1. There is a great big elephant in the room called economy.
经济是个重要,而又常被避开的话题。
2. And I will try and give you a sense of what the ultimate reboot looks like.
同时尝试展示给你们看终极的复苏会是怎样的。
3. Those three trends are, the ability to engineer cells, the ability to engineer tissues and robots.
细胞工程,组织工程,机器人工程
4. Mandatory spending on what we call “entitlements”
强制性开销在我们所谓的“权利”上。
5. Chinese Prime Minister reiterated this at Davos last Sunday.
中国国务院总理上周日在达沃斯又重申了这一点。
6. Then all bets are off.
结果/投资将会不堪设想。
7. And you’ve got to start banishing a word that’s called “entitlement.”
并且你必须开始不再使用“权益”这个词。
8. The orange slice is what’s discretionary.
橙色部分是自由资金。
9. Everything else is mandated.
别的都是强制性的。
10. Capping our medical spending.
封住医疗支出。
11. Your retirement pension just got nailed.
你的退休金刚刚只是受到一些影响。
12. Address the problem in time.
及时重视这个问题
13. Among other things, because startup companies are .02 percent of U.S.GDP investment, and they are about 17.8 percent of output.
不说别的,就只说新晋的公司只占美国GDP的投资的0.02%,却带来了17.8%的产出。
14. lead to a reboot
导向的复苏
15. Let me recap some of the stuff you have seen.
让我重述一些你们所见过的东西。
16. You can insert DNA and have it boot up as a different species.
你能植入DNA,并且启动它,变成另一个物种。
17. In parallel, the folks in MIT have been building a standard registry of biological parts.
与此同时, MIT 的那群人开始制定生物器官的标准注册表。
18. So think of it as a Radio Shack for biology.
可以把这些想象成一股生物界的震荡波。
19. You can go out and get your proteins, your RNA, your DNA, whatever and start building stuff.
你可以获得你的蛋白质,RNA, DNA,或者任何东西,并开始制造东西。
20. When they are growing in the exponential phase, they would smell like wintergreen.
这样这些细胞就能在指数增长阶段时,散发除鹿蹄草的味道。
21. engineer the substance in red wine.
改造红酒里的物质
22. Cancer-fighting beer!
抗癌啤酒
23. An almost-extinct animal from Xochimilco, Mexico, called axolotl, that can re-generate its limbs. You can freeze half its heart. It regrows. You can freeze half the brain. It regrows.
一种几乎灭绝的生物,生活在霍奇米尔科,墨西哥,叫做蝾螈. 它可以重新长出它的四肢。你能冷藏它的半颗心脏,它会再长出来。你可以冷藏它的一半大脑,它会再长出来。
24. But now, you don’t have to have the animal itself to regenerate, because you can build cloned mice molars in petri dishes. And if you can do that, you can also grow human molars in petri dishes.
但是现在你不必让动物自行重生了,因为你能在培养皿里制造克隆的老鼠的磨牙。如果你能这么做,那么你就也能在培养皿里生长人类的磨牙。
25. Now you have cochlear implants that go into people’s heads and allow the deaf to begin to hear.
目前又有把耳蜗植入,进入人们的脑袋内,让失聪的人开始能听见。
26. Very primitive. 非常简单。
27. The origin of species. 物种起源