That will be true success
本文摘录来自英国高中课程 也是英国学生的大学入学考试课程
虽说是大学,但是我觉得适合每个人,不分年龄,不分职业,不分性别,不分国籍,不分穷富。
校长:
Today's assembly is about the start of a journey.
今天的集会代表着一个全新的开始。
The start of the rest of your lives.
它将开启你们今后的一生。
In 2 years time all of you will be finishing your A levels
再过两年的时间,你们就会完成A levels 的学业。
In 3 years time you'll be studying across the world
再过三年的时间,你们就会去自己想去的国家
studying at the university of your choice.
上自己想上的大学。
In 5 years time you'll have started your careers.
再过五年的时间,你们就会开启自己的职业生涯。
Many of you will be in this room working for the top institutions across the globe.
在座的很多同学会进入世界上顶尖的公司工作。
You will then get married, you then may buy a house.
然后你们结婚,买房。
In 10 years time your life will be set for you.
十年之后,你的人生就会安定下来。
In 15 years you'll be 30 and from then on your path, you life will be set
再过十五年,你就三十了,你的人生轨迹就会定型。
不知名的学生:
I'm sorry Mr.Headmaster.
不好意思,校长。
let me tell you why that approach may fail you
让我来解释一下你所说的这些为什么是错的。
I know people who graduated at 21 and didn't get a job until they were 27.
我认识的人中,有的人21岁毕业, 到27岁才找到工作。
I know people who graduated late at 25 and they found work immediately.
有的人25岁才毕业,但一毕业就找到了工作。
I know people who never went to university, but found what they love at 18.
有的人没有上过大学,却在18 岁就找到了热爱的事。
I know people who found a job straight out of college making decent money,but hate what they do.
有的人一毕业就找到了一份高薪的工作,却不喜欢自己做的事情。
I know people who took gap years and found their purpose.
有的人选择间隔年(毕业之后工作之前)去寻找自我。
I know people who were so sure about what they were going to do at 16,they change their min at 26.
有的人在16岁就清楚知道自己想要什么,但在26岁却改变了想法。
I know people who have children but are single,
有的人有了孩子,却还是单身,
and I know people who are married but had to wait 8 to 10 years to have children.
有的人结了婚,却等了8到10年才要孩子。
I know people in relationships who love someone else.
有的人身处一段情感之中,爱的却是别人。
I know people who love each other but aren't together.
有的人明明彼此相爱,却没有走到一起。
So my point is everything in life happens according to our time,our clock.
我想说的是,人生中做的每一件事都取决于我们的时间安排。
Be patient.
耐性一点。
At age 25,Mark Cuban was a bartender in Dallas.
库班25岁的时候还在酒吧做酒保。
It took till 32 for J.K. Rowling to be published for Harry Potter after beging rejected by 12 publishers.
JK罗琳到32岁才出版了哈利波特,在那之前她已经被拒绝了12次。
Ortega launched Zara When he was 39.
ORTEGA(奥尔特加)到39岁才创办ZARA。
Jack Ma started Alibaba when was 35.
马云35岁才建立阿里巴巴。
Morgan Freeman got his big break at 52.
摩根·弗里曼直到52岁的时候,才迎来他演艺高峰。
Steve Carell only got his break after 40 years old.
史蒂夫·卡瑞尔在40岁之后,才开始大红大紫。
Virgin was started by Richard Branson at 34.
Richard Branson在34岁才创办维珍航空。
Getting your degree after 25 is still an achievement.
即使25岁后才拿到文凭,也依然值得骄傲。
Not being married at 30 but still happy is beautiful.
30岁还没结婚,但只要过得快乐,就也是一种幸福。
Starting a family after 35 is still possible
35岁之后成家也完全可以。
and buying a house after 40 is still great.
40岁买房也没什么丢脸的。
Don't let anyone rush you with their timelines.
不要让任何人打乱你自己的时间表。
Because as Einstein said,
因为爱因斯坦曾经说过:
"Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that's counted truly counts."
并不是每一件算得出来的事都有意义,也不是每一件有意义的事,都能够被算得出来。
And this is the most important thing,
真正重要的是:
I want you to be able to create meaningful, purposeful fullfilling lives for yourselves.
我希望你们能够创造一个属于自己并充满意义的人生。
and learn how to use that to make an impact and a difference in the lives of others.
并由此学会如何影响他人,点亮他人的生命。
That will be true.
这才是真正的成功。
以上摘录来自视频:http://card.weibo.com/video/h5/detail?object_id=2017607:85d35b56514b8a0caae45ea7bcc1fddd
我:
正如上述英国某校长说的那样,用时间阐述了一个普通人一生的生活,这是可能是大多数人想要的生活方式,但是极少数人却不想过校长所说的生活,因在他们拥有着很无比的自律,正如那个学生所说的:不让任何人打乱自己的时间安排。我相信自己能够屌丝逆袭,咸鱼翻身。