There are 2 ways to be successful.And I don't subscribe to the 1st one,that's just natural talent.
取得成功有2种方法,我不赞同第一种方法,那就是天赋,
I just don't believe people who are natural talented are better than me.
我就是不相信那些有天赋的人比我更强。
I believe effort,and you've heard me say it,
我相信努力,你已经听我说过了,
your mama might come from privilege,
你妈妈可能出身优越,
your daddy might come from privilege,your daddy might own a company,your might have a father that can give you everything your little heart desires,
你爸爸可能出身优越,你爸爸可能是公司老总,你可能有个父亲能给你你想要的一切,
but you will not outwork me.
但是你不可能比我努力。
Why? Because I realize that the bigger the dream, the more effort you're gonna have to put in.
因为我认识到,梦想越大,你就要投入更多的努力。
I'm saying there's some of you in this room,
我要说的是,你们中的有些人,
you might have small beginnings, you might not have a lot of money, you might not have a lot of resources.
你可能出身卑微,你可能家境贫寒,你可能没有什么资源,
And I need you to understand that the bigger your dream is, the earlier you're gonna have to get up.
但我希望你明白,你的梦想越大,你的起床时间就要越早,
The longer you're gonna have to stay up.
你熬夜的时间就要越久。
I'm talking about concrete commitment.
我在谈论的是切实的投入
I'm talking about the commitment that says
I am going to stay true to what I said I would do,
我在谈论的是那种投入,它会说:"我要保证做到我说过要做的事,
long after the mood that I said it in has left.
即使我当初说这句话的热情早已褪去。
Because I think we all know in this room, character is not something that we inherit,
因为我认为在场的所有人都知道,品格不是我们从父母那里继承来的,
character is something we gotta wake up every day,
品格是需要我们每天起床后,
we gotta fight and we gotta build it.
去奋斗,去塑造的
You gotta begin with the end in mind,
你要带着对最终目标的规划去开始,
So whatever your dream or your goal is, you gotta wake wake up every day to it.
无论你的目标是什么,你必须要每天起床去执行它。
You gotta go to bed with it, you gotta read stuff,
你必须想着它去入睡,你必须要阅读相关的材料,
The music you listen to,everything you do gotta pour into that dream.
你听的音乐,你做的每件事,都要注入你的梦想。
I understand, it is the process that you get better.
我知道,你是在过程中变得更强的,
it is the process that don't nobody know your name.
是在过程中,你从岌岌无名开始
and 5 years later, you one of the best in the world. Why?
五年之后,你成为了世界顶级的。为什么?
The process.
因为过程。
I don't get up at 3 o'clock in the morning because I'm broke,
我不是因为破产才在凌晨3点钟起床的,
the why do you get up at 3 o'clock in the morning?
那你是为什么凌晨3点钟起床呢?
'Cause I ain't finished yet.
因为我还没有达到终点。
I am not phenomenally skilled, but I'm phenomenally willed.
我没有难以置信的技巧,但我有难以置信的意志。
My IQ may never change, but my will changes every year.
我的智商可能永远无法改变,但是我的意志每年都在提升。
I get stronger and stronger, and more determined, why?
我变得越来越强大,越来越坚定,为什么?
'Cause it's in myDNA.
因为它存在于我的DNA里。
I make the decisions every single day to be successful or to be failure.
我每天都要去决定,是要取得成功还是一败涂地。
We not dealing with chance no more baby, this all choice.
我们不能再依赖运气了,这全凭选择。
If you are not that talented, you can beat them with time.
如果你不是那么有天赋,你仍可以用时间击败他们,
You can get to the spot before they get to the spot.
你可以在他们到达之前到达。
Get your butt up and get there. Get up.
抬起你的屁股前进吧!起身!
Act like you playing basketball, act like you playing football. Compete.
就像你打篮球时一样,就像你踢足球时一样,去竞争!
That's what bothers me, many of you all are not competing.
让我看不惯的是,你们中许多人没有在竞争。
I need effort, compete.
我需要努力,竞争。
Act like you playing football, go in that doggone classroom, compete.
表现得像你踢足球时一样,走进教室,去竞争。
Many of you have lost your competitive edge, Get your competitive edge back.
你们许多人已经失去了竞争优势,把你的竞争优势找回来。
I'm not against no other motivational speaker, I'm just competitive.
我不是在针对任何励志演讲者,我只是好胜心强。
When you dedicate your life, you don't care anything about the odds.
当你奉献了你的生命,你不在乎是否几率渺茫,
when the dream is big enough the odds don't matter.
当梦想足够远大时,成功的几率就不重要了。
When you're working, you have a wall to break through.
当你努力时,你有一堵墙需要冲破,
A friend of mine who runs a marathon, and he says when he's running the 26-mile marathon,
我的一个马拉松的朋友,他说当他在跑26英里的马拉松时
he said let's say that hypothetically that 18the mile is the wall.
他说:“我们来假设第十八英里是那堵墙。”
He said, Les, when you get there and you're running, he says,everything in you in telling you to stop, to give up.
他说:“莱斯,当你跑到那里的时候,你心里的声音在让你停下,让你放弃”
Every muscle is aching. And you're saying to yourself I can't do it.
每块肌肉都在疼痛,你也在对自己说:“我做不到。”
And you just keep on, and you keep on, and you keep on.
但是你自然继续跑,继续跑,继续跑,
It seem like you're moving at slow motion.
仿佛你在慢动作镜头下奔跑,
And then eventually when you break through that 18-mile wall then you know it's like done and you're on automatic and you glide on it.
然后最终你冲破那堵18英里的墙后,你会仿佛已经跑完了,你进去了自动行驶模式,你不断自动向前滑行
And you know it's there.
你知道终点就在前方
You know you're gonna get to the finish line.
你知道你会跑到终点线。
And we're all had experience where working on something and we knew it was possible,
我们都有过这样的经历:当我们朝着一件事努力,我们知道它是可能被做到的
and we did those things that were necessary to bring it into reality.
我们采取一切可以让它实现的必要行动,
We took the responsibility to make it happen.
我们担起了让它成为现实的责任,
Other people couldn't see it.Lot of people didn't believe it.
其他人看不到它,很多人不相信它。
You were attacked, you were criticized, people were opposing you.
你被攻击,你被批评,人们都反对你
But you kept on doing it. It was hard, it was rough, it was difficult
但是你依然坚持了下去,这很艰难,这很不易,这很困难
but to you it was worth it.
但是对你来说这是值得的
And eventually you got a level you know can't nothing stop me now. I'm on the move. I'm on the move.
最终你达到了一种境界,你知道:
现在什么都阻止不了我了,我正在进发!我正在进发!