原文+翻译+音频mp3,关注公众号:ABC游侠(ID:xx6451xx)
上接:
跟《老友记》快速掌握口语表达第01季01集【Quote-001~Quote-100】
[Scene: A Restaurant, Monica and Paul are still eating.]
【Quote-101】
Paul: Ever since she walked out on me, I, uh...
自从她甩掉我之后,我就……
【Quote-102】
Monica:What?..... What, you wanna spell it out with noodles?
什么?……什么,你打算边吃面条边讲吗?
【Quote-103】
Paul: No, it's, it's more of a fifth date kinda revelation.
不,这是第5次约会时候才说的事。
【Quote-104】
Monica: Oh, so there is gonna be a fifth date?
噢,这么说会有第五次约会了?
【Quote-105】
Paul: Isn't there?
你不想吗?
【Quote-106】
Monica: Yeah... yeah, I think there is. What were you gonna say?
想,我想的,我想需要的。你刚才想说什么?
【Quote-107】
Paul: Well, ever-ev-... ever since she left me, um, I haven't been able to, uh, perform. (Monica takes a sip of her drink.)...Sexually.
好吧,自从她离开后,我就一直无法过……性生活。
【Quote-108】
Monica:(spitting out her drink in shock)Oh God, oh God, I am sorry... I am so sorry...
天啊,天啊,对不起,对不起。
Paul: It's okay...
没关系……
【Quote-109】
Monica:I know being spit on is probably not what you need right now. Um... how long?
我知道你现在需要的应该不是被人吐一身口水。……多久了?
Paul:Two years.
两年了。
【Quote-110】
Monica: Wow! I'm-I'm-I'm glad you smashed her watch!
哇!我真高兴你砸烂了她的表!
【Quote-111】
Paul: So you still think you, um... might want that fifth date?
那你还想要第五次约会吗?
【Quote-112】
Monica:(pause)...Yeah. Yeah, I do.
……是的,我希望有。
[Scene: Monica's Apartment, Rachel is watching Joanne Loves Chaci.]
【Quote-113】
Rachel:Oh...see... but Joanne loved Chachi! That's the difference!
喔……看……乔安妮爱的是卡奇的。这就是不同!
[Scene: Ross's Apartment, they're all sitting around and talking.]
【Quote-114】
Ross:(scornful)Grab a spoon. Do you know how long it's been since I've grabbed a spoon? Do the words 'Billy, don't be a hero' mean anything to you?
“拿起勺子”。你知道我拿起勺子多久了吗?难道“比利,别逞英雄”这句话对你没意义吗?
【Quote-115】
Ross: Y'know, here's the thing. Even if I could get it together enough to... to ask a woman out,... who am I gonna ask? (He gazes out of the window.)
还有个问题。就算我鼓起勇气,约个女人出去,我有能约谁呀?
[Cut to Rachel staring out of her window.]
[Commercial Break]
[Scene: Monica's Apartment, Rachel is making coffee for Joey and Chandler.]
【Quote-116】
Rachel: Isn't this amazing? I mean, I have never made coffee before in my entire life.
不可思议吧?我这辈子从没泡过咖啡。
【Quote-117】
Chandler: That is amazing.
真不可思议。
Joey: Congratulations.
恭喜你了。
【Quote-118】
Joey:While you're on a roll, if you feel like you gotta make like a Western omelet or something...(Joey and Chandler taste the coffee, grimace, and pour it into a plant pot.) Although actually I'm really not that hungry...
既然你现在正在进入角色,有没有想做个煎蛋卷之类的东西……不过事实上我还不太饿……
【Quote-119】
Monica:(entering, to herself) Morning.
早安。
All: Good morning.
早安。
Joey: Morning, Paul.
早安,保罗。
Rachel:Hello, Paul.
你好,保罗。
Chandler: Hi, Paul, is it?
嗨,保罗,是吗??
(Monica and Paul walk to the door and talk in a low voice so the others can't hear. The others move Monica's table closer to the door so that they can.)
【Quote-120】
Paul: Thank you! Thank you so much!
谢谢你!太谢谢你了!
Monica:Stop! We'll talk later.
晚点联系。
Paul: Yeah.(They kiss) Thank you.(Exits)
好。谢谢。
【Quote-121】
Joey: That wasn't a real date?! What the hell do you do on a real date?
那还不叫真正的约会?!那你真正的约会到底要干些什么?
【Quote-122】
Monica:Shut up, and put my table back.
闭嘴,把桌子抬回去。
All: Okayyy!(They do so.)
好吧!
【Quote-123】
Chandler: All right, kids, I gotta get to work. If I don't input those numbers, ... it doesn't make much of a difference...
好了,孩子们,我必须上班去了。如果我不输入那些数字……也没什么关系……
【Quote-124】
Rachel:So, like, you guys all have jobs?
你们大伙儿都有工作?
【Quote-125】
Monica: Yeah, we all have jobs. See, that's how we buy stuff.
对,我们都有工作。这样才有钱买东西。
【Quote-126】
Joey:Yeah, I'm an actor.
对,我是个演员。
【Quote-127】
Rachel: Wow! Would I have seen you in anything?
你演过什么?我看过吗??
【Quote-128】
Joey: I doubt it. Mostly regional work.
大概没见过吧。大部份都是在地区性的节目中。
【Quote-129】
Monica: Oh wait, wait, unless you happened to catch the Reruns' production of Pinocchio.
等等,除非你碰巧看过《匹诺曹》的重播。
【Quote-130】
Chandler: 'Look, Gippetto, I'm a real live boy.'
“瞧,盖佩多,我是真正的小男孩了。”
【Quote-131】
Joey: I will not take this abuse.(Walks to the door and opens it to leave.)
我不会理睬这种羞辱。
Chandler: You're right, I'm sorry.(Burst into song and dances out of the door.) "Once I was a wooden boy, a little wooden boy..."
你说得对,抱歉。“我曾是个小木偶……小木偶……”
【Quote-132】
Monica: So how you doing today? Did you sleep okay? Talk to Barry? I can't stop smiling.
今天感觉如何?睡得还好吧?和巴瑞谈过了吗?我无法停止笑。
【Quote-133】
Rachel: I can see that. You look like you slept with a hanger in your mouth.
我看得出来。你就像是昨晚睡觉时嘴里放了个撑衣架。
【Quote-134】
Monica: I know, he's just so, so... Do you remember you and Tony DeMarco?
我知道,他是那么……还记得你和托尼·德马科吗?
Rachel:Oh, yeah.
记得啊。
【Quote-135】
Monica: Well, it's like that. With feelings.
就像那样。那种感觉。
【Quote-136】
Rachel:Oh wow. Are you in trouble.
哇,你惹上麻烦了。
【Quote-137】
Monica: Okay. Okay. I am just going to get up, go to work and not think about him all day. Or else I'm just gonna get up and go to work.
好啦,好啦,我要站起来,去工作,而且一整天都不要想他。或者只是站起来去工作。
【Quote-138】
Rachel: Oh, look, wish me luck!
祝我好运!
Monica:What for?
为什么?
【Quote-139】
Rachel: I'm gonna go get one of those (Thinks) job things.
我要去找个工作什么的东西。
(Monica exits.)
[Scene: Iridium, Monica is working as Frannie enters.]
【Quote-140】
Frannie: Hey, Monica!
嘿,莫妮卡!
【Quote-141】
Monica: Hey Frannie, welcome back! How was Florida?
嘿,弗兰妮,欢迎回来!在佛罗里达过得如何?
【Quote-142】
Frannie: You had sex, didn't you?
你做爱了,对不?
【Quote-143】
Monica: How do you do that?
你怎么知道的?
Frannie: So? Who?
那么,和谁呀?
【Quote-144】
Monica: You know Paul?
你认识保罗吗?
【Quote-145】
Frannie: Paul the Wine Guy? Oh yeah, I know Paul.
保罗,那个调酒的?对,我认识保罗。
【Quote-146】
Monica: You mean you know Paul like I know Paul?
你是说你认识保罗就像我认识他一样?
【Quote-147】
Frannie: Are you kidding? I take credit for Paul. Y'know before me, there was no snap in his turtle for two years.
开玩笑吧,保罗还欠我一个人情呢。遇到我之前他已有两年没用男人那玩意儿了。
[Scene: Central Perk, everyone but Rachel is there.]
【Quote-148】
Joey:(sitting on the arm of the couch)Of course it was a line!
显然他是骗你的!
【Quote-149】
Monica: Why?! Why? Why, why would anybody do something like that?
为什么?为什么会有人那样做?
【Quote-150】
Ross: I assume we're looking for an answer more sophisticated than 'to get you into bed'.
我想你是想让我们拿出一个比“想和你上床”更为复杂的答案。
【Quote-151】
Monica: Is it me? Is it like I have some sort of beacon that only dogs and men with severe emotional problems can hear?
问题出在我身上?难道我身上有某种味儿,只有狗和感情有严重问题的男人才会发觉吗?
【Quote-152】
Phoebe: All right, c'mere, gimme your feet. (She starts massaging them.)
好啦,过来,把你的脚给我。
【Quote-153】
Monica: I just thought he was nice, y'know?
我只是以为他是个好男人。
( Rachel enters with a shopping bag.)
【Quote-154】
Rachel: Guess what?
猜猜看是什么?
【Quote-155】
Ross: You got a job?
你找到工作了?
【Quote-156】
Rachel:Are you kidding? I'm trained for nothing! I was laughed out of twelve interviews today.
开玩笑吗?我什么都不会!今天的十二个面试,都是被嘲笑轰出来的。
【Quote-157】
Chandler: And yet you're surprisingly upbeat.
不过你却异常兴奋。
【Quote-158】
Rachel:You would be too if you found John and David boots on sale, fifty percent off!
换成是你,你也会一样。如果你遇见“约翰&大卫”的皮靴打五折。
【Quote-159】
Chandler: Oh, how well you know me...
你真是太了解我了……
【Quote-160】
Rachel:They're my new 'I don't need a job, I don't need my parents, I've got great boots' boots!
这是我的新皮靴,我不需要工作,不需要父母,我有一双好皮靴足矣!
【Quote-161】
Monica:How'd you pay for them?
你怎么付的钱?
【Quote-162】
Rachel: Uh, credit card.
用信用卡。
【Quote-163】
Monica: And who pays for that?
那谁付的钱?
【Quote-164】
Rachel:Um... my... father.
我爸。
[Scene: Monica and Rachel's, everyone is sitting around the kitchen table. Rachel's credit cards are spread out on the table along with a pair of scissors.]
【Quote-165】
Monica:C'mon, you can't live off your parents your whole life.
拜托,你不能靠你爸一辈子。
【Quote-166】
Rachel:I know that. That's why I was getting married.
我知道,这就是为什么我要结婚。
【Quote-167】
Phoebe: Give her a break, it's hard being on your own for the first time.
饶了她吧,第一次独立并不轻松。
【Quote-168】
Rachel: Thank you.
谢谢。
【Quote-169】
Phoebe:You're welcome. I remember when I first came to this city. I was fourteen. My mom had just killed herself and my step-dad was back in prison, and I got here, and I didn't know anybody. And I ended up living with this albino guy who was, like, cleaning windshields outside port authority, and then he killed himself, and then I found aromatherapy. So believe me, I know exactly how you feel.
不客气。我记得我第一次来到纽约时的情景。当时我十四岁。我妈刚自杀,我继父再度入狱,我来到这里,举目无亲。最后我和患白化病的男人住在一起,他给港务局的人清洗车窗,后来他也自杀了,然后我找到了芳香疗法按摩的工作。所以相信我,我了解你的感受。
【Quote-170】
Ross:The word you're looking for is 'Anyway'...
你需要的是话是,“无论如何”……
【Quote-171】
Monica:All right, you ready?
好了,准备好了吗?
【Quote-172】
Rachel:I don't think so.
我不这么想。
【Quote-173】
Ross: C'mon, cut. Cut, cut, cut,...
来,剪掉,剪掉,剪掉,剪掉……
All:Cut, cut, cut, cut, cut, cut, cut...(She cuts one of them and they cheer.)
剪掉,剪掉,剪掉,剪掉……
(She finishes cutting them up and they all cheer.)
【Quote-174】
Monica: Welcome to the real world! It sucks. You're gonna love it!
欢迎来到现实的世界。它糟透了,但你会喜欢的!
[Time Lapse, Rachel and Ross are watching a TV channel finishes it's broadcast day by playing the national anthem.]
【Quote-175】
Monica: Well, that's it(To Ross) You gonna crash on the couch?
好啦,就到这。你要睡在沙发上吗?
【Quote-176】
Ross: No. No, I gotta go home sometime.
不,我要回家。
【Quote-177】
Monica: You be okay?
你没事吧?
Ross: Yeah.
没事。
【Quote-178】
Rachel: Hey Mon, look what I just found on the floor.(Monica smiles.)What?
嗨,看我在地板上发现什么?什么?
【Quote-179】
Monica: That's Paul's watch. You just put it back where you found it.
那是保罗的手表。放回原地就好了。
【Quote-180】
Monica:Alright. Goodnight, everybody.
好吧。晚安,各位。
Ross and Rachel: Goodnight.
晚安。
(Monica stomps on Paul's watch and goes into her room.)
(Ross and Rachel both reach for the last cookie)
【Quote-181】
Rachel:No, you have it, really, I don't want it.
不不,你吃吧,真的,我不想吃。
【Quote-182】
Ross: Split it?
分着吃?
Rachel:Okay.
好吧。
【Quote-183】
Ross: Okay. (They split it.)You know you probably didn't know this, but back in high school, I had a, um, major crush on you.
你大概不知道,我在高中时,曾经暗恋过你。
【Quote-184】
Rachel: I knew.
我知道。
【Quote-185】
Ross: You did! Oh.... I always figured you just thought I was Monica's geeky older brother.
你知道? 哦……我一直以为你认为我不过是莫妮卡的怪哥哥呢。
【Quote-186】
Rachel: I did.
确实如此。
【Quote-187】
Ross: Oh. Listen, do you think... and try not to let my intense vulnerability become any kind of a factor here... but do you think it would be okay if I asked you out? Sometime? Maybe?
听着,你是不是认为,尽量不要让我强烈的脆弱性成为这里的一个因素,但是你觉得我能约你出去吗?偶尔?有可能吗?
【Quote-188】
Rachel: Yeah, maybe...
当然,或许吧……
【Quote-189】
Ross: Okay... okay, maybe I will...
好,好,或许我会的……
【Quote-190】
Rachel: Goodnight.
晚安。
Ross: Goodnight.
晚安。
(Rachel goes into her room and Monica enters the living room as Ross is leaving.)
【Quote-191】
Monica:See ya.... Waitwait, what's with you?
再见……等等,你怎么了?
【Quote-192】
Ross: I just grabbed a spoon.(Ross exits and Monica has no idea what that means.)
我刚刚“拿起了勺子”!
Closing Credits
[Scene: Central Perk, everyone is there.]
【Quote-193】
Joey: I can't believe what I'm hearing here.
我真不敢相信我的耳朵。
Phoebe:(sings) I can't believe what I'm hearing here...
我真不敢相信我的耳朵。
【Quote-194】
Monica:What? I... I said you had a...
怎么了?我说你有一个……
Phoebe: (sings) What I said you had...
【Quote-195】
Monica:(to Phoebe) Would you stop?
你能不能不这么干?
【Quote-196】
Phoebe: Oh, was I doing it again?
噢,我的老毛病又犯了?
All: Yes!
是的!
【Quote-197】
Rachel: (walks up with a pot of coffee)Would anybody like more coffee?
有人要喝咖啡吗?
【Quote-198】
Chandler: Did you make it, or are you just serving it?
是你煮的?还只是你端过来而已?
【Quote-199】
Rachel:I'm just serving it.
我端来而已。
All:Yeah. Yeah, I'll have a cup of coffee.
好,好,给我来杯咖啡。
【Quote-200】
Chandler: Kids, new dream... I'm in Las Vegas.(Rachel sits down to hear Chandler's dream.) I'm Liza Minelli...
孩子们,我又做新梦了……我在拉斯维加斯。我是丽莎·明妮莉……
End
.