前景提要:夏洛克终于知道了神秘符号的真实含义,但此时单帮主将华生误认为是卷福,并将他和莎拉一起抓走了。危急时刻,卷福总算是赶到了......
S:You should, you know. Sherlock Holmes is nothing at all like him. How would you describe me, John? Resourceful? Dynamic? Enigmatic? 你应该相信。夏洛克跟他毫不沾边。约翰,你如何评价我?足智多谋?意气风发?高深莫测?
W:Late? 姗姗来迟还差不多?
S:That's a semi-automatic. If you fire it, the bullet will travel at over 1,000 metres per second. 那是半自动手枪。如果你开火,子弹将以每秒一千多米的速度行进。
Shan:Well? 那又如何?
S:Well.....the radiuscurvature of these walls is nearly four metres. If you miss, the bullet willricochet. Could hit anyone. Might even bounce off the tunnel and hit you. 是呀…此地围墙的半径曲率接近四米。如果你射偏,子弹会反弹。子弹无眼。甚至可能反弹回来射中你自己。
S:It's all right.没You're going to be all right. It's over now. 你会没事的。一切都过去了。
W:Don't worry. Next date won't be like this. 别担心。下次约会不会这样了。
S:We'll just slip off. No need to mention us in your report. 我们先闪了。别在报告提起我们。
D:Mr Holmes... 福尔摩斯先生
S:I have high hopes for you, Inspector. A glittering career. 我对你期望甚高,探长。你可是前途无量。
D:I go where you point me. 还请你多多指教。
S:Exactly.明白就好。
W:So, nine million.九百万。
S:Million.上百万啊。
W:Million , yes. Nine million for Jade pin dragon den black tramway.九百万的玉簪龙穴黑色电车道。
S:An instruction to all their London operatives. A message. What they were trying to reclaim.是给伦敦所有同党的指引。讯息就是他们急需找回的东西。
W:What, a jade pin?什么,玉簪吗?
S:Worth 9 million pounds. Bringit to the Tramway, their London hideout. 价值九百万英镑。送到他们位于伦敦的据点,也正是这条电车轨道经过的地方。
W:Hang on. A hairpin worth 9 million pounds?等等。发簪居然值九百万英镑?
S:Apparently.显然如此。
W:Why so much? 为什么这么值钱?
S:Depends who owned it. Two operatives based in London. They travel over to Dalian to smuggle those vases. One of them helps himself to something, a little hairpin. 关键在于当初它的主人是谁。两名伦敦的走私贩,前往大连走私古董花瓶。其中有人顺手牵羊,拿了个小发簪。
W:Worth 9 million pounds.价值九百万。
S:Eddie Van Coon was thethief, he stole the treasure when he was in China. 范孔就是窃贼,他在中国时偷走了这件珍宝。
W:How do you know it was VanCoon, not Lukis? Even the killer didn’t know that. 你怎么知道是范孔而不是路基斯?就连凶手都不知道。
S:Because of the soap.因为洗手液。
Amanda:Amanda? 我是阿曼达。
S:He brought you a present.他送你礼物了。
Amanda: Oh, hello.你是哪位。
S:A little gift when he came back from China.从中国回来后他给你带了件小礼物。
Amanda: How do you know that?你怎么知道?
S:You weren't just his PA, were you?你并非单纯是他的私人助理,对吧?
Amanda: Someone's been gossiping.有人说三道四了。
S:No.不。
Amanda: Then I don’t understand why…那我就不明白了…
S:Scented hand soap in his apartment. 300ml of it. Bottle almost finished.他公寓里的芳香洗手液。300毫升装。快用完了。
Amanda: Sorry...?抱歉…?我不明白。
S:I don't think Eddie Van Coon was the type of chap to buy himself hand soap, not unless he had a lady coming over. And it's the same brand as that hand cream there on your desk. 范孔看着不象是会用洗手液的人,除非有女士经常到访。和你桌子上的手霜是同一品牌。
Amanda: Look, it wasn't serious between us. It was over in a flash, it couldn't last. He was my boss.我俩都没把这当真。不过是逢场作戏而已。他是我的上司。
S:What happened? Why did you end it? 出什么事了?你为什么结束?
Amanda: I thought he didn't appreciate me. Took me for granted. Stood me up once too often. We'd plan to go away for the
weekend, and then he'd just leave. Fly off to China at a moment's notice. 我觉得他不重视我,根本没把我当回事,经常放我鸽子。我们本计划外出度周末,他却突然离开。招呼也不打就飞到中国去了。
S:And he brought you a presentfrom abroad to say sorry. Can I just have a look at it? 为表歉意他从国外给你带回了礼物。我能看看吗?
Sebastian: He really climbed up onto the balcony?他真的从外墙爬进阳台的吗?
W:Nail a plank across the window and all your problems are over. Thanks. 在窗户上钉个十字板条,你的问题就解决了。谢谢。
Amanda: He said he bought it in a street market. 他说是从街边集市买的。
S:Oh, I don't think that's true. I think he pinched it.未必如此。我认为是他偷的。
Amanda: Yeah, that's Eddie.对,他一贯如此。
S:Didn't know its value, just thought it would suit you.他不知它的价值,只是觉得你戴很合适。
Amanda: Oh? What's it worth? 是吗?值多少?
S:9 million pounds. 九百万英镑。
Amanda: Oh, my God. Oh, my God! Nine million?! 我的天呐。上帝呀!九百万?
W:Over 1,000 years old and it's sitting on her bedside table every night. 千年古董,每晚就放在她床头几上。
S:He didn't know its value. Didn't know why they were chasing him. 他不知道此物价值连城。也不懂为何有人对他穷追不舍。
W:Should we just got her a lucky cat. You mind, don’t you? 是不是该给她送个招财猫。你介意吧?
S:What? 什么?
W:That she escaped. General Shan. 单帮主。她逃之夭夭了。
S:It's not enough that we got her two henchmen. Must be a vast network, John. Thousands of operatives. You and I, we barely scratched the surface.剪除她两个党羽这还远远不够。外面肯定还有张天罗地网,约翰。成千上万的黑道中人。你我所及不过冰山一角。
W:You cracked the code though, Sherlock. And maybe Dimmock can track down all of them now he knows it.夏洛克,你破译了他们的密码。迪默克掌握了情况或许能抽丝剥茧。
S:No. No, I crack this code, all the smugglers have to do is pick up another book.没用的,破译了这个密码,走私犯只需再换本书就行。
Shan: Without you... without your assistance, we would not have found passage into London. You have my thanks.若没有您…没有您的协助,我们根本没法来到伦敦。衷心感谢。
M: Gratitude is meaningless. It is only the expectation of further favours.感谢毫无意义。不过是指望再施援手。
Shan: We did not anticipate... We did not know this man would come. This Sherlock Holmes. And now your safety is compromised.我们没有意料到…不知道那人会插手此事。那个夏洛克福尔摩斯。如今你的安危堪舆。
M: They cannot trace this back to me.他们不可能追查到我。
Shan: I will not reveal your identity.我不会泄露你身份。
M: I am certain.毋庸置疑。