F: Hey, I’ve got some news, some good news and some bad news.
嘿,我有一些消息,好消息和坏消息。
M: OK, give me the bad news first.
哦,先说下坏消息。
F: We're moving to a new office.
我们要搬去新的办公室。
M: When is this going to happen?
什么时候?
F: We are supposed to move at the end of next month.
大概下个月底搬。
M: How far away is the new office?
新的办公室远吗?
F: We are not sure yet, but it will mean a longer commute for most of us. The new office will probably be on the other side of the city.
还不确定,但对我们大多数人来说通勤时间应该更长。新的办公室可能在市区的另一边。
M: The commute is already too long for me and I’m not going to change flats. We just bought one. Anyway, what’s the good news?
我的通勤时间已经很长了,我不会换公寓,我们刚买了房。那好消息是什么呢?
F: The good news is that we are going to expand. The company is growing so we are gonna hire more people.
好消息是我们要扩张。公司在发展,所以我们要雇更多的人。
M: Well, I’ve got some news for you too.
嗯,我也有消息要告诉你。
F: I hope it’s a good news.
希望是个好消息。
M: Well, that depends on your point of view. I’m planning to start my own business.
那要看你怎么想了,我打算自己创业。
F: Why? I thought you were happy working here.
为什么?我以为你在这里工作很开心。
M: I like the work, but I’m not learning anything new. I think I can do better on my own. I was planning to wait a few months. But now that the office is moving, I’m ready to make the change.
我喜欢这份工作,但我没有学到什么新东西,我想我自己创业可以做到更好。我本来打算等几个月,但是现在办公室要搬家了,我准备做些改变了。
F: What does your wife think?
你妻子怎么看?
M: She’s in favor of it and she'll help me. She’s already designing a website. We’ll work from home at first.
她支持我,她会帮助我的。她已经在设计一个网站了,我们先在家工作。
F: So you really are serious about this? You’re taking a big risk. Most new businesses fail.
那你是认真的吗?你在冒很大的风险,大多数新公司都失败了。
M: Yes, I know, but if I don’t do it now, I never will. I’m tired of working for others.
是的,我知道,但是如果我现在不做,我永远都不会做了。我厌倦了为别人工作。
F: I know what you mean.
我懂你的意思。
M: Don’t tell anyone about this, OK? It’s still a secret.
别告诉任何人,好吗?这还是个秘密。
F: Sure, I won’t say anything to anybody. I’m sure this will come as a surprise to everyone.
当然,我不会告诉任何人,我相信这会让大家大吃一惊。
M: I’m sure changing offices will also come as a surprise to people. This is exactly why I want to work on my own. I don’t like these kinds of surprises.
我相信换办公室也会让大家感到意外。这正是我想自己创业的原因,我不喜欢这种意外。
F: You are right about that. When are you gonna let people know?
你说得对。你什么时候告诉大家?
M: I’ll make the announcement at the beginning of next month.
下月初我会宣布的。
Level 3 - Unit 3 - Part 3 Dialogue - Good News & Bad News(好消息和坏消息)
©著作权归作者所有,转载或内容合作请联系作者
- 文/潘晓璐 我一进店门,熙熙楼的掌柜王于贵愁眉苦脸地迎上来,“玉大人,你说我怎么就摊上这事。” “怎么了?”我有些...
- 文/花漫 我一把揭开白布。 她就那样静静地躺着,像睡着了一般。 火红的嫁衣衬着肌肤如雪。 梳的纹丝不乱的头发上,一...
- 文/苍兰香墨 我猛地睁开眼,长吁一口气:“原来是场噩梦啊……” “哼!你这毒妇竟也来了?” 一声冷哼从身侧响起,我...
推荐阅读更多精彩内容
- W:Hey, I’ve got some news, some good news and some bad ne...
- 1. Hey, I’ve got some news, some good news and some bad n...
- Hey, I’ve got some news, some good news and some bad news...
- 1. Hey, I’ve got some news, some good news and some bad n...
- Hey, I’ve got some news, some good news and some bad news...