So, think of the three settings I've talked to you about: 那么想想这3个我所谈到的背景:
factory, migration, office. 工厂,移民,办公室。
But it could be in a school, it could be an administration, 但这也可能在学校,在政府,
it could be a hospital. 也可能在医院发生。
Three settings that, if we just step back 15 years, 这3种背景下,如果我们只追随到15年前,
if you just think back 15 years, 如果你仅回想15年前,
when you clocked in, 当你打卡上班,
when you clocked in to an office, 打卡到办公室上班,
when you clocked in to a factory, 在工厂打卡上班,
there was no contact for the whole duration of the time, 在整个工作期间没有任何联系,
there was no contact with your private sphere. 与你的私人领域没有任何联系。
If you were lucky there was a public phone hanging in the corridor or somewhere. 你要是很幸运,在走廊处或某处可以用一个公共电话。
If you were in management, oh, that was a different story. 你要是管理层,哦,那就是另一回事。
Maybe you had a direct line. 你可能会有直线电话。
If you were not, you maybe had to go through an operator. 如果你没有直线电话,或许你必须通过一个操作员打电话。
But basically, when you walked into those buildings, 但基本上,当你进入这些建筑物后,
the private sphere was left behind you. 你就没有了私人领域。
And this has become such a norm of our professional lives, 这已成为我们职业生涯规范,
such a norm and such an expectation. 类似这样的规范,这样的期望。
And it had nothing to do with technical capability. 它与技术能力没有任何关系。
The phones were there. But the expectation was once you moved in there 手机就在那里。但是,一旦你进入到工作领域,所期望的是,
your commitment was fully to the task at hand, 你的义务就是全身心地完成手头的任务,
fully to the people around you. 全身心服务于你身边的人们。
That was where the focus had to be. 这就是要关注的事情。
And this has become such a cultural norm 这已成为一种文化规范,
that we actually school our children for them to be capable to do this cleavage. 它使得我们竟教育孩子们进行这种分离,不亲密的转变。
。