一、Warm-Up
1. literally adv. 确实,真正地,基本上就是;
That's literally all I have to say. 这基本上就是我要说的了。
literally 在口语中很常用,就像really 一样,用来强调你正在说的事情。
When you are not pursuing your goal, you are literally giving up on yourself. 当你不再追求你的目标时,你就真的是在自我放弃了。
这个句子里用literally 体现出说话者强调追求人生目标的重要性。
I literally have no idea what you are talking about. 我完全不知道你在说什么!
我真的不知道你来。
I literally had no idea you were coming.
父母简直愿意为他们的孩子做任何事情。
Patents would literally do anything for their children.
2. blow away 强烈影响,征服
I am absolutely blown away by the movie.我完全被这部电影征服了
1)blow away本意是吹走;
2)这里使用引申意,表示强烈影响,征服。be blown away by...被……所折服
3. come out in theaters 上映
I didn't go and see Black Panther when it first came out in theaters.黑豹刚上映的时候,我没去看。
关于电影的常用词汇:
be (playing) in a theater 正在上映;
trailer 预告片;
original soundtrack (OST)影视原声带;
special effect 特效
Do you know which movie won the Best Soundtrack this year? 你知道今年哪部电影拿到了最佳配乐吗?
OST and special effect (特效)是评价一部电影的重要方面
从预告片来看,这部电影的配乐和特效还蛮不错的。
You can tell from the trailer that the movie's soundtrack and special effects are pretty good.
4. immersive adj. 身临其境的
This movie can provide you with the most immersive experience.这部电影能够提供最让你身临其境的观影体验。
5. remotely adv. 微小的,一点儿;
I'm not remotely surprised that the movie performed so well in the box office.这个电影票房这么高,我一点儿也不惊讶。
not remotely surprised 一点儿也不惊讶
box office 票房;还有另一个意思是售票厅
关于票房的表达:
perform well in the box office 票房高;
break the box office records 打破票房记录‘
a box office hit 卖座电影;
这部正在上映的电影票房很高。
The movie that is playing in theaters performs so well in the box office.
6. clean up 包揽(所有奖项)
The movie cleaned up at the Oscars. 这部电影包揽了奥斯卡奖项。
7. give away 曝光,泄露
Be careful not to give away the new policy. 注意别泄露新政策。
1) give away 本意指送走,送给,放弃;
2) 这里指曝光,泄露;give away the ending 泄露(电影的)结局
8. spoiler n. 剧透
Judy hates hearing spoilers, it totally ruins movies for her. Judy 超级讨厌剧透,这对她来说完全毁了电影。
9. ruin v. 毁掉
Hearing spoilers can totally ruin the watching experience.
[C]. 废墟
10. absolutely adv. 绝对地
You're absolutely right about the soundtrack. 关于配乐,你说的简直太对了!
absolutely 绝对地,完全地;
a. 用来体现绝对,超级肯定的语气
b. 语气非常肯定的回答“yes"或 "no"
I am absolutely convinced that you will have a bright future. 我确信你会有一个光明的未来。
在”相信“之前加一个absolutely来表示更加肯定的语气。
不看恐怖片!我肯定会被吓到。
No thrillers! I will absolutely terrified.
绝对没有任何理由能让你错过期限。
There is absolutely no reason for you to miss the deadline.
绝对没有任何理由 absolutely no reason
绝对没有任何借口 absolutely no excuse
11. As it happens 事实上,其实吧
As it happens, Judy asked me if I would go to see it with her. 其实吧,Judy问我能不能和她一起去看。
As it happens 事实上,其实吧;和actually的意思相近,体现”可能会令对方惊讶,但确实是事实“的语气。
And I, as it happens, manage the applied math major at Oxford. 其实呢,我管理着牛津的应用数学专业。
其实吧,我刚买了一辆新的可以借给你。
As it happens, I've just got a new bike that I can lend to you.
实际上,那就是一个普通的瓶子,不是艺术品。
As it happens, it's just a plain bottle, not artwork.
二、Translate the sentence
1. 当然了!最近有好多新电影上映。
Absolutely! There are a lot of new movies coming out in theaters.
absolutely 比yes,sure, of course 等回答体现出更强烈的开心和赞同。
2. 票房挺高,而且我看过它的预告片。
It performs well in box office and I have seen its trailer.
票房表现就用perform 这个词。
3. 超赞,我完全被电影特效和配乐征服了。
Amazing! I was literally blown away by the special effects and soundtracks.
被征服 be blown away
特效和配音 special effects and soundtrack
4. 它能给人更身临其境的体验
It can offer a more immersive experience.
令人身临其境的体验 an immersive experience
5. 其实吧,市中心新开了一家电影院。
As it happens, there is a new cinema in the downtown.
6. 我超级讨厌剧透,真的会毁坏观影体验。
I hate hearing the spoilers. It can literally ruin the watching experience.
剧透 spoiler [C]
用literally 加重语气,强调的表达出讨厌剧透的语气
毁坏 ruin