固定场合用语:
主动提供帮助:
Let me help you with this.
告诉对方不要着急:
Take your time.
Don't worry.
道贺:
Congratulations!
为未来某事感到兴奋:
I can’t wait to see to that.
I'm so excited about that.
常用口语:
A woman puts her suitcase on the seat next to him.
一个女人把她的行李箱放在了他旁边的座位上。
He puts her suitcase in the overhead rack.
他把她的行李箱放在了头上的行李架上
Is this seat taken?
这里有人坐吗?
Do you want to sit by the window?
你想挨着窗户坐吗?
No, I like the aisle seat better.
不,我想挨着走廊坐
They shake hands. 他们握手。
A man next to me was smoking, and smoke really bothers me.
坐在我旁边的男人一直在抽烟,烟味真的让我很困扰。
My house is only a few miles away from the forest park!
我住的地方离森林公园只有几公里远
He couldn’t take time off to come to New York with me.
他抽不出时间和我一起去纽约
I sold the house and the furniture, put a few personal things in an old trunk, and shipped it to my children in New York.
我卖掉了房子和家具,把一些私人物品放在了一个老旧的大箱子,然后把它寄给了我在纽约的孩子
That’s my destination. 那是我的目的地
We’ve got lots of wonderful memories together.
我们一起有很多美好的回忆
To be exact.
准确的说,(常放在句首或句尾)
I just retired. 我刚刚退休了
I had my own company. 我有自己的公司
I do have very close friends in New York, we like to go to the theater together.
我有非常亲密的朋友,我们喜欢一起去剧院
Yes, indeed. 对,没错。
I try to teach my kids the importance of independence. 我试图教会我孩子们独立的重要性
单词:
bother: annoy, trouble 烦恼,打扰
permanently. 长期地,一直地
independence 独立性
anniversary 纪念日
overhead 头顶上的,在头顶,在上空
rack 行李架
aisle 通道,走廊,侧道
furniture 家具
ship 运,寄 ship sth to sb 把 ...寄给谁