F: What’s in that big box you are carrying?
你拿的那个大盒子里是什么?
M: It’s a new desk. I just bought it and now I have to put it together.
一张新书桌,我刚买的,现在得把它装起来。
F: Do you need any help?
需要帮忙吗?
M: No, I don’t think so. I just need to get my tools. I’ll need a screwdriver and maybe a hammer.
不需要,我只需要拿上工具。我需要一把螺丝刀,也许还得有一把锤子。
F: Don’t forget to read the instructions.
别忘了看说明书。
F: How are things going?
怎么样了?
M: I’m almost finished.
差不多好了。
F: Something doesn’t look right to me. The right side is higher than the left side.
有些地方看起来不对,桌子右边比左边高。
M: Oh, you are right. It looks like I put a couple of screws into the wrong places.
哦,你说得对。看来我把一对螺丝拧错位置了。
F: So now you'll have to take it apart.
所以现在你得拆开。
M: Great. And I thought I was almost finished.
是的,我以为差不多完成了。
F: I told you to read the instructions. Did you read them?
我说过让你看说明书的,你看了吗?
M: No, I didn’t read them. I hate to read instructions. I looked at them, but they were confusing.
我没看,我讨厌看说明书。我看说明书会糊涂。
F: Well, this is what happens when you don’t. You were too impatient. Anyway, what can I do to help you?
好吧,如果你不看就会发生这样的事,你太没耐心了。不管怎样,需要我帮忙吗?
M: Could you get another screwdriver and help me unscrew some of these screws?
你能再拿把螺丝刀帮我把这些螺丝拧下来吗?
F: OK, but next time please read the instructions.
好的,不过下次记得看说明书。