阿甘正传

(一)

你好我叫福雷斯  福雷斯·甘

Hello. My name’s Forrest Forrest Gump.

要吃巧克力吗?

Do you want a chocolate?

我能吃掉上150万块巧克力

I could eat about a million and a half of these.

我妈妈常说

My mama always said

人生就像一盒各式各样的巧克力

Life was like a box of chocolates.

你永远不知道下一块将会是哪种

You never know what you’re going to get.

那双鞋子一定很舒适

Those must be comfortable shoes.

穿这样的鞋子你可以走上一整天

I bet you could walk all day in shoes like that

脚都不会痛

and not feel a thing.

我希望能有一双这样的鞋子

I wish I had shoes like that.

其实我的脚很痛

My feet hurt.

妈妈常说要想知道一个人的很多事情

Mama always said there’s an awful lot

只要看看他穿的鞋就能知道

you can tell about a person by their shoes.

他会往哪里走

Where they‘re going,

他住在哪里

where they‘ve been.

我穿过很多双鞋子

I’ve worn lots of shoes.

如果我仔细想的话

I bet if I think about it real hard

我能记得我第一双鞋子的模样

I could remember my first pair of shoes.

妈妈说它会带我到任何地方

Mama said they d take me anywhere.

她说它是双魔鞋

She said they were my magic shoes.

a million and a half

150万,这里指很多块,夸张的说法。

not feel a thing

丝毫没有感觉

eg: I bet I can go one hour in your class this morning and not feel a thing!

我打赌我今天在健身班运动一小时之后丝毫不累。

an awful lot

相当多,非常多

eg:And so government purchases an awful lot of cars for all kinds of things.

所以政府购买了相当多的汽车用于各种各样的事情。

(二)

她说它是双魔鞋

She said they was my magic shoes.

好的福雷斯  张开双眼

All right, Forrest, Open your eyes now.

你走几步看看

Let‘s take a little walk around.

感觉如何?

How do those feel?

他的双腿很强壮甘太太

His legs are strong, Mrs. Gump,

是我见过最强壮的

as strong as I‘ve ever seen.

但是他的背象政客一样弯

But his back s as crooked as a politician.

但我们会让他再直起来对吧?

But we re going to straighten him right up, aren‘t we, Forrest?

福雷斯!

Forrest!

我刚出世时

Now, when I was a baby,

妈妈用了一位内战英雄的名字为我取名

Mama named me after the great Civil War hero

内森贝·弗福雷斯将军

General Nathan Bedford Forrest.

她说我们有点亲戚关系

She said we was related to him in some way.

他做过的事情是:

What he did was,

建立了一个俱乐部叫三K党

he started up this club called the Ku Klux Klan.

他们全披着长袍和床单

They‘d all dress up in their robes and their bed sheets

看来像一群鬼

and act like a bunch of ghosts or spooks or something.

他们还在马上也披了床单四处跑

They‘d even put bed sheets on their horses and ride around.

不管怎样这就是我名字的由来:福雷斯·甘

And, anyway, that‘s how I got my name... Forrest Gump.

妈妈说这名字是提醒我

Mama said the Forrest part was to remind me

我们会经常做一些

that sometimes we all do things that, well,

并没有意义的事情

that just don‘t make no sense.

crooked

adj.弯曲的,扭曲的

eg: The map on the wall is a bit crooked.

墙上的地图有些歪。

Civil War

美国内战

eg: This week in our series, we tell about some of the other early battles of the Civil War.

本周,我们继续向你讲述美国内战初期的其他一些重大战役。

dress up

v.打扮,装饰

eg:Mother loved to dress me up.

妈妈喜欢装扮我。

ghosts

n.鬼,幽灵

eg:They say ghosts haunt this house.

据说这所房子里常闹鬼。

spook

n.鬼,幽灵,v. 惊吓

eg:But was it the wind that spooked her?

但是,她是被风吓到的吗?

(三)

好了

All right.

你们在看什么?

What are you all staring at?

从来没有见过

Haven‘t you ever seen

小孩子戴脚撑的吗?

a little boy with braces on his legs before?

不要管其它人

Don‘t ever let anybody

说他们比你强福雷斯

tell you they‘re better than you, Forrest.

如果上帝要让人人都一样的话

If God intended everybody to be the same,

他会给每人一双脚撑

he‘d have given us all braces on our legs.

妈妈总有办法让我明白她的意思

Mama always had a way of explaining things so I could understand them.

我们住在17号公路附近

We lived about a quarter mile off Route 17,

距离亚拉巴马州绿茵镇约半哩

about a half mile from the town of Greenbow, Alabama.

这个地方属于绿茵县

That‘s in the county of Greenbow.

我们的房子来自妈妈的家族

Our house had been in Mama‘s family

从她爷爷的爷爷的爷爷传下来的

since her grandpa‘s grandpa‘s grandpa

他大概在一千年前飘洋过海来这里

had come across the ocean about a thousand years ago.

房子只有我和妈妈住

Since it was just me and Mama

我们有好多空房间

and we had all these empty rooms,

妈妈将这些空房出租

Mama decided to let those rooms out,

给路过的人住

mostly to people passing through,

比如从莫比镇、或蒙哥马利镇来的人

Like from, oh, Mobile, Montgomery, places like that.

我和妈妈靠这个挣到钱

That‘s how me and Mama got money.

妈妈是个很聪明的女士

Mama was a real smart lady.

记住我说的话,福雷斯

Remember what I told you, Forrest.

你和其它任何人是一样的

You re no different than anybody else is.

听清楚了没有福雷斯?

Did you hear what I said, Forrest?

你和其它人是一样的

You‘re the same as everybody else.

你并没有什么不一样

You are no different.

brace

n.支柱,支撑 v .支撑,激励,打起精神

eg: Nancy braced herself for the inevitable arguments. 

南希为这场无法避免的争论作好了准备。

county

n.郡,县

eg: The canal has proved useful to the county in many ways.

这条水渠给这个县带来的好处是多方面的。

(四)

你的孩子有点不一样甘太太

Your boy‘s... different, Mrs. Gump.

他的智商只有75

His I. Q is 75.

我们都是不一样的

Well, we are all different,

汉考克先生

Mr. Hancock.

她希望我得到最好的教育

She wanted me to have the finest education

所以她带我去绿茵县中心学校

so she took me to the Greenbow County Central School.

我见到了校长什么的

I met the principal and all.

请你看看这个甘太太

I want to show you something, Mrs. Gump.

这是正常水平

Now, this is normal.

福雷斯则是在这儿

Forrest is right here.

州政府要求智商起码要80

The state require is a minimum I. Q of 80

才能上公立学校

to attend public school.

甘太太

Mrs. Gump,

他应该上特殊学校

he is going to have to go to a special school.

在那里他会很好的

Now, he‘ll be just fine.

正常水平是什么意思?

What does normal mean anyway?

他可能...

He might be...

反应不太灵敏

a bit on the slow side,

但我儿子福雷斯

but my boy Forrest

应该和其它人一样得到机会

is going to get the same opportunities as everyone else.

他不该去特殊学校

He is not going to some special school

学怎么翻修轮胎

to learn how to retread tires.

这不过是区区5分的问题

We re talking about five little points here.

一定会有办法解决的

There must be something can be done.

我们的学校是要排名次的

We are a progressive school system.

我们不想有人拉后腿

We don‘t want to see anybody left behind.

甘先生在哪儿甘太太?

Is there a Mr. Gump, Mrs. Gump?

他去度假了

He is on vacation.

principal

adj.主要的,首要的 n. 首长,校长

eg: So in a letter to her principal, she threatened to commit suicide if her parents pulled her out of school.

因此,她在给校长的一封信里表明,如果父母强迫她离开学校,她就自杀。

public school

公立中小学

special school

特殊教育学校

retread

v.翻新,修补

eg: Briefly introduces new process of producing retread tire and general equipment and technical target.

简要介绍了轮胎翻新工艺,及其通用设备和技术指标。

tire

n.轮胎,头饰 

eg:They fixed the car, gave me a tire, and left with a warm smile.

他们修好了我的车,给了我一个轮胎,留给我一个温暖的微笑。

(五)

最后他必须去试一试

Finally, he had to try.

看起来容易但是...

It looked easy, but...

发生了怪事首先他们...

oh, what happened. First they...

妈妈度假是什么意思?

Mama, what is vacation mean?

度假?

Vacation?

爸爸去哪儿了?

Where Daddy went?

度假就是你去一个地方...

Vacation is when you go somewhere...

然后就不再回来

and you don‘t ever come back.

总之我想你可以说

Anyway, I guess you could say

我和妈妈无依无靠

me and Mama was on our own.

但我们不介意

But we didn‘t mind.

我们的房子总住满了人

Our house was never empty.

经常是人来人往的

There was always folks coming and going.

开饭了!

Supper!

大家来吃晚饭啦!

It s supper, everyone!

这看起来很特别

That sure looks special.

有时有这么多人和我们一起住

Sometimes, we had so many people staying with us

每个房间都住满了旅客

that every room was filled, with travelers, you know,

这些人带着行李箱子

folks living out of their suitcases

还有帽子箱子还有样品箱子

and hat cases and sample cases.

福雷斯·甘  吃晚饭了!  福雷斯?

Forrest Gump, it‘s suppertime! Forrest?

有一次又有位年青人和我们住一起

One time, a young man was staying with us,

他带着一个吉它箱子

and he had him a guitar case.

你从来逮不到兔子

Well, you are never caught a rabbit

你也不是...

And you are not

我的朋友

Friend of mine

福雷斯

Forrest,

叫你不要打扰这位叔叔

I told you not to bother this nice young man.

不没关系  太太

No, that s all right, ma am.

我在弹吉它给他听

I was showing him a thing or two on the guitar.

好吧你可以来吃晚饭了

All right. Supper s ready if y all want to eat.

行好极了  谢谢你  太太

Yeah, that sounds good. Thank you, ma am

(六)

我喜欢那吉它

I liked that guitar.

它很好听

It sounded good.

我伴着音乐移动着脚步

I started moving around to the music,

扭着我的臀部

swinging my hips.

哭喊不停

Crying all the time

那天晚上

This one night,

我和妈妈出去购物

me and Mama was out shopping,

我们路过文斯家私商店

and we walked by Vincy‘s Furniture and Appliance Store,

你猜怎么着?

and guess what?

你只不过是一条猎犬

You aren’t nothing but a hound dog

哭喊不停

Crying all the time

你只不过是一条猎犬

You are nothing but a hound dog

小孩子不能看这个

This is not for children‘s eyes.

哭喊不停

Crying all the time

几年以后

Some years later,

听说那位帅哥被人称为"猫王"

that handsome young man who they called the King,

嗯他唱的歌实在太多

well, he sung too many songs.

结果他得了心脏病什么的

Had himself a heart attack or something.

看来"王"确实是不好当啊

It must be hard being a king.

你知道你的记忆有时清楚得不得了

You know, it is funny how you remember some things,

有时却什么也不记得

but some things you can‘t.

swing n. v.摇摆,悬挂

eg:The sail of the little boat swung crazily from one side to the other.

这艘小船的船帆发疯似地左右摇晃着。

Appliance Store 电器商店

eg:A blonde went to the appliance store and found a bargain. "I would like to buy this TV, " she told the salesman.

一个金发女郎走进一家电器商店,看到特价促销,她对售货员说:“我要买这个电视机”

(七)

你要开始努力学习了福雷斯

You do your very best now, Forrest.

我一定会的妈妈

I sure will, Mama.

我记得第一次乘校车去上学

I remember the bus ride on the first day of school

非常清楚

very well.

你上不上车?

Are you coming along?

妈妈说不要上陌生人的车子

Mama said not to be taking rides from strangers.

这是校车

This is the bus to school.

我是福雷斯...  福雷斯·甘

I m Forrest... Forrest Gump.

我是多萝西·哈里斯

I m Dorothy Harris.

嗯现在我们不是陌生人了

Well, now we ain t strangers anymore.

这位子有人了

This seat s taken.

有人了

It‘s taken.

你不准坐这儿

You can‘t sit here.

你知道孩子记事实在奇怪

You know, it is funny what a young man recollects,

我不记得我的出生

Because I don’t remember being born.

我不记得我的第一份圣诞礼物

I don‘t recall what I got for my first Christmas,

我也不记得

and I don‘t know

我第一次去野餐

when I went on my first outdoor picnic,

但我却记得

but I do remember

我第一次听到最甜的声音

the first time I heard the sweetest voice

在整个世界上

in the wide world.

你愿意的话可以坐这儿

You can sit here if you want.

我一生再没见过如此美丽的人

I had never seen anything so beautiful in my life.

她就象一位天使

She was like an angel.

你想坐还是不想坐?

Well, are you going to sit down or aren‘t you?

take a ride: 搭乘,兜风

eg: Sue likes to take a ride on the doubledecker.

苏喜欢乘坐双层汽车兜风。

recollect v.回忆,想起

eg: She recollected sadly that she and Ben used to laugh a lot. 

她伤心地回忆起以前她和本经常笑声不断。

(八)

你的腿怎么啦?

What is wrong with your legs?

没什么谢谢你

Um, nothing at all, thank you.

我的的腿好得很

My legs are just fine and dandy.

我和她在并排坐在校车里

I just sat next to her on that bus

去学校途中我们一直在说话

and had a conversation all the way to school.

当时我的背象个问号那么弯

My back is crooked like a question mark.

除了妈妈没有人和我说话

Next to Mama, no one ever talked to me

或问我问题

or asked me questions.

你是不是有点傻?

Are you stupid or something?

妈妈说"做傻事的才是傻瓜"

Mama says, "Stupid is as stupid does."

我叫珍妮

I m Jenny.

我叫福雷斯...  福雷斯·甘

I m Forrest... Forrest Gump.

由那天开始我们经常在一起

From that day on, we was always together.

珍妮和我形影不离

Jenny and me was like peas and carrots.

她教我怎么爬树

She taught me how to climb.

快福雷斯  你能做到

Move, Forrest, you can do it.

我教她怎么摇摆

I showed her how to dangle.

"一个好小..."

"A good little..."

她帮我学怎么认字

She helped me learn how to read,

我教她怎么倒挂

and I showed her how to swing.

有时我们就那么坐着

Sometimes, we d just sit out

等星星出来

and wait for the stars.

妈妈会担心我的

Mama is going to worry about me.

再呆一会儿

Just stay a little longer.

不知为什么珍妮从来不爱回家

For some reason, Jenny didn’t never want to go home.

好吧珍妮  我再呆一会儿

Ok, Jenny, I ll stay.

她是我最好的朋友

She was my most special friend.

我唯一的朋友

My only friend.

dandy

adj.上等的,极好的,n.花花公子

eg: This is all fine and dandy, but once you start your diet, you have to stop reading and watching somuch.

这很好,但是一旦你开始节食,你必需停止浏览和观看那么多。

crook

v.使弯曲,欺骗 n.骗子

eg: He is a crook.

他是个骗子。

peas and carrots

形影不离

eg: wish to be a ray of dust in the air, and you were like peas and carrots.

我愿是空气中的一缕尘埃,可以与你形影不离。

dangle

v.摇晃地悬挂着

eg: They want our personal information to dangle in front of advertisers.

他们想用我们的个人信息同广告商们周旋。

(九)

妈妈总是对我说

Now, my mama always told me

每天都会有奇迹

that miracles happen every day

有些人并不同意

Some people don‘t think so,

但这是真的

but they do.

嗨傻瓜!

Hey, dummy!

你是哑巴还是真的是傻瓜?

Are you dumb, or just plain stupid?

喂我是福雷斯·甘

Look, I m Forrest Gimp.

快跑福雷斯

Just run away, Forrest.

跑福雷斯!

Run, Forrest!

快跑!  快!

Run away! Hurry!

骑上自行车!

Get the bikes!

我们去捉他!  快点!

Let s get him! Come on!

小心点阿甘!

Look out, Gump!

我们来捉你了!

We re going to get you!

跑福雷斯  跑!

Run, Forrest, run!

跑福雷斯!

Run, Forrest!

你给我回来!

Come back here, you!

跑福雷斯!

Run, Forrest!

跑!

Run!

你现在大概不会相信我的话...

Now, you wouldn‘t believe if I told you...

但我跑起来像风一样

but I could run like the wind blows.

从那天开始

From that day on,

如果我要去哪里

if I was going somewhere,

我就跑着去

I was running.

dumb

adj.哑巴的,不能说话的

eg: He has been dumb from birth.

他生来就是哑巴。

wind blow

刮风

eg: And they felt wind blow in their hair and the vanished just like Megan.

这时,他们觉得有风吹过,紧接着就消失了,和梅金一样……

©著作权归作者所有,转载或内容合作请联系作者
  • 序言:七十年代末,一起剥皮案震惊了整个滨河市,随后出现的几起案子,更是在滨河造成了极大的恐慌,老刑警刘岩,带你破解...
    沈念sama阅读 213,864评论 6 494
  • 序言:滨河连续发生了三起死亡事件,死亡现场离奇诡异,居然都是意外死亡,警方通过查阅死者的电脑和手机,发现死者居然都...
    沈念sama阅读 91,175评论 3 387
  • 文/潘晓璐 我一进店门,熙熙楼的掌柜王于贵愁眉苦脸地迎上来,“玉大人,你说我怎么就摊上这事。” “怎么了?”我有些...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 159,401评论 0 349
  • 文/不坏的土叔 我叫张陵,是天一观的道长。 经常有香客问我,道长,这世上最难降的妖魔是什么? 我笑而不...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 57,170评论 1 286
  • 正文 为了忘掉前任,我火速办了婚礼,结果婚礼上,老公的妹妹穿的比我还像新娘。我一直安慰自己,他们只是感情好,可当我...
    茶点故事阅读 66,276评论 6 385
  • 文/花漫 我一把揭开白布。 她就那样静静地躺着,像睡着了一般。 火红的嫁衣衬着肌肤如雪。 梳的纹丝不乱的头发上,一...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 50,364评论 1 292
  • 那天,我揣着相机与录音,去河边找鬼。 笑死,一个胖子当着我的面吹牛,可吹牛的内容都是我干的。 我是一名探鬼主播,决...
    沈念sama阅读 39,401评论 3 412
  • 文/苍兰香墨 我猛地睁开眼,长吁一口气:“原来是场噩梦啊……” “哼!你这毒妇竟也来了?” 一声冷哼从身侧响起,我...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 38,179评论 0 269
  • 序言:老挝万荣一对情侣失踪,失踪者是张志新(化名)和其女友刘颖,没想到半个月后,有当地人在树林里发现了一具尸体,经...
    沈念sama阅读 44,604评论 1 306
  • 正文 独居荒郊野岭守林人离奇死亡,尸身上长有42处带血的脓包…… 初始之章·张勋 以下内容为张勋视角 年9月15日...
    茶点故事阅读 36,902评论 2 328
  • 正文 我和宋清朗相恋三年,在试婚纱的时候发现自己被绿了。 大学时的朋友给我发了我未婚夫和他白月光在一起吃饭的照片。...
    茶点故事阅读 39,070评论 1 341
  • 序言:一个原本活蹦乱跳的男人离奇死亡,死状恐怖,灵堂内的尸体忽然破棺而出,到底是诈尸还是另有隐情,我是刑警宁泽,带...
    沈念sama阅读 34,751评论 4 337
  • 正文 年R本政府宣布,位于F岛的核电站,受9级特大地震影响,放射性物质发生泄漏。R本人自食恶果不足惜,却给世界环境...
    茶点故事阅读 40,380评论 3 319
  • 文/蒙蒙 一、第九天 我趴在偏房一处隐蔽的房顶上张望。 院中可真热闹,春花似锦、人声如沸。这庄子的主人今日做“春日...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 31,077评论 0 21
  • 文/苍兰香墨 我抬头看了看天上的太阳。三九已至,却和暖如春,着一层夹袄步出监牢的瞬间,已是汗流浃背。 一阵脚步声响...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 32,312评论 1 267
  • 我被黑心中介骗来泰国打工, 没想到刚下飞机就差点儿被人妖公主榨干…… 1. 我叫王不留,地道东北人。 一个月前我还...
    沈念sama阅读 46,924评论 2 365
  • 正文 我出身青楼,却偏偏与公主长得像,于是被迫代替她去往敌国和亲。 传闻我的和亲对象是个残疾皇子,可洞房花烛夜当晚...
    茶点故事阅读 43,957评论 2 351

推荐阅读更多精彩内容