"Invictus" by William Ernest Henley

之前和朋友聊天,他发了一则诗过来勉励,觉得很激励人,所以就试着翻译了一下。

Invictus

    -by William Ernest Henley

不屈者

Out of the night that covers me,

无际的夜幕,

Black as the pit from pole to pole,

幽暗如深井遮盖住苍穹,

I thank whatever gods may be

而我感谢上苍

For my unconquerable soul.

赐予我无畏的灵魂。

In the fell clutch of circumstance

当每况愈下的时候

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

我不退缩也不哭喊。

Under the bludgeonings of chance

在命运的重击下

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

我纵使头破血流也不折腰。

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

在这片愤怒与泪水的土地之外

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

恐怖阴影交织,

And yet the menace of the years

尽管岁月威吓,

Finds, and shall find me, unafraid.

但我无所畏惧。

It matters not how strait the gate,

无论命运多舛,

How charged with punishments the scroll,

无论被判上何种罪罚,

I am the master of my fate:

我都主宰着我的命运:

I am the captain of my soul.

我都统领着我的灵魂。


“本译文仅供个人研习、欣赏语言之用,谢绝任何转载及用于任何商业用途。本译文所涉法律后果均由本人承担。本人同意简书平台在接获有关著作权人的通知后,删除文章。”

最后编辑于
©著作权归作者所有,转载或内容合作请联系作者
平台声明:文章内容(如有图片或视频亦包括在内)由作者上传并发布,文章内容仅代表作者本人观点,简书系信息发布平台,仅提供信息存储服务。

推荐阅读更多精彩内容

  • **2014真题Directions:Read the following text. Choose the be...
    又是夜半惊坐起阅读 10,081评论 0 23
  • 喝久了中药 体质就变了寒 越来越没热血 空有疲倦 也好 沉淀了戾气和愤世嫉俗。
    小horse阅读 239评论 0 0
  • 我是个思维简单的人,喜欢上一样东西,常常会喜欢很久,比如说英雄杀这个游戏,周围的小伙伴早就厌倦的无可复加的时候,我...
    韩毅阅读 487评论 0 2