中英对照:
Ross: Hi.嗨。
Joey: This guy says hello, I wanna kill myself.
这家伙向我打招呼时我就想自杀。
Monica: Are you okay, sweetie?
你还好吧,亲爱的?
Ross: I just feel like someone reached down my throat, grabbed my small intestine, pulled it out of my mouth and tied it around my neck...
我感觉有人把手伸入我的喉咙,抓起我的肠子,从我的口中取出,然后绑在我脖上……
Chandler: Cookie? 要饼干吗?
Monica: Carol moved her stuff out today.
卡罗今天把她的东西搬走了。
Joey: Ohh.
Monica: Let me get you some coffee.
我帮你泡杯咖啡.
Ross: Thanks.
Phoebe: Ooh! Oh! 哎呀呀呀!
Ross: No, no don't! Stop cleansing my aura! No, just leave my aura alone, okay?
不要……别清理我的灵气。可是……别碰我的灵气就是了。
Phoebe: Fine! Be murky!
好吧,保持晦气!
Ross: I'll be fine, alright? Really, everyone. I hope she'll be very happy.
我会没事的,真的,我祝她幸福。
Monica: No you don't.
不,你不会的,
Ross: No I don't, to hell with her, she left me!
没错,我不会的,去她的,她甩掉我!
Joey: And you never knew she was a lesbian...
你一直都不知道她是女同性恋者。
Ross: No!! Okay?! Why does everyone keep fixating on that? She didn't know, how should I know?
没有!!行了吧?!为何大家都围着这个话题打转?连她不知道,我怎会知道。
Chandler: Sometimes I wish I were a lesbian... Did I say that out loud?
有时真希望自己也是个女同志。我刚刚大声说出来了吗?
Ross: I told mom and dad last night, they seemed to take it pretty well.
昨晚我告诉爸妈,他们好像还能接受。
Monica: Oh really, so that hysterical phone call I got from a woman sobbing at 3:00 A.M., "I'll never have grandchildren, I'll never have grandchildren." was what? A wrong number?
真的吗,凌晨三点我接到一个电话,一个女人歇斯底里的向我哭诉,“我不能抱孙子了,我不能抱孙子了。”那是什么?打错了?
Ross: Sorry.
Joey: Alright Ross, look. You're feeling a lot of pain right now. You're angry. You're hurting. Can I tell you what the answer is?
别闷闷不乐了,罗斯。你现在很痛苦。你有一肚子的火,你心如刀割。我能告诉你解决之道吗?
Joey: Strip joint! C'mon, you're single! Have some hormones!
脱衣舞酒店。你单身,有性需求。
Ross: I don't want to be single, okay? I just... I just- I just wanna be married again!
我不想单身的。我只想再结婚。
Chandler: And I just want a million dollars!
我只想要一百万!
-----------------------------------------
词汇点:
1. grab v. 抓住
2. intestine n. 肠子
3. cleanse v.净化
4. aura n. 气氛,气息,气场
5. murky a. 黑暗的;朦胧的;阴郁的
6. to hell with.....让…见鬼去吧
7.lesbian n. 女同性恋
8. fixate v. 注视;固定
9. hysterical a. 歇斯底里的
10. sob v. 啜泣
11.strip joint 脱衣舞夜总会
12. hormone n. 荷尔蒙
语法点:
Sometimes I wish Iwerea lesbian.
wish后的宾语从句要用虚拟语气。
地道表达:
leave sb alone: 不去打扰某人
leave sth alone: 别碰某物
eg:
Why can't you just leave her alone?
你为什么不能让她一个人待一会儿?
Will you leave that piano alone?
你别碰那架钢琴好吗?
-----------------------------------
微信公众号 :zzdfh6688