来来来,大家一起学英语!

你的孩子 其实不是你的孩子 

            纪伯伦(黎巴嫩)

Your children are not your children.

你的孩子,其实不是你的孩子。

They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself.

而是生命为自己渴望的儿女。

They come through you but not from you,

他们通过你出生,却并非来自于你,

And though they are with you, yet they belong not to you.

虽然他们和你在一起,却不属于你。

You may give them your love but not your thoughts.

给他们你的爱,而不是你的思想,

For they have their own thoughts.

因为他们有自己的思想。

You may house their bodies but not their souls,

给他们的身体提供住房,但不要禁锢他们的心灵,

For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow, which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.

因为他们的心灵属于明天,属于你做梦也达不到的明天。

You may strive to be like them, but seek not to make them like you.

你可以努力将自己变得像他们,

For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday.

却不要设法把他们变得像你,

因为生命不会后退,也不会停留在昨天。

You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth.

你是发射孩子生命之箭的弓,

The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite,

弓箭手在无穷之路上瞄准目标,

and He bends you with His might that His arrows may go swift and far.

他用尽力气将你来开,好让他的箭射得又快又远。

Let your bending in the archer's hand be for gladness;

让你在弓箭手掌中的弯折令他愉悦吧,

For even as he loves the arrow that flies, so He loves also the bow that is stable.

因为他既爱那飞着的箭,也爱那坚稳的弓。

(诗歌的语言,不太拘泥于语法,译文仅供参考!)

©著作权归作者所有,转载或内容合作请联系作者
【社区内容提示】社区部分内容疑似由AI辅助生成,浏览时请结合常识与多方信息审慎甄别。
平台声明:文章内容(如有图片或视频亦包括在内)由作者上传并发布,文章内容仅代表作者本人观点,简书系信息发布平台,仅提供信息存储服务。

相关阅读更多精彩内容

  • 爱你岂止一百天 今天是你来到这个世界的第一百天也是我做你妈妈的第一百天~祝ππ百天...
    KK_VV阅读 448评论 0 3
  • 《另一种思考角度》 引言: “不孝有三,无后为大”“孝感动天,董永娶仙”,大概中华民族以孝治天下,由...
    思明_Tuso阅读 623评论 4 9
  • 美国的幼儿园分两种,五周岁以上的可以上免费的公立幼儿园,而五周岁之前的只能上私立幼儿园,这边叫daycare或者p...
    陈赠思阅读 3,870评论 3 3
  • 你的孩子,其实不是你的孩子。 他们是生命对于自身渴望而诞生的孩子。 他们借助你来到这世界,却非因你而来, 他们在你...
    aya1212阅读 516评论 0 1
  • 记得纪伯伦有一首诗歌《致孩子》,我把它放在了下面: On Children ——Kahlil Gibran 致孩子...
    安乔同学阅读 687评论 1 6

友情链接更多精彩内容