them as soon as they're here. | 把板子准备好报纸一来就可以熨了 |
| Is the library tidy? | 书房收拾妥当了吗 |
| Yes, Mrs Hughes. | 收拾好了休斯太太 |
| Good. I want the dining room given a proper going over today. | 很好今天要彻底打扫餐厅 |
| You can do it when they've finished their breakfast. | 他们用完早餐你们就开始 |
| Oh, heavens, girl! | 天哪傻丫头 |
| You're building a fire, not inventing it. | 你是要生火又不是钻木取火 |
| How many have you done? | 还剩几个了 |
| This is me last till they come downstairs. | 主人下楼前最后一个了 |
| Very well. | 很好 |
| Now, get back down to the kitchens before anyone sees you. | 赶紧回厨房免得被人瞧见 |
| - And they're off. - No rest for the wicked. | -他们起来了-片刻不得消停 |
| Lady Mary. Are the tea trays ready? | 是玛丽小姐茶盘备好了吗 |
| All ready, Mrs Patmore. | 都准备好了帕特莫太太 |
| If the water's boiled. | 就等水开了 |
| Could you give us a hand to take the other two up? | 你能帮忙把另两个端上去吗 |
| I've got her ladyship's to carry. | 我还要服侍夫人呢 |
| - I'll help. - Back door. | -我来吧-后门有人 |
| The papers, at last. William! | 报纸终于来了威廉 |
| - You're late. - Yeah, I know, but... | -你迟到了-是我知道但是 |
| - But what? - You'll see. | -但是什么-你看了就知道了 |
| Do The Times first, he only reads that at breakfast. | 先熨《泰晤士报》他早餐时只读这份 |
| And the Sketch for her ladyship. | 再是夫人的《每日见闻报》 |
| You can manage the others later, if need be. | 其他的等会儿再说如果需要的话 |
| - Why are their papers ironed? - What's it to you? | -为什么还要熨报纸-关你什么事 |
| To dry the ink, silly. | 为了让油墨干透傻丫头 |
| We wouldn't want his lordship's hands to be as black as yours. | 怎能让老爷的手弄得和你一样脏呢 |
| Mr Carson, I think you ought to see this. | 卡森先生我想你得看看这个 |
| - I can't make myself believe it. - Me neither. | -简直不敢相信-我也是 |
| - His lordship's dressed. - William! | -老爷更衣完毕-威廉 |
| Will you stop talking and take this kedgeree up. | 别聊天了把这盘鱼蛋烩饭端上去 |
| And mind the burners are still lit. | 小心下面还烧着火呢 |
| Yes, Mrs Patmore. | 好的帕特莫太太 |
| - Is it really true? - Afraid so. | -这是真的吗-恐怕是的 |
| Nothing in life is sure. | 世事无常啊 |
| Good morning, Carson. | 早安卡森 |
| Good morning, my lord. | 早安老爷 |
| Is it true what they're saying? | 他们所言当真 |
| I believe so, my lord. | 我想是的老爷 |
| I'm afraid we'll know some people on it. | 恐怕船上还有我们认识的人 |
| I don't suppose there are any lists of survivors yet? | 幸存者的名单还没公布吧 |
| I understand most of the ladies were taken off in time. | 据我所知大多数女士被及时救出了 |
| You mean the ladies in first class? | 你是说头等舱的女宾吧 |
| God help the poor devils below decks. | 上帝保佑那些下等舱的可怜人儿 |
| On their way to a better life. | 死后能得以超度 |
| What a tragedy. | 真是灭顶之灾啊 |
| When Anna told me, | 安娜告诉我的时候 |
| I thought she must have dreamt it. | 我还以为她说梦话呢 |
| Do we know anyone on board? | 船上有熟人吗 |
| Your mother knows the Astors, at least she knows him. | 你妈妈认识阿斯特一家至少认识他本人 |
| We dined with Lady Rothes last month. | 我们上个月还和罗斯小姐共进晚餐 |
| There are bound to be others. | 势必还有其他熟人 |
| I thought it was supposed to be unsinkable. | 我以为它永不沉没呢 |
| Every mountain is unclimbable until someone climbs it, | 没有高不可攀的山峰 |
| so every ship is unsinkable until it sinks. | 也没有永不翻沉的船 |
| - Good morning, Papa. - Good morning. What's that? | -早安爸爸-早那是什么 |
| Just arrived. Telegram. | 刚到的电报 |
| - Is her ladyship awake? - Yes, my lord. | -夫人醒了吗-醒了老爷 |
| - I'm just going to take in her breakfast. - Thank you. | -我这就去把早餐端来-谢了 |
| Hello. | 谁啊 |
| May I come in? | 我能进来吗 |
| Isn't this terrible? | 简直太不幸了 |
| When you think how excited Lucy Rothes was at the prospect. | 一想起露西·罗斯出发有多兴奋 |
| It's too awful for any words. | 真是惨到无以言表 |
| Did J.J. Astor get off? | 阿斯特逃过一劫了吗 |
| Of course that new wife of his is bound to have been rescued. | 他的新婚妻子肯定获救了 |
| I've had a telegram from George Murray. | 我收到了乔治·莫里发来的电报 |
| - One of his partners is in New York. - Yes? | -他有位合伙人在纽约-怎么了 |
| It seems James and Patrick were on board. | 詹姆斯和帕特里克好像也在船上 |
| What? They can't have been. They weren't going over until May. | 什么怎么可能他们要五月才出发 |
| Then they changed their plans. | 那就是计划有变 |
| They're on the passenger list. | 他们的确在乘客名单上 |
| Thank you, O'Brien. That'll be all for the moment. | 谢谢奥布瑞恩先就这样吧 |
| But surely they were picked up? | 但他们肯定获救了吧 |
| - Doesn't look like it. - What? | -不尽其然-什么 |
| Neither of them? | 一个都没救上来吗 |
| You must tell Mary. | 你得告诉玛丽 |
| She can't hear about it from anyone else. | 只有你亲口告诉她才行 |
| Neither of them were picked up, that's what he said. | 两个都没被救上来他是这么说的 |
| Mr Crawley and Mr Patrick? | 卡劳利先生和帕特里克少爷吗 |
| That's what he said. | 他是这么说的 |
| Her ladyship was the colour of this cloth. | 夫人惊得面色煞白 |
| Well, it's a terrible shame if it's true. | 如果真是这样那就太可惜了 |
| It's worse than a shame, it's a complication. | 怎一个可惜了得这下麻烦大了 |
| - What do you mean? - What do you think? | -此话怎讲-你说呢 |
| Mr Crawley was his lordship's cousin | 卡劳利先生是老爷的堂兄 |
| and heir to the title. | 也是爵位继承人 |
| I thought Lady Mary was the heir. | 我以为玛丽小姐才是继承人 |
| She's a girl, stupid. | 她是个女孩傻丫头 |
| Girls can't inherit. | 女孩不能做继承人 |
| But now Mr Crawley's dead | 但现在卡劳利先生已故 |
| and Mr Patrick was his only son. | 而帕特里克少爷又是他的独子 |
| - So, what happens next? - It's a dreadful thing. | -这下如何是好-真是太可怕了 |
| Hello. | 您好 |
| I've been waiting at the back door. I knocked, but no one came. | 我一直等在后门却一直没人应门 |
| So you pushed in? | 那你就推门而入了 |
| I'm John Bates, the new valet. | 我叫约翰·贝茨是新来的男仆 |
| - The new valet? - That's right. | -新来的男仆-没错 |
| - You're early. - Came on the milk train. | -你来得真早-搭清晨的车过来的 |
| Thought I'd use the day to get to know the place, start tonight. | 想用白天的时间熟悉环境今晚上任 |
| I'm Anna, the head housemaid. | 我是安娜女仆领班 |
| How do you do? | 您好 |
| And I'm Miss O'Brien, her ladyship's maid. | 我是奥布瑞恩小姐夫人的贴身侍女 |
| You better come along with us. | 随我们来 |
| But how can you manage? | 但你要怎么应付得过来 |
| Don't worry about that, I can manage. | 不必担心我自能应对 |
| - Because we've all got our own work to do. - I can manage. | -我们可都有活在身-我能行 |
| All right, Mrs Hughes, | 好了休斯太太 |
| I'll take over. Thank you. | 我来负责这里谢谢 |
| Good morning, Mr Bates. Welcome. | 早上好贝茨先生欢迎 |
| - I hope your journey was satisfactory. - It was fine. Thank you. | -愿你旅途一切顺利-顺利谢谢 |
| I am the butler of Downton. My name is Carson. | 我是唐顿庄园的管家我叫卡森 |
| 查看完整请点击 | |
| How do you do, Mr Carson? | 您好卡森先生 |
| This is Thomas, first footman. | 这位是托马斯第一男仆 |
| He's been looking after his lordship | 自沃特森先生走后老爷的起居 |
| since Mr Watson left. | 一直由他负责 |
| It'll be a relief to get back to normal, won't it, Thomas? | 这下终于能回归正轨了对吧托马斯 |
| I assume that everything is ready for Mr Bates' arrival? | 贝茨先生的房间都安排妥当了吧 |
| I've put him in Mr Watson's old room. | 就安排在原来沃特森先生的住处 |
| Though he left it in quite a state, I can tell you. | 虽然他走的时候屋里一片狼藉 |
| But what about all them stairs? | 可那么多台阶怎么办 |
| - I keep telling you, I can manage. - Of course you can. | -我都说了我能行-当然 |
| Thomas, take Mr Bates to his room, | 托马斯领贝茨先生入住 |
| show him where he'll be working. | 带他去看看工作的地方 |
| Thank you, everyone. | 多谢各位 |
| Well, I can't see that lasting long. | 我可不觉得这长久得了 |
| Thank you, Miss O'Brien. | 行了奥布瑞恩小姐 |
| Oh, yes. | 好极了 |
| I should be comfortable here. | 我在这里会住得很舒服 |
| Does this mean I'll have to go into full mourning? | 难道是说我必须戴重孝吗 |
| My first cousin and his son are almost certainly dead. | 我的堂兄和侄子几乎已确定遇难 |
| We'll all be in mourning. | 我们全家都得服丧 |
| No, I mean with the other thing. | 不我是说那件事 |
| After all, it wasn't official. | 毕竟没有正式订婚 |
| If you're saying you do not wish to | 若你不想以未婚妻的身份 |
| mourn Patrick as a fiance, that is up to you. | 为帕特里克戴孝那就随你吧 |
| Well, no one knew about it outside the family. | 反正只有家里人知道 |
| I repeat, it is up to you. | 我说了你自己决定 |
| Well, that's a relief. | 这样我就放心了 |
| There's some cedar-lined cupboards in the attic | 阁楼上有几个内衬雪松木的衣柜 |
| for things that aren't often worn, | 摆放不常穿着的服装 |
| travelling clothes and such. | 以及旅行装束等 |
| Mr Watson used them to rotate the summer and winter stuff. | 沃特森先生把换季衣物都收在那里 |
| I'll show you later. | 迟些带你去看 |
| What about studs and links? | 饰纽和链扣如何挑选 |
| Do I choose them or does he? | 由我定还是他定 |
| Lay them out unless he asks for something in particular. | 没有特别交代就呈给他挑选 |
| These for a ball, | 这些是舞会用的 |
| these for an ordinary dinner, | 家常便餐时用这些 |
| these only in London. | 这些只在伦敦用 |
| - I'll get the hang of it.- Yeah, you'll have to. | -我会记清楚的-是的你必须记住 |
| Snuff boxes, he collects them. | 鼻烟壶他收集的 |
| Beautiful. | 精美 |
| - Funny our job, isn't it?- What do you mean? | -你我这份工作真是滑稽-怎么说 |
| The way we live with all this pirate's hoard within our reach. | 奇珍异宝触手可及 |
| But none of it's ours, is it? | 可没有一件属于我们不是吗 |
| No, none of it's ours. | 是的不属于我们 |
| I can't believe I've been passed over for Long John Silver. | 我竟被个跛脚的强盗抢了职位 |
| You should have spoken up when you had the chance. | 上次有机会这话你就该直接挑明 |
| Don't make the same mistake next time. | 下次别再犯同样的错 |
| Who says there'll be a next time? | 谁知还会不会有下次 |
| Is this a public holiday no one's told me of ? | 莫非今天休假他们忘了通知我 |
| She was certainly reluctant to go into mourning. | 她显然是不愿意服丧 |
| Well, she'll have to. We all will. | 她会的我们都要服丧 |
| O'Brien's sorting out my black now. | 奥布瑞恩在为我整理黑色丧服 |
| And I've told Anna to see | 我已经让安娜去看看 |
| what the girls have that still fits. | 女儿们有什么合适的衣服 |
| Of course, this alters everything. | 这桩意外改变了一切 |
| You won't try to deny it. | 这一点不容你否认 |
| You must challenge the entail now, surely. | 毫无疑问你必须争取改变限定继承权 |
| Can't we at least wait until we know they're dead | 就不能等确定他们遇难了 |
| before we discuss it? | 再讨论这件事 |
| Don't talk as if I'm not brokenhearted, because I am. | 别说得好像我铁石心肠一样我也很伤心 |
| Of course, I've never understood why this estate must go | 可我没法理解为何这份产业只能 |
| to whomever inherits your title. | 由继承你爵位的人接管 |
| My dear, I don't make the law. What is it? | 亲爱的法律并非由我制定什么事 |
| The Dowager Countess is in the drawing room. | 老夫人到了在客厅里 |
| - I'll come now.- She asked for Lady Grantham. | -我马上来-她要见夫人 |
| I wonder what I've done wrong this time. | 不知这次我又做错了什么 |
| Oh. And the new valet has arrived, my lord. | 另外新男仆已到任老爷 |
| Has he? Thank you, Carson. | 是吗谢谢卡森 |
| What is it? | 还有什么事 |
| I'm not entirely sure that he'll prove equal to the task. | 我不太确定他能否胜任这份工作 |
| But your lordship will be the judge of that. | 但这由老爷您决定 |
| Better go. | 我先过去了 |
| Tell her about James and Patrick. | 告诉她詹姆斯和帕特里克的噩耗 |
| She won't have heard. | 她应该还不知道 |
| Of course I've heard. Why else would I be here? | 我当然已经得知否则何必匆匆赶来 |
| Robert didn't want you to | 罗伯特不想让您 |
| read about it in the newspaper and be upset. | 因报纸上的消息而哀伤过度 |
| He flatters me. | 他多虑了 |
| I'm tougher than I look. | 我没那么多愁善感 |
| I'm very sorry about poor Patrick, of course. | 当然了我为可怜的帕特里克感到难过 |
| - He was a nice boy.- We were all so fond of him. | -他是个好孩子-我们都很喜欢这孩子 |
| But I never cared for James. | 可我一直不喜欢詹姆斯 |
| He was too like his mother | 他像极了他母亲 |
| and a nastier woman never drew breath. | 一刻也不让人安生 |
| - Will you stay for some luncheon?- Thank you. | -您留下用午餐吗-谢谢 |
| - I'll let Carson know.- I've already told him. | -我去通知卡森-我已经跟他说了 |
| Shall we sit down? | 能坐下说话了吗 |
| Do you know the new heir? | 你知道新继承人吗 |
| Only that there is one. | 只听说是有一位 |
| He's Robert's third cousin, once removed. | 他是罗伯特的远房堂侄 |
| I have never to my knowledge set eyes on him. | 我记得我从没见过他 |
| Of course, if your late husband hadn't | 可要不是已故的老伯爵 |
| forced me to sign that absurd act of legal theft... | 逼着我签字侵吞我的财产 |
| My dear, I didn't come here to fight. | 亲爱的我来此并非为了争执 |
| Lord Grantham wanted to protect the estate. | 格兰瑟姆老伯爵只想保护这份家业 |
| It never occurred to him that you wouldn't have a son. | 他从未料想到你没生下子嗣 |
| - Well, I didn't.- No, you did not. | -我是没有-是啊你没有 |
| But when Patrick had married Mary | 但如果帕特里克能够迎娶玛丽 |
| and your grandson been hailed as master, | 你的外孙将来会成为一家之主 |
| honour would have been satisfied. | 家族也不失体面 |
| Unfortunately, now... | 可不幸的是现在 |
| Now, a complete unknown has the right to pocket my money | 现在一个陌生人将有权处置我的财产 |
| along with the rest of the swag. | 还有这份家业 |
| The problem is, saving your dowry would break up the estate. | 问题是保住你的嫁妆庄园就会破产 |
| It would be the ruin of everything Robert's given his life to. | 那会毁掉罗伯特这辈子苦心经营的一切 |
| - And he knows this?- Well, if he doesn't, he will. | -他也明白这点吗-总会明白的 |
| Then there's no answer. | 那就是两难境地 |
| Yes, there is, and it's a simple one. | 不还有一条出路相当简单 |
| The entail must be smashed in its entirety | 彻底打破对继承权的限制 |
| and Mary recognised as heiress of all. | 让玛丽成为继承人 |
| - There's nothing we can do about the title.- No. | -可我们没法保住爵位-是啊 |
| She can't have the title, but she can have your money. | 她不能继承爵位但至少能保住你的财产 |
| And the estate. | 还有庄园 |
| I didn't run Downton for 30 years | 我经营唐顿庄园30年 |
| to see it go lock, stock | 不能眼看着它 |
| and barrel to a stranger from God knows where. | 落入一个不知哪里冒出来的陌生人手中 |
| Are we to be friends, then? | 这么说我们将成为朋友 |
| We are allies, my dear, | 不如说是同盟亲爱的 |
| which can be a good deal more effective. | 同盟办事效率更高 |
| Downton is a great house, Mr Bates. | 唐顿是一所了不起的庄园贝茨先生 |
| And the Crawleys are a great family. | 卡劳利同样也是了不起的家族 |
| We live by certain standards | 我们日常起居有规有矩 |
| and those standards can at first seem daunting. | 这些规矩起初令人望而生畏 |
| Of course. | 应该的 |
| If you find yourself tongue-tied in the presence of his lordship, | 如果你面见大人时感到拘谨不安 |
| I can only assure you that his manners and grace | 那么他的礼仪和风范 |
| will soon help you to | 会帮助你 |
| perform your duties to the best of your ability. | 很快地进入角色 |
| I know. | 我明白 |
| Bates, my dear fellow. | 贝茨我的老朋友 |
| I do apologise, | 非常抱歉 |
| I should have realised you'd all be at luncheon. | 我应该想到你们正在用午餐 |
| Not at all, my lord. | 没关系老爷 |
| Please, sit. Sit, everyone. | 请坐下吧大家请坐 |
| I just want to say a quick hello to my old comrade in arms. | 我只想来跟老战友打个招呼 |
| Bates, my dear man, welcome to Downton. | 贝茨我的兄弟欢迎来到唐顿 |
| Thank you, sir. | 谢谢长官 |
| I'm so sorry to have disturbed you all. Please forgive me. | 很抱歉打扰各位请原谅 |
| You never asked. | 你们没问起 |
| Thomas, take that up. | 托马斯把那盘端上去 |
| Leave it, Daisy! He's a grown man. | 别管他黛西他是个大小伙子 |
| I suppose he can lift a meat pie. | 一盘肉饼总能端得动 |
| Now, put that apple tart in the lower oven. | 去把苹果馅饼放进烤箱下层 |
| Oh, and take that away. | 快把那个端走 |
| Mr Lynch shouldn't have left it there. | 林奇先生不该把它摆在这里 |
| - What is it?- Salt of Sorrel. | -这是什么-草酸氢钾 |
| I asked him for some to clean the brass pots. | 我要来擦铜壶用的 |
| So, put it somewhere careful. It's poison. | 找个地方小心放着那东西可有毒 |
| Seems like a lot of food | 食物准备得也太多了吧 |
| when you think they're all in mourning. | 他们可是正在服丧 |
| Nothing makes you hungrier or more tired than grief. | 哀伤总是让人又饿又累 |
| When my sister died, God rest her soul, | 我姐姐走的时候愿她安息 |
| I ate my way through four platefuls of sandwiches at one sitting | 我一口气吃了四盘三明治 |
| and slept round the clock. | 然后睡了整整12个小时 |
| Did it make you feel better? | 那之后你感觉好些吗 |
| Not much, but it passed the time. | 没什么用可总能打发时间 |
| Oh, my Lord! | 我的天哪 |
| What was this chopped egg supposed to be sprinkled on? | 这些碎鸡蛋本来要撒在哪里来着 |
| Was it the chicken? | 是不是那盘鸡肉 |
| It was. Take it upstairs now. | 没错赶紧送楼上去 |
| - I can't go in the dining room.- I should think not. | -可我不能进餐厅-我当然知道 |
| Find Thomas or William and tell them what to do. | 让托马斯或者威廉去告诉他们怎么弄 |
| And for heaven's sake get a move on, girl, | 倒是赶紧去啊姑娘 |
| before they get back from church. | 一会儿他们就从教堂回来了 |
| Well, we've given them a memorial in London | 我们在伦敦和这里 |
| and a memorial here. | 分别开了追思会 |
| I prefer memorials to funerals, they're less dispiriting. | 比葬礼好没这么伤感 |
| We could hardly have held a funeral without the bodies. | 没有遗体我们没办法举行葬礼 |
| I gather they're putting up a stone | 我看他们会建一座纪念碑 |
| to mark those whose bodies were never found. | 纪念那些长眠海底的人 |
| In fact, I hear the Canadians | 事实上我听说加拿大人 |
| are making quite a thing at the Titanic cemetery. | 建了泰坦尼克号公墓 |
| I'm surprised at the number they found. | 想不到他们能找回这么多遗骸 |
| You'd think the sea would've taken more of them. | 本以为更多遇难者将安眠大海深处 |
| So, Murray, what have you to tell me | 莫里关于那位 |
| about the lucky Mr Crawley? | 幸运的卡劳利家成员有什么消息 |
| Nothing too terrible, I hope. | 希望不算太糟 |
| I've only made a few inquiries, | 我只做了一点调查 |
| but no, there's not much to alarm you. | 不过没有什么需要您担心的 |
| Matthew Crawley is a solicitor | 马修·卡劳利是一名律师 |
| based in Manchester. | 在曼彻斯特工作 |
| Manchester? | 曼彻斯特 |
| His special field is company law. | 他的专长是公司法 |
| His mother is alive and he lives with her. | 母亲健在和他住在一起 |
| His father obviously is not. He was a doctor. | 父亲已过世生前是医生 |
| I know. | 我知道了 |
| It does seem odd | 这真够古怪的 |
| that my third cousin should be a doctor. | 我的远房堂兄竟做了医生 |
| There are worse professions. | 医生也差不到哪里去 |
| Indeed. | 的确如此 |
| Do me a favour. | 帮个忙 |
| This is supposed to be sprinkled on the chicken. | 这个应该撒在鸡肉上 |
| But isn't there more to go up? | 不是还有菜要端吗 |
| Oh, please, it won't take a moment. | 求你了用不了几分钟 |
| - Go on then, give it here.- Okay. | -好吧交给我-好的 |
| We ought to talk about the business of the entail. | 我们该谈谈限定继承权的事情 |
| As you know, on your death, | 如你所知你百年之后 |
| the heir to the title inherits everything, | 承袭爵位者将继承这一切 |
| except for the sums set aside for your daughters and your widow. | 除了留给孤儿寡母的那点遗产 |
| Yes. | 是的 |
| Owing to the terms of her settlement, | 根据夫人的婚姻协议 |
| this will include the bulk of your wife's fortune. | 这也包括她的那部分财产 |
| It has been our sole topic of conversation | 沉船之后这成了我们 |
| since the day the ship went down. | 唯一的话题 |
| Of course it must seem horribly unjust to Lady Grantham, | 尽管对格兰瑟姆夫人非常不公 |
| but that is how the law stands. | 可法律规定如此 |
| Is there really no way to detach her money from the estate? | 真没有办法帮她留份财产吗 |
| Even to me, it seems absurd. | 连我都觉得这很荒谬 |
| Your father tied the knots pretty tight. | 令尊坚持要这么做 |
| I'd say it's unbreakable. | 没有余地变通 |
| I see. | 我懂了 |
| Really, Edith, do you have to put on such an exhibition? | 伊迪丝何必这么入戏呢 |
| She's not. | 她是真伤心 |
| I was supposed to be engaged to him, for heaven's sake, not you. | 要和他订婚的不是你是我 |
| And I can control myself. | 我都没这么失态 |
| Then you should be ashamed. | 那你就该羞愧 |
| Oh, and don't tell me you've not sent up the egg yet. | 这碗蛋怎么还没送上去 |
| Oh, God, help me! Please, God, help me! | 噢上帝帮帮我求你了帮帮我 |
| Well, what on earth's the matter? | 怎么回事 |
| Just run upstairs to the dining room and find William. | 赶快去楼上餐厅找威廉 |
| - I beg you.- I can't do that now. | -求你了-我现在没空 |
| You've got to. | 求你帮帮忙 |
| - I'll be hanged if you don't.- What? | -不然我死定了-什么 |
| Daisy, is that you? | 黛西是你吗 |
| Is it the chicken in a sauce | 是洒在鸡肉沙拉上 |
| or the plain chicken with sliced oranges? | 还是橘片白切鸡上 |
| Oh, thank you, blessed and merciful Lord! Thank you. | 感谢万能慈悲的主谢谢你 |
| It's the chicken in the sauce. | 洒在鸡丝沙拉上 |
| I'll never do anything sinful again, I swear it. Not till I die. | 我以后要多做善事我发誓 |
| Mr Murray, how lovely to see you. Do come in. | 莫里先生幸会快请进 |
| You're very kind, Lady Grantham, | 多谢盛情格兰瑟姆夫人 |
| but I must get back to London. | 但我要赶回伦敦 |
| But you'll stay for luncheon? | 不留下吃午饭了吗 |
| Thank you, but no, I'll eat on the train. | 没这个福气了我在火车上吃 |
| In fact, if you'd be so good | 可否劳驾您 |
| as to ask for the motor be brought round? | 派车送我过去 |
| But didn't you want the afternoon to talk things through? | 下午不再谈谈了吗 |
| I think we've said everything we have to say, | 已经谈得差不多了 |
| haven't we, my lord? | 您说对吗阁下 |
| For the time being, yes. | 目前是差不多了 |
| Thank you, Murray. | 谢谢你莫里 |
| You've given me a good deal to think about. | 你的建议我会考虑 |
| Mary, try to get everyone into the dining room. | 玛丽请大家进餐厅 |
| Edith, make sure old Lord Minterne sits down. | 伊迪丝请敏特里老爷坐下 |
| - They've all gone?- They have, thank the Lord. | -都走了吗-感谢上帝都走了 |
| - Oh, what about the lawyer?- Oh, he was the first away. | -律师呢-他头一个走 |
| Didn't even stay for the luncheon. | 连午饭都没吃 |
| I wish they'd make their minds up. | 怎么不早说呢 |
| Gwen's put clean sheets on the Blue Room bed. | 格温连蓝屋的床单都铺了 |
| Now she'll just have to strip it again. | 现在又得收起来 |
| Can't you leave it for the next guest? | 留给以后的客人不行吗 |
| Well, only if you don't tell. | 除非你不告状 |
| So, has it all been settled? | 尘埃落定了吗 |
| No. I don't know if anything's been settled. | 哪儿都没落定呢 |
| There's a fellow in Manchester with claims to the title, | 曼城确实有位继承人 |
| I gather, but it's all a long way from settled. | 但离确定还早着呢 |
| You mustn't take it personally. | 你可别往心里去 |
| No, I do take it personally, Mrs. Hughes. | 不我确实很担心休斯太太 |
| I can't stand by and watch our family | 我不忍心眼睁睁 |
| threatened with a loss of all they hold dear. | 看着亲人无端失去财产 |
| They are not our family. | 他们不算我们亲人吧 |
| Well, they're all the family I've got. | 他们是我唯一的亲人 |
| I beg your pardon. | 抱歉我失态了 |
| Do you ever wish you'd gone another way? | 你可曾想过另一种生活吗 |
| Worked in a shop or a factory? | 开店做工 |
| Had a wife and children? | 娶妻生子吗 |
| Do you? | 你后悔吗 |
| I don't know. Maybe. | 不知道可能有点 |
| Sometimes. | 有时候挺后悔 |
| William's laid tea in the library, | 威廉在书房摆好茶了 |
| but Her Ladyship hasn't come down. | 但夫人还没下楼 |
| Oh, she'll be tired. Take a tray up to her bedroom. | 她累了端上去送进房吧 |
| - Is Thomas back? - Not yet, Mr. Carson. | -托马斯回来了吗-还没有卡森先生 |
| He asked if he could run down the village, | 他请了假去村里逛逛 |
| I didn't see why not. | 我何必拦着 |
| It's iniquitous. | 太不公平了 |
| They can't expect you to sit by silent | 您平白没了财产 |
| as your fortune is stolen away. | 还得故作镇定 |
| Can't they? | 又能怎样 |
| His Lordship would never let it happen. | 老爷不会不管的 |
| How's Bates working out? | 贝茨干得怎么样 |
| Well, I don't like to say. | 我不敢评论 |
| Only it seems unkind to criticise a man | 他腿脚不方便 |
| for an affliction, my lady. | 我不该多嘴的 |
| Even if it means he can't do his job. | 哪怕他不能胜任 |
| How are you settling in? | 做得还习惯吗 |
| Very well, I think. Unless your Lordship feels differently. | 若老爷没有异议我觉得还不错 |
| No complaints? | 没什么不顺心的吗 |
| If I had any, I should take them to Mr. Carson, | 即使有也该先跟卡森先生说 |
| my Lord, not you. | 而不是找老爷您 |
| You're probably right. | 那倒是 |
| And the house hasn't worn you out | 这上楼下楼的 |
| with the endless stairs and everything? | 你吃得消吗 |
| I like the house, my Lord. I like it as a place to work. | 我喜欢这房子老爷喜欢在这干活 |
| - What happened?- Oh, it's only the old wound. | -那是怎么回事-旧伤罢了 |
| After I left the army, I had a spot of bother | 退伍后我遇上点麻烦 |
| and just when I got through that | 后来解决了 |
| about a year ago my knee started playing up. | 一年前这膝盖开始不听使唤 |
| A bit of shrapnel got left in or something and it moved, | 里面有块弹片移了位 |
| but it's fine. | 不过不碍事 |
| It's not a problem. | 没问题 |
| And you'd let me know if you felt it was all too much for you? | 要有问题了就跟我说 |
| I would. But it won't be. | 是不会有问题的 |
| Thomas. | 托马斯 |
| - And where have you been?- The village. | -你去哪了-村子里 |
| To send a telegram, if you must know. | 发电报去了若非打听不可 |
| Pardon me for living. | 随便打听嘛 |
| Well, Murray didn't stay long. | 莫里没呆多久 |
| - Does Her Ladyship know how they left it?- No. | -夫人知道结果吗-不知道 |
| They talked it all through on the way back from the church. | 他们从教堂回来路上就谈完了 |
| If I was still his valet, I'd get it out of him. | 我要还跟老爷早探出消息了 |
| - Bates won't say a word.- He will not. | -贝茨的嘴严着呢-没错 |
| I bet you a tenner he's a spy in the other direction. | 十镑我赌他是主子的眼线 |
| I wanted that job. | 我想跟着老爷 |
| We were all right together, His Lordship and me. | 我可是他的得力助手 |
| Then be sure to get your foot in the door | 那等贝茨走了 |
| when Bates is gone. | 你就想办法跟紧老爷 |
| You can't get rid of him just because he talks behind our backs. | 光说他暗地里嚼舌根可赶不走他 |
| There's more than one way to skin a cat. | 东方不亮西方亮办法多的是 |
| - Perhaps she misunderstood.- No, it was quite plain. | -夫人没听懂吧-说得很明白了 |
| O'Brien told her Bates can't do the job properly. | 奥布瑞恩明说了贝茨伺候不好老爷 |
| Why was he taken on? | 怎么偏请了他呢 |
| He was Lord Grantham's batman when he was fighting the Boers. | 布尔战争时他给老爷当过勤务兵 |
| I know that, but even so. | 我知道那也犯不着 |
| - I think it's romantic.- I don't. | -我觉得定有原因-什么原因 |
| How can a valet do his work if he's lame? | 一个瘸子怎么当贴身侍从呢 |
| He's not very lame. | 倒不是特别瘸 |
| There. Anything else before I go down? | 好了小姐还有吩咐吗 |
| No, that's it. Thank you. | 没了下去吧 |
| Oh, I hate black. | 一身黑真难看 |
| It's not for long. | 又不用穿很久 |
| Mama says we can go into half-mourning next month. | 妈妈说下个月就改半丧 |
| And back to colours by September. | 到九月就不用穿黑了 |
| - Still seems a lot for a cousin.- But not a fiance? | -死了堂兄而已何必呢-不是未婚夫吗 |
| - He wasn't really a fiance.- No? | -不算未婚夫吧-真的吗 |
| I thought that was what you call a man you're going to marry. | 都要结婚了还不是未婚夫 |
| I was only going to marry him if nothing better turned up. | 实在没得选了我才会嫁给他 |
| - Mary, what a horrid thing to say.- Don't worry. | -玛丽别这么说-怕什么 |
| Edith would have taken him, wouldn't you? | 想嫁他的是伊迪丝对吧 |
| Yes, I'd have taken him. | 是我想嫁他 |
| If you'd given me the chance, I'd have taken him like a shot. | 要不是你我早嫁给他了 |
| I just think you should know it's not working, Mr. Carson. | 这实在行不通卡森先生 |
| Do you mean Mr. Bates is lazy? | 贝茨先生很懒散吗 |
| Not lazy, exactly. But he just can't carry. | 不是懒散是干不了重活 |
| He can hardly manage His Lordship's cases. | 他连老爷的箱子都差点提不动 |
| You saw how it was when they went up | 去伦敦参加追思会的那次 |
| to London for the memorial. | 您也看见了 |
| He can't help with the guests' luggage neither. | 他也没法帮客人拿行李 |
| And as for waiting at table, we can forget that. | 更别说伺候用餐了 |
| And what do you want me to do? | 你想让我怎么样呢 |
| Well, it's not for me to say. | 我本不该多嘴 |
| But is it fair on William to have all the extra work? | 但让威廉担那么多活合适吗 |
| I don't believe you'd like to think | 我想您不愿看到 |
| the house was falling below the way things ought to be. | 家务水准低于以往吧 |
| - I would not.- That's all I'm saying. | -当然不愿意-我就这意思 |
| I'm going down. Coming? | 我下楼去来吗 |
| In a moment. You go. | 一会来你先去吧 |
| I know you're sad about Patrick. | 帕特里克出事我知道你是伤心的 |
| Whatever you say, I know it. | 不管你怎么逞强 |
| You're a darling. | 你真贴心 |
| But you see, I'm not as sad as I should be. | 可我并没那么伤心 |
| And that's what makes me sad. | 这才让我难过 |
| Thank you. | 谢谢 |
| - I'll do that.- No. No, thank you, My Lord. | -我来捡吧-不用谢谢老爷 |
| - I can do it.- I'm sure. | -我能行-明白 |
| I hope so, My Lord. I hope you're sure. | 但愿吧老爷希望您能相信我 |
| Bates, we have to be sensible. | 贝茨说白了吧 |
| I won't be doing you a favour in the long run | 你要是负担太重 |
| if it's too much for you. | 我这就是在帮倒忙 |
| No matter what we've been through, it's got to work. | 有交情没错可正事不能耽误 |
| Of course it has, sir. I mean, My Lord. | 当然了长官不老爷 |
| Do you miss the army, Bates? | 怀念打仗的日子吧贝茨 |
| I miss a lot of things, but you have to keep moving, don't you? | 怀念是有的可总得向前看 |
| You do, indeed. | 没错说得好 |
| I'll show you, My Lord, I promise. I won't let you down. | 老爷我会证明我绝不辜负您 |
| We've managed so far, haven't we? | 大风大浪都一起过来了对吧 |
| Yes, we have. Of course we have. | 对当然 |
| - You look very nice.- Thank you, darling. | -很漂亮-谢谢亲爱的 |
| Did Murray make matters clearer? | 莫里挑明说了吗 |
| Yes, I'm afraid he did. | 是恐怕没戏 |
| By the way, O'Brien says | 对了奥布瑞恩跟我说 |
| Bates is causing a lot of awkwardness downstairs. | 贝茨干家务不太利索 |
| You may have to do something about it. | 您说说他吧 |
| She's always making trouble. | 她就会找麻烦 |
| Is that fair when she hasn't mentioned it before now? | 她忍到现在才说难道也是搬弄是非 |
| I don't know why you listen to her. | 你怎么老听她的瞎话 |
| It is quite eccentric, even for you, | 即便是你身边跟着个瘸腿男仆 |
| to have a crippled valet. | 也够让人侧目的了 |
| Please, don't use that word. | 拜托别用瘸这个字眼 |
| Did he tell you he couldn't walk when he made his application? | 他求职时难道没提不能走路吗 |
| Don't exaggerate. | 别夸大其辞 |
| Doesn't it strike you as dishonest not to mention it? | 你不觉得隐瞒实情是很不诚实的吗 |
| - I knew he'd been wounded. - You never said. | -我知道他曾受过伤-你可从未提过 |
| You know I don't care to talk about all that. | 你知道我不愿对此多谈 |
| Of course I understand what it must | 我可以理解你的心情 |
| be like to have fought alongside someone in a war. | 毕竟你们曾彼此并肩作战出生入死 |
| - Oh, you understand that, do you? - Certainly I do. | -是么你真的了解吗-当然了 |
| You must form the most tremendous bonds. | 你们毕竟也算是生死之交 |
| - Even with a servant. - Really? | -即使他是个仆人-真的吗 |
| Even with a servant? | 即使他是个仆人 |
| Oh, Robert, don't catch me out. | 罗伯特别吹毛求疵 |
| I'm simply saying I fully see why you want to help him. | 我完全理解你想帮助他的初衷 |
| But? | 但是 |
| But is this the right way, to employ him for a job he can't do? | 但也不能勉强他做根本无法胜任的工作 |
| Is it any wonder if the others' noses are put out? | 也难怪别人说长道短的 |
| I just want to give him a chance. | 我只是想给他个机会 |
| Mama, I'm sorry, no one told me you were here. | 妈妈抱歉我不知您来此 |
| Oh, dear, such a glare. | 真要命这么刺眼的光 |
| I feel as if I were on stage at the Gaiety. | 搞得我觉得自己跟登台唱大戏似的 |
| We're used to it. | 我们倒是都习惯了 |
| I do wish you'd let me install it in the Dower House. | 我非常希望给您的府邸也安上一套 |
| It's very convenient. | 它非常方便 |
| The man who manages the generator could look after yours as well. | 我家电工可以连您的宅子一并打理 |
| No. I couldn't have electricity in the house. | 不要我才不要在宅子里安电灯呢 |
| I wouldn't sleep a wink. | 我肯定整宿都合不上眼 |
| All those vapours seeping about. | 搞得到处都是蒸汽什么的 |
| Even Cora won't have it in the bedroom. | 柯拉也不愿意在卧室里安灯 |
| She did wonder about the kitchens, | 她倒是曾想在厨房里安电灯 |
| but I couldn't see the point. | 真不知道那有什么用 |
| Well, before anyone joins us, | 趁着现在没有旁人打扰 |
| I'm glad of this chance for a little talk. | 我想跟你说几句话 |
| I gather Murray was here today? | 我听说今天莫里来了 |
| News travels fast. | 消息传得真快 |
| Yes. I saw him and he's not optimistic | 没错我是见了 但他态度并不乐观 |
| that there's anything we can do. | 恐怕我们只能听天由命 |
| Well, I refuse to believe it. | 我才不信这一套呢 |
| Be that as it may, it's a fact. | 无论如何这已既成事实 |
| But to lose Cora's fortune to... | 但柯拉财产可就保不住了 |
| Really, Mama, you know as well as I do | 说真的妈妈你我心知肚明 |
| that Cora's fortune is not Cora's fortune any more. | 柯拉的财产早就不归她支配了 |
| Thanks to Papa, it is now part of the estate. | 多亏了爸爸那份财产早就归为家产了 |
| And the estate is entailed to my heir, | 而现在全都限定留给我的继承人 |
| that is it. That is all of it. | 就这样没什么可说的了 |
| Robert, dear, I don't mean to sound harsh... | 罗伯特亲爱的我不想说难听话 |
| You may not mean to, but I bet you will. | 难不难听的您反正是要说的 |
| Twenty-four years ago you married Cora, | 二十四年前你违背我愿 |
| against my wishes, for her money. | 为了钱财娶了柯拉 |
| Give it away now, what was the point | 现在钱要拱手送人 |
| of your peculiar marriage in the first place? | 那之前费劲娶她有什么意义呢 |
| If I were to tell you she'd made me very happy, | 假如我说她让我无比幸福 |
| would that stretch belief? | 您会相信吗 |
| It's not why you chose her, | 你娶她可不是为了这个 |
| above all those other girls | 再说了当时有那么多的姑娘 |
| who could've filled my shoes so easily. | 随意选一位都合我意 |
| If you must know, when I think of | 实话跟您讲吧当我回想起 |
| my motives for pursuing Cora, I'm ashamed. | 当年追求柯拉的动机时我感到很羞愧 |
| There's no need to remind me of them. | 您就别再旧事重提刺激我了 |
| Don't you care about Downton? | 你就一点都不在乎唐顿吗 |
| What do you think? | 您觉得呢 |
| I've given my life to Downton. | 我这一生的精力都倾注在唐顿庄园上 |
| I was born here and I hope to die here. | 我生于斯也希望死于斯 |
| I claim no career beyond the nurture of this house and the estate. | 我毕生的事业就是振兴这份家产 |
| It is my third parent and my fourth child. | 这大半辈子我含辛茹苦呕心沥血 |
| Do I care about it? Yes, I do care! | 我在乎吗我当然在乎 |
| I hope I don't hear sounds of a disagreement. | 你们不会是在争执吧 |
| Oh, is that what they call discussion in New York? | 这就是纽约人对"讨论"的叫法吗 |
| Well, I'm glad you're fighting. | 我很高兴你们在吵架 |
| I'm glad somebody's putting up a fight. | 很高兴总算有人想起来抗争一下了 |
| You're not really fighting Granny, are you, Papa? | 你不是真的跟奶奶吵架吧爸爸 |
| Your grandmother merely wishes to do the right thing. | 你们的奶奶也只是想有个万全之策 |
| And so do I. | 我也一样 |
| Dinner is served, my lady. | 晚餐已经准备好了夫人 |
| Does anyone else keep dreaming about the Titanic? | 还有谁也一直梦见泰坦尼克号吗 |
| I can't get it out of my mind. | 我老是梦见它 |
| Not again. Give it a rest. | 不是吧消停会吧 |
| Daisy, it is time to let it go. | 黛西别再想这件事了 |
| But all them people, | 但是所有的人 |
| freezing to death in the midnight icy water. | 大半夜都冻死在冰冷的海水里 |
| Oh, you sound like a penny dreadful. | 你这语气跟那些廉价恐怖小说一样 |
| I expect you saw worse things in South Africa. Eh, Mr. Bates? | 您在南非肯定见过更惨的吧贝茨先生 |
| Not worse, but pretty bad. | 谈不上更惨但也够呛 |
| Did you enjoy the war? | 你很享受战争的感觉吗 |
| I don't think anyone enjoys war, | 我想没人喜欢享受战争 |
| but there are some good memories, too. | 但也有些不错的回忆 |
| I'm sure there are. | 我也确信肯定是有的 |
| Mr. Bates, would you hand me that tray? | 贝茨先生您能把那个托盘递给我吗 |
| - Blast! - I'll do it. | -该死-我来吧 |
| Sorry. | 抱歉 |
| The ladies are out, we've given them coffee. | 夫人小姐们已经吃完了咖啡也上了 |
| The Lordship's taken his port to the library. | 老爷带着葡萄酒进了书房 |
| Anna, Gwen, go up and help clear away. | 安娜格温上楼帮忙收拾去 |
| Uh, Daisy, tell Mrs. Patmore | 黛西告诉帕特莫太太 |
| we'll eat in 15 minutes. | 我们15分钟之后开饭 |
| Well, I keep forgetting. | 我老是记不住 |
| Does this go next door or back to the kitchen? | 这个是要放到隔壁还是拿回厨房 |
| Those go back, | 那些端回去 |
| but the dessert service and all the glasses | 甜点餐具和所有酒杯 |
| stay in the upstairs pantry. | 都放到楼上餐具室 |
| Put it on here. | 放在这里 |
| What is it? | 什么事 |
| Her Ladyship's told him | 夫人跟他说 |
| she thinks Mr. Bates ought to go. | 她觉得贝茨先生该辞职走人 |
| She said to me, | 她是这么跟我说的 |
| "If only his Lordship had been content with Thomas." | "老爷一直用托马斯不就得了" |
| Did she really? | 她真是这么说的吗 |
| - What are you doing up here? - It's a free country. | -你们在这儿干吗呢-你管得着吗 |
| Well, I'm going for my dinner. | 成啊我要去吃饭了 |
| You two can stay here plotting. | 你俩就在这儿继续"运筹帷幄"吧 |
| So, the Young Duke of Crowborough is asking himself to stay. | 这么说年轻的克罗伯勒公爵主动想来拜访 |
| And we know why. | 我们也清楚他此番前来所欲何为 |
| You hope you know why. | 你们自以为清楚而已 |
| That is not at all the same. | 现实可不总是随人所愿 |
| You realise the Duke thinks Mary's prospects have altered. | 你认为公爵已察觉到玛丽的前景有所改观 |
| - I suppose so. - There's no "Suppose" about it. | -大概是吧-什么叫大概是吧 |
| Of course, this is exactly | 那是肯定以及一定的 |
| the sort of opportunity that will come to Mary | 只要我们能事事都以玛丽的利益为重 |
| if we can only get things settled in her favour. | 那么这就是玛丽千载难逢的好机会 |
| - Is Robert coming round? - Not yet. | -罗伯特回心转意了吗-还没有 |
| To him, the risk is | 他所担心的是 |
| we succeed in saving my money but not the estate. | 纵然保住我的钱但家产却付之东流 |
| He feels he'd be betraying his duty | 要是唐顿庄园因他而败落 |
| if Downton were lost because of him. | 他会觉得甚是愧对先祖 |
| Well, I'm going to write to Murray. | 好吧那我给莫里写封信 |
| He won't say anything different. | 他也无计可施 |
| Well, we have to start somewhere. | 千里之行始于足下 |
| Our duty is to Mary. | 咱们要对玛丽负责 |
| Well, give him a date | 等玛丽服完丧 |
| for when Mary's out of mourning. | 就安排他俩约会吧 |
| No one wants to kiss a girl in black. | 没人愿意跟穿丧服的姑娘谈情说爱 |
| Oh, do stop admiring yourself. | 别顾影自怜了 |
| He's not marrying you for your looks. | 你以为他娶你是贪图你的美貌吗 |
| That's if he wants to marry you at all. | 再说娶不娶还不一定呢 |
| He will. | 他会娶我的 |
| I think you look beautiful. | 我觉得你很美 |
| Thank you, Sybil darling. | 谢谢你茜玻亲爱的 |
| We should go down. | 咱们该下楼了 |
| They'll be back from the station at any moment. | 他们随时都会从车站回来 |
| Hmm. Let's not gild the lily,dear. | 别太花枝招展亲爱的 |
| And Mary, try to look surprised. | 还有玛丽尽量显得惊讶些 |
| You all ready? | 都准备好了吗 |
| Very well. You should go out to greet them. | 很好大家出门迎接客人吧 |
| And me, Mr. Carson? | 我也去吗卡森先生 |
| No, Daisy, not you. | 不黛西你不能去 |
| Can you manage, Mr. Bates? | 你能行吗贝茨先生 |
| Or would you rather wait here? | 要不你在这儿等着 |
| I want to go, Mr. Carson. | 我想出去卡森先生 |
| Well, there's no obligation for the whole staff to be present. | 也没必要全体都出去迎接的 |
| I'd like to be there. | 我很乐意去 |
| Well, it's certainly a great day for Downton | 今天是唐顿庄园的大日子 |
| to welcome a Duke under our roof. | 因为要欢迎公爵的大驾光临 |
| Remember to help me with the luggage. Don't go running off. | 记得帮我抬行李别想开溜 |
| I'll give you a hand. | 我来帮你吧 |
| Oh, I couldn't ask that, Mr. Bates, | 那怎么行贝茨先生 |
| not in your condition. | 您腿脚恐怕不方便吧 |
| How long do we have to put up with this, | 卡森先生我只是想知道 |
| Mr. Carson, just so I know? | 我们究竟还要忍多久啊 |
| Welcome to Downton. | 欢迎光临唐顿庄园 |
| Lady Grantham, this is so kind of you. | 格兰瑟姆夫人感谢您的盛情邀请 |
| Not at all, Duke. | 哪里哪里公爵 |
| I'm delighted you could spare the time. | 您百忙之中能光临寒舍自是荣幸之至 |
| You know my daughter Mary, of course. | 想必您认识小女玛丽 |
| - Of course, Lady Mary. - And Edith, | -当然玛丽小姐-还有伊迪丝 |
| but I don't believe you've met my youngest, Sybil. | 我想你还从未见过幺女茜玻 |
| - Ah! Lady Sybil. - How do you do? | -茜玻小姐-您好 |
| Come on in, you must be worn out. | 快快请进您舟车劳顿想必甚为疲惫 |
| Oh, Lady Grantham, I've a confession to make, | 格兰瑟姆夫人我有个不情之请 |
| which I hope won't cause too much bother. | 当然我希望不会给您添麻烦 |
| My man has taken ill just as I was leaving, so I... | 我的贴身男仆在启程时生病了所以我 |
| Oh, well, that won't be a problem, will it, Carson? | 这个好办是吧卡森 |
| Certainly not. | 当然 |
| I shall look after His Grace myself. | 就由小人亲自服侍尊贵的大人吧 |
| Oh, no, I wouldn't dream of being such a nuisance. | 不行我可不能这么大材小用 |
| Surely a footman... | 不过是个男仆 |
| I remember this man. | 我记得这个人 |
| Didn't you serve me | 格兰瑟姆夫人与我在伦敦共进晚餐时 |
| when I dined with Lady Grantham in London? | 是你侍奉的我吧 |
| - I did, Your Grace. - Ah, there we are. | -是的大人-这就行了 |
| We shall do very well together, won't we... | 我们应该会相处得不错是吧那个 |
| - Uh, Thomas, Your Grace. - Thomas. | -我叫托马斯大人-托马斯 |
| Good. | 那好吧 |
| Hope you had a pleasant journey. | 您的旅途还算愉快吧 |
| Bates, are you all right? | 贝茨你没事吧 |
| Perfectly, my Lord. I apologise. | 很好老爷对不起 |
| Mr. Bates. | 贝茨先生 |
| - That's better. - Please, don't feel sorry for me. | -这样好多了-求你别来可怜我 |
| What shall we do? What would you like to do? | 我们该去干什么呢你想去哪儿 |
| I think I'd rather like to go exploring. | 我想到处转一转参观一下 |
| Certainly. Gardens or house? | 没问题去花园还是府邸里 |
| Oh, house I think. Gardens are all the same to me. | 府邸吧我觉得花园都千篇一律 |
| Very well, | 很好 |
| we can begin in the hall, which is one of the oldest... | 我们先从大厅开始最古老的 |
| No, not all those drawing rooms and libraries. | 不不要那些客厅藏书室 |
| Well, what then? | 那你想去哪儿 |
| I don't know. | 我不知道 |
| The... The secret passages and the attics. | 比如秘密通道小阁楼之类的 |
| Well, it seems a bit odd but, why not? | 听起来有些古怪但有何不可呢 |
| I'll just tell Mama. | 我去跟妈妈说一声 |
| No, don't tell your mama. | 不别告诉你母亲 |
| But there's nothing wrong in it. | 但我们又不是做什么坏事 |
| No, indeed. I'm... | 当然不是我只是 |
| I'm only worried the others will want to join us. | 我只是不想有人来打扰我们 |
| Mary's settling him in. | 玛丽在招待他 |
| Cora, don't let Mary make a fool of herself. | 柯拉别让玛丽太过于殷勤 |
| By the way, I'll be going up to London next week. | 对了下周我要去伦敦 |
| Do you want to open the house? | 要让人打扫一下房子吗 |
| No, no. I'll just take Bates and stay at the club. | 不用了我就带着贝茨一起住俱乐部 |
| I won't be more than a day or two. | 差不多就待一两天吧 |
| I see. Are things progressing? | 好的事情有什么进展吗 |
| What things? | 什么事情 |
| It's just a regimental dinner. | 不过是军队的晚宴而已 |
| It's a pity Bates spoilt the arrival this afternoon. | 下午贝茨的那一跤可惜了整个迎接礼 |
| He didn't spoil anything. He fell over. | 不算煞风景他只是摔倒了而已 |
| It was so undignified. Carson hates that kind of thing. | 太不体面了卡森最讨厌这种事 |
| I don't care what Carson thinks. | 我才不管卡森怎么想 |
| A message from the Dowager Countess, my lady. | 老夫人来口信了夫人 |
| She says she won't come to tea, | 她说她不来喝下午茶了 |
| but she'll join you for dinner. | 但会来用晚餐 |
| Oh, Carson, I hope you weren't embarrassed this afternoon. | 对了卡森但愿你今天下午没有太难堪 |
| I can assure you the Duke very much appreciated his welcome. | 我敢保证公爵他还是很感激你的接待 |
| I'm glad. | 我很高兴 |
| - Is Bates all right? - I think so, my lord. | -贝茨没事了吧-我想应该没事老爷 |
| It must be so difficult for you, all the same. | 不管怎样真是难为你了 |
| Don't stir. | 不要多事 |
| Do you realise this is the first time we've ever been alone? | 我们好像是第一次这样独处 |
| Then you've forgotten | 那你肯定是忘了 |
| when I pulled you into the conservatory at the Northbrooks'. | 在北布洛克斯家那次我把你拉进温室 |
| - How sad. - No, I haven't. | -我真伤心-不我没有忘记 |
| It's not quite the same | 那次不一样 |
| with 20 chaperones hiding behind every fern. | 那时有好多女伴躲在树丛暗中窥觊 |
| And are you pleased to be alone with me, my lady? | 和我独处你开心吗小姐 |
| Oh, dear, if I answer truthfully, | 天哪若我坦诚相告 |
| you'll think me rather forward. | 那就太不矜持了 |
| I don't think we should pry. It feels rather disrespectful. | 我们不该随便窥探太失礼了 |
| Oh, nonsense. | 胡说 |
| It's your father's house, isn't it? | 这是你父亲的房子不是吗 |
| You've a right to know what goes on in it. | 你有权利知道房子里的一切 |
| Where does this lead? | 这通向哪儿 |
| To the men's quarters. With a lock on the women's side. | 男仆的房间从女仆这边上锁 |
| - Only Mrs Hughes is allowed to turn it. - Mrs Hughes... | -只有休斯太太有权开锁-休斯太太 |
| And you. | 还有你 |
| - And here? - A footman, I imagine. | -这里是-某位男仆的房间 |
| - Should you do that? - Why not? | -这样合适吗-有何不妥 |
| I'm... I'm making a study on the genus "Footman". | 我我在研究一种叫"男仆"的物种 |
| I seek to know the creature's ways. | 首先我得了解他们的生活起居 |
| Someone's coming! | 有人来了 |
| Can I help you, my lady? | 能效劳吗小姐 |
| We were just exploring. | 我们只是随便看看 |
| Were you looking for Thomas, Your Grace? | 您是要找托马斯吗大人 |
| No, as Lady Mary said, we've just been exploring. | 不如玛丽小姐所说我们只是随便看看 |
| Would you care to explore my room, my lady? | 那您想看看我的房间吗小姐 |
| Of course not, Bates. I'm sorry to have bothered you. | 不用了贝茨很抱歉打扰你了 |
| We were just going down. | 我们马上就下去 |
| Why did you apologise to that man? | 为什么要向那个人道歉 |
| It's not his business what we do. | 他无权干涉我们 |
| I always apologise when I'm in the wrong. | 犯了错就道歉 |
| It's a habit of mine. | 这是我的习惯 |
| The plain fact is Mr Bates, through no fault of his own, | 事实表明尽管贝茨先生无过 |
| is not able to fulfil the extra duties expected of him. | 但他无法完成应担的额外工作 |
| He can't lift. He can't serve a table. | 他不能提重物更不能侍奉用餐 |
| He's dropping things all over the place. | 还四处乱掉东西 |
| On a night like tonight he should act as a third footman. | 比如今晚他就该充当第三男仆 |
| As it is, my lord, | 而事实上老爷 |
| we may have to have a maid in the dining room. | 我们今晚只能找个女仆来顶替 |
| Cheer up, Carson, | 放松点卡森 |
| there are worse things happening in the world. | 这也不算太糟糕 |
| Not worse than a maid serving a duke. | 让女仆侍奉公爵还不够糟 |
| So you're quite determined? | 这么说你心意已决 |
| It's a hard decision, your lordship. A very hard decision. | 这决定很难老爷我也是不得已 |
| But the honour of Downton is at stake. | 但这有损唐顿的名誉 |
| Don't worry, Carson. | 别担心卡森 |
| I know all about hard decisions | 为了唐顿的名誉 |
| when it comes to the honour of Downton. | 我知道该怎么舍小为大 |
| Don't I, boy? | 是吧小家伙 |
| William, you mustn't let Thomas take advantage. | 威廉你不能总让托马斯占你便宜 |
| He's only a footman, same as you. | 他跟你一样也只是个男仆 |
| It's all right, Mrs Hughes. | 没事的休斯太太 |
| I like to keep busy. | 我喜欢充实点 |
| It takes your mind off things. | 这样就不至于胡思乱想 |
| What things have you got to take your mind off? | 胡思乱想些什么 |
| If you're feeling homesick, there's no shame in it. | 想家也没什么可害臊的 |
| - No. - It means you come from a happy home. | -是的-说明你有一个幸福的家庭 |
| There's plenty of people here would envy that. | 很多人羡慕都来不及呢 |
| Yes, Mrs Hughes. | 知道了休斯太太 |
| - Will that be all, my lord? - Yes. | -您还有何吩咐老爷-没有 |
| That is... Not exactly. | 其实还有点事 |
| Have you recovered from your fall this afternoon? | 下午摔了一跤没事吧 |
| I'm very sorry about that, my lord. | 实在抱歉老爷 |
| I don't know what happened. | 也不知怎么了 |
| The thing is, Bates, | 是这样贝茨 |
| I said I'd give you a trial and I have. | 我答应让你试试也给了你机会 |
| If it were only up to me... | 可有些事由不得我 |
| It's this question of a valet's extra duties. | 贴身侍从也该承担额外的职责 |
| You mean waiting a table when there's a large party? | 您是指有大型宴会时侍奉用餐吗 |
| That and carrying things and... | 还包括提箱子等等 |
| You do see that Carson can't be | 你也知道卡森决不允许 |
| expected to compromise the efficiency of his staff. | 他的手下效率低下 |
| I do, my lord, of course I do. | 明白老爷我当然明白 |
| Might I make a suggestion? | 我有个提议 |
| That when an extra footman is required, | 若需额外男仆时 |
| the cost could come out of my wages. | 他的工钱从我工资里扣 |
| Absolutely not. I couldn't possibly allow that. | 不行我决不允许 |
| Because I am very eager to stay, my lord. | 可我很想留下来老爷 |
| Very eager, indeed. | 真的很想 |
| I know you are. And I was eager that this should work. | 我知道我也很希望你能留下来 |
| You see, it is unlikely that I should find another position. | 像我这样的很难再找到工作了 |
| But surely in a smaller house, where less is expected of you. | 房子小些责任轻些的工作肯定行 |
| It's not likely. | 也不太可能 |
| I mean to help until you find something. | 在你找到工作前我会帮助你 |
| I couldn't take your money, my lord. | 我不能要您的钱老爷 |
| I can take wages for a job done. That's all. | 除非那是我的劳动所得 |
| Very good, my lord. I'll go at once. | 好吧老爷我马上走 |
| There's no need to rush out into the night. | 不必急着今晚走 |
| Take the London train tomorrow. It leaves at 9:00. | 搭明早九点的火车去伦敦吧 |
| You'll have a month's wages, too. That I insist on. | 我会多给你一个月的工资千万收下 |
| It's a bloody business, Bates, | 我也不想这样贝茨 |
| but I can't see any way around it. | 实在是别无他法 |
| I quite understand, my lord. | 我理解老爷 |
| I'm afraid we're rather a female party tonight, Duke. | 看来今晚是女士之夜了公爵 |
| But you know what it's | 但是你也知道 |
| like trying to balance numbers in the country. | 乡下总是女多男少 |
| A single man outranks the Holy Grail. | 单身汉在这里可是众星捧月 |
| No, I'm terribly flattered to be dining en famille. | 不能与您一家共进晚餐实在荣幸之至 |
| What were you and Mary doing in the attics this afternoon? | 下午您和玛丽在小阁楼做什么呢 |
| I expect Mary was just showing the Duke the house. Weren't you? | 我想玛丽只是带公爵到处看看而已对吧 |
| - Are you a student of architecture? - Mmm, absolutely. | -您是学建筑的吗-没错 |
| Then I do hope you'll come and inspect my little cottage. | 那我诚挚希望您能光临寒舍 |
| It was designed by Wren for the first earl's sister. | 那是雷恩大师为第一任伯爵的妹妹设计建造的 |
| The attics? | 小阁楼 |
| Yes. Mary took the Duke up to the attics. | 没错玛丽带着公爵上了小阁楼 |
| Whatever for? | 去那做什么 |
| Why was this, dear? | 亲爱的怎么回事 |
| We were just looking around. | 我们就是随处参观 |
| Looking around? What is there to look at but servants' rooms? | 参观仆人的房间有什么可看的 |
| What was the real reason, hmm? | 到底是为什么呢 |
| Don't be such a chatterbox, Edith. | 别絮絮叨叨的伊迪丝 |
| I think we'll go through. | 我看大家都吃完了 |
| - I still don't understand... - Will you hold your tongue! | -我还是不懂-少说几句行吗 |
| How long do you think they'll be? I'm starving. | 还要等多久我快饿死了 |
| Have you settled the ladies? | 夫人小姐们都安顿好了吗 |
| Yes, Mr Carson. | 是的卡森管家 |
| Then it won't be long once they go through. | 那就不会太久了 |
| You think he'll speak out? | 你们觉得他会求婚吗 |
| Do you think we'll have a duchess to wait on? Imagine that. | 想想看我们就要有个公爵夫人伺候了 |
| You won't be waiting on her, whatever happens. | 那也轮不到你来伺候 |
| There is no reason why the eldest daughter | 格兰瑟姆伯爵的长女和继承人 |
| and heiress of the Earl of Grantham | 成为公爵夫人 |
| should not wear a duchess's coronet with honour. | 再合适不过了 |
| Heiress, Mr Carson? Has it been decided? | 继承人已经决定了吗卡森先生 |
| It will be, if there's any justice in the world. | 世间若还有公道她理应继承 |
| Well, we'll know soon enough. | 好吧分晓不久便知 |
| What are you doing, Anna? | 你在干什么安娜 |
| I thought I'd take something up to Mr Bates, | 我想拿点吃的给贝茨先生 |
| him not being well enough to come down. | 他不舒服没下来吃饭 |
| You don't mind, do you, Mrs Hughes? | 您不介意吧休斯太太 |
| I don't mind. Not this once. | 我没意见但仅此一次 |
| No, take him whatever he might need. | 去吧给他送吃的吧 |
| Mr Bates is leaving without a stain on his character. | 贝茨先生的离开与他的品性无关 |
| I hope you all observe that in the manner of your parting. | 我希望你们与他道别时注意分寸 |
| Well, I don't see why he has to go. | 我不明白他为什么要走 |
| I don't mind doing a bit of extra work... | 我不介意多做一些... |
| It's not up to you. | 这不是你能决定的 |
| I'll take care of his lordship. Shall I, Mr Carson? | 让我来服侍老爷卡森先生行吗 |
| Not while you're looking after the Duke, you won't. | 不行你还得照顾公爵 |
| I'll see to his lordship myself. | 还是我自己来伺候吧 |
| Mr Bates? Are you there? | 贝茨先生你在吗 |
| I brought something up, in case you were hungry. | 怕你饿着我给你端了点吃的 |
| That's very kind. | 你真好谢谢 |
| - I'm ever so sorry you're going. - I'll be all right. | -很遗憾你要走了-我会没事的 |
| Of course you will. | 那是当然 |
| There's always a place for a man like you. | 以你的为人总能找到容身之处 |
| Oh, yes. Something will turn up. | 没错总会有办法的 |
| Tell us when you're fixed. | 安顿好了记得告诉我们 |
| Just... drop us a line. | 写封信来 |
| Else I'll worry. | 不然我会担心的 |
| Well, we can't have that. | 放心吧 |
| We must go and let the servants get in here. | 咱们该让仆人进来收拾了 |
| I should be grateful if we could stay just a minute more. | 若能再逗留片刻我将不胜感激 |
| I have... I have something to ask you. | 还有些事想请教 |
| I was terribly sorry to hear about your cousins. | 对于您兄侄的遭遇我深表哀悼 |
| You said. | 这样 |
| - Did you know them? - Not well. | -您认识他们-不太熟 |
| I used to see Patrick Crawley at the odd thing. | 也就见过帕特里克·卡劳利几次 |
| I imagine it will mean some adjustments for you all. | 府上遭受如此巨变肯定需要时间适应 |
| To lose two heirs in one night, it's terrible. | 一夜之间失去两位继承人太可怕了 |
| - Indeed, it was terrible. - Awful. | -是啊很可怕-真不幸 |
| But then again, it's an ill wind. | 但话说回来祸兮福所倚 |
| At least Lady Mary's prospects must have rather improved. | 至少现在玛丽小姐的未来不可限量 |
| Have they? | 是吗 |
| Haven't they? | 不是吗 |
| I will not be coy | 恕我直言 |
| and pretend I do not understand your meaning, | 我不想假装没听出您的弦外之音 |
| though you seem very informed on this family's private affairs. | 似乎您对我家的私事洞若观火 |
| But you ought perhaps to know | 那您也该知道此事 |
| that I do not intend to fight the entail. | 我无意打破限定继承权 |
| Not any part of it. | 毫无此意 |
| You can't be serious. | 您不是说真的吧 |
| It pains me to say it, but I am. | 尽管艰难但我确无此意 |
| You'll give up your entire estate? | 您要放弃所有家产吗 |
| Your wife's money into the bargain, to a perfect stranger? | 将您夫人的财产也交给一个陌生人吗 |
| You won't even put up a fight? | 您都不反抗吗 |
| I hope he proves to be perfect, | 我希望他是个完美的继承人 |
| but I'd rather doubt it. | 但我很怀疑 |
| Very odd thing to joke about. | 拿这种事说笑够古怪 |
| No odder than this conversation. | 这场谈话更古怪 |
| So, there you have it. | 给你的答复如下 |
| But Mary will still have her settlement, | 留给玛丽的那部分财产依旧 |
| which you won't find ungenerous. | 您不会嫌少的 |
| - I'm sorry? - I only meant that | -您说什么-我的意思是 |
| her portion, when she marries, will be more than respectable. | 她嫁妆的价值相当可观 |
| - You'll be pleased, I promise you. - Oh, heavens. | -您会满意的我保证-天哪 |
| I hope I haven't given the wrong impression. | 真希望您没有会错我的意 |
| You know very well... | 您心里清楚 |
| - My dear Lord Grantham... - Don't "My dear Lord Grantham" Me! | -我尊敬的格兰瑟姆伯爵-别给我来这套 |
| You knew what you were doing when you came here. | 此行的目的您心知肚明 |
| You encouraged Mary, all of us, into thinking... | 您让玛丽以及我们所有人都以为 |
| Forgive me, but I came | 对不起我来此 |
| to express my sympathies and my friendship. | 只是为了表达我的哀悼以及友好 |
| Nothing more. | 别无他意 |
| Lady Mary is a charming person. | 玛丽小姐是位迷人的女士 |
| Whoever marries her will be a lucky man. | 谁娶了她都很幸运 |
| It will not, however, be me. | 但那不会是我 |
| I see, and what was it you asked me to stay behind to hear? | 懂了那您留我在此是要问我什么 |
| I... I forget. | 我我忘了 |
| Well, aren't you coming into the drawing room? | 您不来客厅了吗 |
| I'm... I'm tired. | 我累了 |
| I think I'll just slip away. | 失陪 |
| Please make my excuses. | 麻烦替我致歉 |
| I'm afraid I've worn you out. | 看来你今天累坏了 |
| Tomorrow we can just... | 明天我们就... |
| I'm leaving in the morning. | 我明早就告辞 |
| Good night. | 晚安 |
| Oh, you might tell that footman... | 麻烦你告诉那位男仆 |
| - Thomas. - Thomas. You might tell him I've gone up. | -托马斯-托马斯告诉他我回房歇息了 |
| So he slipped the hook? | 金龟婿没上钩吗 |
| At least I'm not fishing with no bait. | 至少我没有坐以待毙 |
| I don't believe that. | 难以置信 |
| Well, believe what you like. He won't break the entail. | 你爱信不信他不会推翻限定继承权的 |
| The unknown cousin gets everything | 未知的堂弟将继承一切 |
| and Mary's inheritance will be the same as it always was. | 玛丽分得的遗产还是那么多 |
| Oh, how was I to know? When the lawyer turned up, I thought... | 我怎么知道那个律师来我还以为 |
| You weren't to and you did the right thing to telegraph me. | 你是没法知道给我发电报是对的 |
| - It's just not going to come off. - So what now? | -只是事情未能如愿-那现在怎么办 |
| Well, you know how I'm fixed. | 你知道我的使命决不会变 |
| I have to have an heiress, | 我得娶一位继承人 |
| if it means going to New York to find one. | 为此奔赴纽约也在所不惜 |
| What about me? | 那我怎么办 |
| You... | 你 |
| You will wish me well. | 你祝我顺风就好 |
| You said you'd find me ajob if I wanted to leave. | 你说过如果我想离开你会给我找份工 |
| And do you? | 你想离开吗 |
| I want to be a valet. | 我想当贴身侍从 |
| I'm sick of being a footman. | 我受够了男仆的工作 |
| Yeah, Thomas, I don't need a valet. | 托马斯我不需要贴身侍从 |
| I thought you were getting rid of the new one here. | 我以为你要赶走新来的那个呢 |
| And I've done it, | 已经赶走了 |
| but I'm not sure Carson's going to let me take over. | 但我不确定卡森是否会让我接任 |
| And I want to be with you. | 我想跟你在一起 |
| I just can't see it working, can you? | 我看不到咱俩的未来你呢 |
| We don't seem to have the basis | 我们之间似乎没有 |
| of a servant-master relationship, do we? | 发展主仆恋情的可能不是吗 |
| You came here to be with me. | 你来此不就是为了与我相会 |
| Among other reasons. | 还有别的目的 |
| And one swallow doesn't make a summer. | 记住孤燕不成夏 |
| - Aren't you forgetting something? - What? | -你是不是忘了什么-什么 |
| Are you threatening me? | 你这是威胁我吗 |
| Because of a youthful dalliance? | 一段年少无知的风流韵事 |
| A few weeks of madness in a London season? | 伦敦社交忙季的数周缱绻 |
| You wouldn't hold that against me, surely? | 你不会要拿这些事威胁我吧 |
| I would if I have to. | 困兽犹斗何况是人 |
| And who'd believe a greedy footman over the words of a duke? | 谁会相信一个贪婪男仆指证公爵的话 |
| If you're not careful, you'll end up behind bars. | 你若不谨慎行事小心牢狱之灾 |
| I've got proof. | 我有证据 |
| You mean these? | 你是指这些书信 |
| You know, my mother's always telling me | 我母亲一直叮嘱我 |
| never put anything in writing. | 别留下白纸黑字的明证 |
| And now, thanks to you, I never will again. | 如今多亏了你我会引以为戒的 |
| How did you get them? | 你怎么拿到的 |
| You bastard. | 你这个混蛋 |
| Don't be a bad loser, Thomas. | 别一失算就气急败坏托马斯 |
| Go to bed. | 睡觉去吧 |
| Unless you want to stay. | 除非你想留下过夜 |
| I think I'll turn in. | 我要睡了 |
| - No big announcement, then? - No. | -没什么重要消息吗-没有 |
| Nor likely to be. He's off on the 9:00 train. | 也不可能有了他乘明早九点的火车离开 |
| He never is! | 他怎么能这样 |
| And when we've had a turkey killed for tomorrow's dinner! | 为了明日的晚宴我们都宰好了一只火鸡呢 |
| - I wonder what she did wrong. - She did nothing wrong. | -她到底做错了什么-她没错 |
| Not from the way his lordship was talking. | 听老爷那口气她应该没错 |
| So His Grace turned out to be graceless. | 真不知公爵大人的礼数教养都到哪里去了 |
| Good night, Mrs Hughes. | 晚安休斯太太 |
| Good night, Mr Carson. | 晚安卡森先生 |
| If you knew that was your decision, why put Mary through it? | 既然你意已决何必让玛丽卷进来 |
| But I didn't know it was my decision, | 我之前还犹豫不决 |
| my final decision, until tonight. | 直到今晚才最终决定 |
| But I find I cannot ruin the estate | 我觉得我不能为了玛丽 |
| or hollow out the title for the sake of Mary, | 破坏这份家业辱没这个头衔 |
| even with a better man than that. | 就算她嫁个更好的人也不行 |
| I try to understand. I just can't. | 我无论如何也理解不了 |
| Well, why should you? Downton is in my blood and in my bones. | 不理解也罢唐顿是我的家族祖业 |
| It's not in yours. | 又不是你的 |
| And I can no more be the cause of its destruction | 我不能成为一个卖国贼 |
| than I could betray my country. | 也决不能成为败家子 |
| Besides, how was I to know | 再说之前我又不知道 |
| he wouldn't take her without the money? | 他只是冲着整个家产来的 |
| Don't pretend to be a child because it suits you. | 别得了便宜还卖乖 |
| Do you think she would've been happy with a fortune hunter? | 你觉得她跟慕钱而来的人结婚会幸福吗 |
| She might've been. | 也许会呢 |
| I was. | 我就很幸福 |
| Have you been happy? | 你真的幸福吗 |
| Really, have I made you happy? | 我真让你觉得幸福吗 |
| Yes. | 真的 |
| That is, since you fell in love with me, | 你爱上我的那刻起幸福就开始了 |
| which, if I remember correctly, | 如果我没记错的话 |
| was about a year after we were married. | 大概是我们结婚一年后 |
| Not a year. Not as long as that. | 没有一年没那么长时间 |
| But it wouldn't have happened for Mary. | 但这种好事不一定会落在玛丽身上 |
| Why not? | 为什么 |
| Because I am so much nicer than the Duke of Crowborough. | 我这人可比克罗伯勒公爵好多了 |
| I'll be the judge of that. | 这得我说了算 |
| Just don't think I'm going to let it rest, Robert. | 别以为我会袖手旁观罗伯特 |
| I haven't given up by any means. | 我不达目的誓不罢休 |
| - I must do what my conscience tells me. - And so must I. | -我做事得对得起自己的良心-我也是 |
| And I don't want you to think I'll let it rest. | 还有你别以为我会就此罢休 |
| My lord, would it be acceptable | 老爷可否让贝茨 |
| for Bates to ride in front with Taylor? | 与泰勒在前座将就下 |
| Otherwise, it means getting the other car out. | 否则就得另外备车了 |
| He and His Grace are catching the same train. | 他和公爵大人赶的是同一班火车 |
| Perfectly acceptable. | 完全可以 |
| And if His Grace doesn't like it, he can lump it. | 公爵大人就算不乐意也只能将就下了 |
| You've been so kind, Lady Grantham. Thank you. | 格兰瑟姆夫人您实在太客气了谢谢 |
| Goodbye, Duke. | 再见公爵 |
| You'll make my farewells to your delightful daughters? | 烦请您替我向令媛道个别 |
| They'd have been down if they'd known you were leaving so soon. | 她们若知道您现在就走定会亲自相送 |
| Alas, something's come up which has taken me quite by surprise. | 确实有突发急事不得不走 |
| Obviously. | 看得出来 |
| Well, Grantham, this has been a highly enjoyable interlude. | 格兰瑟姆贵宅小住非常愉快 |
| Has it? And I feared it had proved a disappointment. | 是吗我还担心是否让您失望了 |
| Not at all, not at all. | 怎么会完全没有 |
| A short stay in your lovely house has driven away my cares. | 小住一日得知你们都好我就安心多了 |
| We ought to go, my lord, if His Grace is to catch the train. | 老爷要赶上这班火车的话我们得走了 |
| Goodbye, Bates, and good luck. | 再见贝茨祝你好运 |
| Good luck to you, my lord. | 也祝您好运老爷 |
| Wait! | 等等 |
| - Get out, Bates. - I really mustn't be late. | -贝茨下车-我真不能误了这班火车 |
| Get back inside and we'll say no more about it. | 回屋去解雇的事绝不再提了 |
| It wasn't right, Carson. | 卡森不该让他走 |
| I just didn't think it was right. | 不该赶他走的 |
| - First post, ma'am. - Thank you, Ellen. | -夫人急件-谢谢艾伦 |
| - One for you. - Thank you, Mother. | -这封是你的-谢谢母亲 |
| Oh, it's from Lord Grantham. | 是格兰瑟姆伯爵寄来的 |
| Really? What on earth does he want? | 真的吗他有什么事会找你 |
| He wants to change our lives. | 他想要改变我们的命运 |
获取完整的剧集台词和单词统计,请移步赞赏区(无需赞赏),关键字“唐顿庄园”