Jeremy is at his coworker's place to help him move. Albert,his coworker,is moving out this Sunday. The two are also best friends.
杰里米在他同事家帮他搬家。他的同事艾尔伯特这个星期天要搬出去。两人也是最好的朋友。
Jeremy & Albert
Jeremy: Albert同事兼朋友
Albert: 男主,研究生刚毕业不久,跨国公司程序员
Albert: Hi bro,you made it! What did I tell you? You wouldn't leave me to pack on my own.
艾尔伯特: 嗨,兄弟,你太好了! 我怎么跟你说的? 你不会让我一个人收拾行李的。
Jeremy: Yep. Hey! Do you have any idea who your neighbor is?
杰里米: 是的。嘿! 你知道你的邻居是谁吗?
Albert: My neighbor? Nope,I didn't even notice I had one.
艾尔伯特: 我的邻居吗? 没有,我甚至没有注意到我有一个。
Jeremy: I'm telling you,I saw her walking into that apartment and she is really gorgeous!
杰里米: 我告诉你,我看见她走进那间公寓,她真的很漂亮!
Albert: Well,that has nothing to do with me anyway! All I want to do is get rid of this place and my stupid roommates as soon as possible. Maybe you can knock on her door and introduce yourself once we're done here.
艾尔伯特: 嗯,那跟我一点关系都没有! 我只想尽快摆脱这个地方和我愚蠢的室友。一旦我们忙完了,也许你可以敲她的门,介绍一下你自己。
Jeremy: Sure. That's what I was thinking!
杰里米: 当然。我也是这么想的!
Albert: OK. Let's pack all my messy stuff first,starting with the closet. Look at it. So many useless clothes that I never wear.
艾尔伯特: 好的。让我们先把我所有的脏东西打包,从衣柜开始。看它。这么多我从来没穿过的没用的衣服。
Jeremy: Why don't you donate some to a charity?
杰里米: 你为什么不捐给慈善机构呢?
Albert: Good idea! I'll sort some out later on.
艾尔伯特: 好主意! 我以后再整理。
Jeremy: By the way,where are your roommates? I remember you share this apartment with two schoolmates.
杰里米: 顺便问一下,你的室友呢? 我记得你和两个同学合住这个公寓。
Albert: I don't know. They left the hourse an hour ago.
艾尔伯特: 我不知道。他们一小时前就离开了。
Jeremy: You guys don't seem to get along too well,huh?
杰里米: 你们好像处得不太好,是吧?
Albert: You bet. They are both weirdos.
艾尔伯特: 你说对了。他们都是怪人。
Jeremy: Well,luckily you're moving out tomorrow. Tell me,what's your new apartment like? I haven't seen its pictures.
杰里米: 幸好你明天就要搬出去了。告诉我,你的新公寓怎么样? 我没有看过它的照片。
Albert: Oh,sorry. My bad! It's a studio just under 400 square feet.
艾尔伯特: 哦,对不起。我的错! 这是一间不足400平方英尺的单间公寓。
Jeremy: Wow,a STUDIO apartment! Cool!
杰里米: 哇,一套单间公寓! 太酷了!
Albert: Yeah,I almost take it the moment I saw it. But I waited a little bit instead. Didn't want to seem too desperate!
艾尔伯特: 是的,我一看到它就差点买了。但我还是等了一会儿。不想显得太渴望!
Jeremy: Can't wait to see it in person.
杰里米: 等不及要亲眼看看了。
Albert: OK. Enough chit-chat. Could you help me bundle all my books together and put them in the cardboard box?
艾尔伯特: 好的。闲谈结束。你能帮我把我所有的书捆在一起放进纸箱里吗?
Jeremy: At your service.
杰里米: 听候您的差遣。
本课生词总结
gorgeous:漂亮的
closet:衣柜
weirdo:怪人
studio:单身公寓
chit-chat:闲聊,闲谈
bundle:捆绑
cardboard box:纸箱