过去进行时
使用过去进行时表示过去发生并持续了一段时间的一个动作或事件。用动词 be 的过去时和动词的 + ing 形式构成过去进行时。
A: I met Elsa in Spain. I was visiting my brother in Madrid. We were eating tapas, and she walked into the restaurant.我在西班牙碰见了 Elsa。我当时正在马德里看望我的兄弟。我们正在餐馆吃西班牙塔帕,这时她走了进来。
B: Were you hoping to find a girlfriend?你当时想着找女朋友吗?
A: No, I was just lucky. I really wasn't trying to find a girlfriend.没,我只是走运罢了。我当时真没想着找女朋友。
注意,过去进行时态常用于介绍或提供故事的背景信息。
So, I was driving in my car. Then I saw the accident.因此,我当时在开车。然后看到了事故的发生。
Was he going to school?
他去上学吗?
What was she doing?
她在做什么?
He was swimming in the pool.
他在游泳池游泳。
I was visiting her brother.
我在探望她的兄弟。
We were painting pictures.
我们在作画。
Were you having a good time?
你玩得开心吗?
讲故事的惯用方法
描述过去发生的事情时,使用这些常见的讲故事的惯用方法。
故事背景中的过去进行时
设定故事背景时,使用过去进行时态
Let me tell you the story about how I met Shane. I was sitting in the movie theater. 我告诉你我是怎么遇见 Shane 的故事。我坐在电影院里。
开头和结尾
你讲的故事应该有头有尾。
I was sitting in the movie theater. He dropped his pizza on his shoes. I helped him clean up, and we left together. 我坐在电影院里。他把披萨掉自己鞋上了,我帮他弄干净,然后一起离开了。
眼神交流和手势
在讲故事时,有效运用肢体语言,可以让故事更加吸引人。开始讲时,注视听众的眼睛,尽量保持眼神交流。你还可以使用手势来帮助说明事情。
I caught a really big fish.(伸出双手放在两旁,展示鱼的长度。)
I couldn't believe it!(伸出双手,掌心朝上,表示难以相信。)
My stomach really hurt.(把手放在肚子上表示疼痛。)
讲故事的惯用方法
描述过去发生的事情时,使用这些常见的讲故事的惯用方法。
故事背景中的过去进行时
设定故事背景时,使用过去进行时态
Let me tell you the story about how I met Shane. I was sitting in the movie theater. 我告诉你我是怎么遇见 Shane 的故事。我坐在电影院里。
开头和结尾
你讲的故事应该有头有尾。
I was sitting in the movie theater. He dropped his pizza on his shoes. I helped him clean up, and we left together. 我坐在电影院里。他把披萨掉自己鞋上了,我帮他弄干净,然后一起离开了。
故事事件的排序
使用类似表达开始故事。
At first, I didn't like him.起初,我不喜欢他。
In the beginning, he seemed unfriendly.刚开始,他看起来不是很友好。
使用类似表达继续讲述故事。
Later, we started talking in the break room.后来,我们在休息室开始交谈。
After that, we had lunch a couple of times.之后,我们一起吃过几次午饭。
Next, we went on a date.接下来,我们约会了。
使用类似表达结束故事。
Finally, he asked me to marry him.最后,他要我嫁给他。
In the end, we got married and had three children.最后,我们结婚,生了三个孩子。
At first, they were just playing tennis together.
起初,他们只是一起打网球。
Then they were sending each other texts.
后来,他们互相发送短信。
In the end, they made a date.
最后,他们约会了。
In the beginning, she thought he was angry.
起初,她以为他生气了。
Later, he was calling her every day.
后来,他每天给她打电话。
After that, she met his parents.
在这之后,她见了他的父母。