Salary Negotiations: A Useful Model(薪酬谈判:一个有用的模型)
Time:(时间)
1. Start of interview: who are you?(面试开始时:你是谁?)
2. After 20 minutes: Interesting, I am beginning to like you!(20分钟后:感兴趣,我开始喜欢上你了!)
3. After 40 minutes: We love you!(40分钟后:我们爱你!)
4. After 1 hour: We must have you! Now you can start to negotiate your salary.(1个小时后:我们一定要得到你!我们现在可以开始讨论你的薪酬问题!)
5. Too late.(太晚了。)
Some Do's and Don'ts: (哪些要做,哪些不要做)
Do: (要做:)
1. Think about what salary you are prepared to accept long before it is raised.(在谈及薪酬问题之前早早考虑好你准备接受多少薪水。)
2. Keep up with latest salary trends in your sector and the job market in general.(及时了解你所在行业的薪资情况以及整个人才市场的薪酬动态。)
3. Take every component of your salary expectations into consideration when negotiating, eg: pensions, bonuses, health insurance, company cars, travelling costs, etc.(在谈判薪酬时详尽考虑你期望薪金中的每一个部分,如:养老金、奖金、健康保险、公司汽车、差旅费用,等等。)
4. Negotiate on the basis of the responsibilities of the job and your future performance in the job.(基于你的工作职责以及将来的工作表现展开谈判。)
5. Have a realistic salary range in mind.(考虑好一个现实的薪酬范围。)
6. Behave in a professional and courteous manner when you are negotiating.(在谈判过程中表现出专业素养,言谈举止彬彬有礼。)
Do not:(不要做:)
1. Raise salary expectations early in the interview unless you know you are at the " We must have you " phase.(在面试时过早提出薪水期望,除非你已经知道自己处在“我们非要你不可”的阶段。)
2. Overestimate your importance to the company - be realistic about your expectations.(高估你对公司的重要性——你的期望要符合客观实际。)
3. Negotiate if you know you are not really interested in the company or the job.(明知对某家公司或某项工作并不真的感兴趣还继续谈判。)
4. Specify a single salary figure when asked " What are your salary requirements? "(当被问及“你期望的薪水是多少”时,径直报出一个薪水数字。)
5. Accept a job until you receive the offer in writing.(要到你收到正式的书面录用通知时才肯接受一份工作。)
6. Fall out with the person making the offer. You may want to work there in the future.(与提出录用条件的人争吵。将来你可能会在那儿工作!)