Level 4 Unit3 Quitting a Job

正文:

I hear you lost your job.

我听说你失业了。

Is that right?

是这样吗?

Yes, that's right.

是的,是这样的。

I quit.

我辞职了。

I quit because of the way my boss treats people.

我辞职是因为我老板对待人的方式。

What happened?

发生了什么?

I wasn't feeling good one day, and he yelled at me.

有一天我感觉不舒服,他冲我大喊大叫。

When I told him not to yell at me, he threaten me.

当我告诉他不要对我大喊大叫时,他威胁我。

Is that all?

这就是全部?

That's what bosses do.

这就是老板们所做的。

Sure, sometimes maybe.

当然,有时也许。

But my boss treated everyone badly, and I was tired of it.

但是我的老板对每个人都不好,我已经厌倦了。

It was the last straw.

这是最后一根稻草。

The last straw?

最后一根稻草?

Yes, you know, it reached the point where I couldn't take it anymore.

是的,你知道,它达到了我无法再忍受的地步。

I see.

我懂了。

So now you don't have a job?

所以现在你没有工作?

Right, I don't have a job.

对了,我没有工作。

But at least I don't have to deal with my boss anymore.

但至少我不用再和我的老板打交道了。

What are you going to do now?

你现在要做什么?

To be honest, I'm not sure, but I'll find something.

老实说,我不确定,但我会找到一些东西。

I'll get a job, even if it pays less than before.

我会找到一份工作,即使薪水比以前少。

Are you sorry you quit?

你后悔辞职了吗?

Yes, and no.

是的,不后悔。

I guess I Should have found another job first, and then quit.

我想我应该先找到另一份工作,然后再辞职。

Why didn't you?

你为什么没有?

As I said, he push me too far.

正如我所说,他把我推得太远了。

There are something I just won't take.

有些东西我就是不接受。

What about your wife?

你老婆呢?

She isn't happy that I don't have a job, but she understands.

她不高兴我没有工作,但她理解。

She knows I have a temper.

她知道我脾气暴躁。

And she knows I wasn't happy working there.

她知道我在那里工作不开心。

Well, I guess I'm lucky.

好吧,我想我很幸运。

My job isn't great, but I like the people I'm working with, and I like my manager.

我的工作不是很好,但我喜欢和我一起工作的人,我喜欢我的经理。

Are you planning to stay there?

你打算留在那里吗?

I don't know.

我不知道。

For now it's OK, but of course it all depends on how things change.

现在还好,但当然这一切都取决于事情的变化。

Well if you hear of any job openings, let me know, OK?

好吧,如果您听说有任何职位空缺,请告诉我,好吗?

Sure, send me your resume, and I'll let people know you're looking.

当然,把你的简历发给我,我会让人们知道你在找。

Thanks.

谢谢。

His boss pushed him too far one too many times, so he couldn't wait to quit.

他的老板推了他太多次太多,所以他迫不及待地辞职了。

He isn't sure what he is going to do.

他不确定自己要做什么。

His boss treated him badly one too many times.

他的老板对他坏了太多次了。

He won't take being treated badly and threatened too many times.

他不会接受被虐待和威胁太多次。

©著作权归作者所有,转载或内容合作请联系作者
【社区内容提示】社区部分内容疑似由AI辅助生成,浏览时请结合常识与多方信息审慎甄别。
平台声明:文章内容(如有图片或视频亦包括在内)由作者上传并发布,文章内容仅代表作者本人观点,简书系信息发布平台,仅提供信息存储服务。

相关阅读更多精彩内容

友情链接更多精彩内容