勃朗宁夫人十四行诗之一

Can it be right to give what I can give?              给,我所能给予的,是否不够道德?

To let thee sit beneath the fall of tears          是否不够道德,只能让你置身于泪雨下,

As salt as mine, and hear the sighing years    苦涩, 听我太息的年华,

Re-sighing on my lips renunciative                    绕我舌边一再叹息,

Through those infrequent smiles which fail to live

哪怕你严辞祈求

For all thy adjurations? O my fears,                    也无法挽救我稍纵即逝的微笑?

That this can scarce be right! We are not peers,

我只怕不对,哪能不恐惧!

So to be lovers; and I own, and grieve,

我们算不得同行者,更不是爱人;

That givers of such gifts as mine are, must

我承认,我悲伤,我这样的给予者,

Be counted with the ungenerous. Out, alas!

给予的必定不足。唉,离开吧!

I will not soil thy purple with my dust,

我不想你的紫袍沾染我的灰尘,

Nor breathe my poison on thy Venice-glass,

不愿意把我的毒气呼进你的威尼斯酒杯,

Nor give thee any love --- which were unjust.

也不会显示给你一丝爱意——那不公平。

Belovèd, I love only thee! let it pass.

我爱,我就爱你好了!其他不在我意

       

©著作权归作者所有,转载或内容合作请联系作者
【社区内容提示】社区部分内容疑似由AI辅助生成,浏览时请结合常识与多方信息审慎甄别。
平台声明:文章内容(如有图片或视频亦包括在内)由作者上传并发布,文章内容仅代表作者本人观点,简书系信息发布平台,仅提供信息存储服务。

相关阅读更多精彩内容

友情链接更多精彩内容