Let life be beautiful || like summer flowers and death (like autumn) leaves.
使生如夏花之绚烂,死如秋叶之静美。
1
Stray birds (of summer) come to my window to sing and fly away.夏天的飞鸟,飞到我窗前唱歌,又飞去了。
And yellow leaves (of autumn, (which have no songs),) flutter and fall there [with a sigh].秋天的黄叶,它们没有什么可唱,只叹息一声,飞落在那里。
2
O troupe (of little vagrants (of the world)), leave your footprints [in my words].世界上的一队小小的漂泊者呀,请留下你们的足印在我的文字里。
3
The world puts off its mask (of vastness) [to its lover].世界对着它的爱人,把它浩瀚的面具揭下了。
It becomes small [as one song], [as one kiss (of the eternal)].它变小了,小如一首歌,小如一回永恒的接吻。
4
It is the tears (of the earth | that keep her smiles in bloom).是大地的泪点,使她的微笑保持着青春不谢。
5
The mighty desert is burning (for the love (of a blade (of grass (who shakes her head and laughs and flies)))) away.无垠的沙漠热烈追求一叶绿草的爱,她摇摇头笑着飞开了。
6
If you shed tears || when you miss the sun, || you also miss the stars.如果你因失去了太阳而流泪,那么你也将失去群星了。
7
The sands (in your way) beg | [for your song and your movement], [dancing water.Will] you carry the burden (of their lameness)?跳舞着的流水呀,在你途中的泥沙,要求你的歌声,你的流动呢。你肯挟瘸足的泥沙而俱下么?
8
Her wishful face haunts my dreams [like the rain] [at night].她的热切的脸,如夜雨似的,搅扰着我的梦魂。
9
[Once] we dreamt | that we were strangers.有一次,我们梦见大家都是不相识的。
10
We wake up to find | that we were dear [to each other].我们醒了,却知道我们原是相亲相爱的。
11
Some unseen fingers, <like an idle breeze>, are playing [[upon my heart]] the music (of the ripples).有些看不见的手指,如懒懒的微飔似的,正在我的心上奏着潺湲的乐声。
12
"What language is thine, O sea?"“海水呀,你说的是什么?”
"The language (of eternal question)."“是永恒的疑问。”
"What language is thy answer, O sky?"“天空呀,你回答的话是什么?”
"The language (of eternal silence)."“是永恒的沉默。”
13
Listen, my heart, to the whispers (of the world (with which it makes love [to you])).静静地听,我的心呀,听那世界的低语,这是它对你求爱的表示呀。
14
The mystery (of creation) is like the darkness (of night) -- || it is | great.Delusions (of knowledge) are like the fog (of the morning).创造的神秘,有如夜间的黑暗——是伟大的。而知识的幻影却不过如晨间之雾。
15
Do not seat your love [upon a precipice] || because it is high.不要因为峭壁是高的,便让你的爱情坐在峭壁上。
16
I sit at my window [this morning] || where the world (like a passer-by) stops for a moment, nods to me and goes.
我今晨坐在窗前,世界如一个路人似的,停留了一会,向我点点头又走过去了。