背台词学英语之《当幸福来敲门》面试片段

你好 早上好
How are you? Good morning.
克里斯·迦纳 克里斯·迦纳 又见面了
Chris Gardner. Chris Gardner. Good to see you again.
克里斯·迦纳 见到您很荣幸
Chris Gardner. Pleasure.
我在外面坐了半个多小时
I've been sitting there for the last half- hour...
一直想编出个理由
trying to come up with a story...
向你们解释我这身打扮出现的原因
that would explain my being here dressed like this.
想编出个故事说明我身上
And I wanted to come up with a story that would demonstrate qualities...
拥有你们所欣赏的优点... 比如诚实 勤奋
that I'm sure you all admire here, like earnestness or diligence.
团队精神等等 结果我却什么都想不出来
Team- playing, something. And I couldn't think of anything.
事实是
So the truth is...
因为没能付清停车罚单 我被拘留了
I was arrested for failure to pay parking tickets.
罚单?什么?
Parking tickets?
我是从警差局... 警察局一路跑来的
And I ran all the way here from the Polk Station, the police station.
被拘留前你在干什么?
What were you doing before you were arrested?
我在粉刷我的家
I was painting my apartment.
现在干了吗?
Is it dry now?
希望如此
I hope so.
杰说你一心想进我们公司
Jay says you're pretty determined.
没错 他拎着个40磅重的玩意儿
He's been waiting outside the front of the building...
在公司门口等了一个多月了
with some 40- pound gizmo for over a month.

  • 他说你很聪明 - 我自认是有些
  • He said you're smart. - Well, I like to think so.
  • 你想学这行? - 是的 先生 我想学
  • And you want to learn this business? - Yes, sir, I wanna learn.
    已经开始自学了吗?
    Have you already started learning on your own?
    当然
    Absolutely.
  • 杰 - 是的 先生
  • Jay? - Yes, sir.
    你见过克里斯多少回?
    How many times have you seen Chris?
    我不清楚 好多次了吧 应该
    I don't know. One too many, apparently.
  • 他有穿戴成这样吗? - 不
  • Was he ever dressed like this? - No.
    没有 都是西装领带
    No. Jacket and tie.
    克里斯 你在班上是第一名?
    First in your class in school?
  • 高中? - 是的 先生
  • High school? - Yes, sir.
  • 班上一共多少人? - 12人
  • How many in the class? - Twelve.
    那是个小镇
    It was a small town.
  • 我就说嘛 - 我在海军服役时是雷达班的第一名
  • I'll say. - But I was also first in my radar class...
    那个班里有20人
    in the Navy, and that was a class of 20.
    我能说几句吗?
    Can I say something?
    呃...我是这样的人
    I'm the type of person...
    如果你问的问题我不知道答案
    if you ask me a question, and I don't know the answer...
    我会直接告诉你“我不知道”
    I 'm gonna tell you that I don't know.
    但我向你保证
    But I bet you what.
    我知道如何寻找答案 而且我一定会找出答案的
    I know how to find the answer, and I will find the answer.
    这样可以吗?
    Is that fair enough?
    克里斯
    Chris.
    如果有个人连衬衫都没穿 就跑来参加面试 你会怎么想?
    What would you say if a guy walked in for an interview without a shirt on...
    如果我最后还雇了这个人 你会怎么想?
    and I hired him? What would you say?
    那他穿的裤子一定十分考究
    He must've had on some really nice pants.
    克里斯 我难以理解你穿成这样来面试
    Chris, I don't know how you did it dressed as a garbage man...
  • 但是你刚才的表现很不错 - 谢谢 托斯特尔先生
    but you pulled it off. - Thank you, Mr. Twistle.
    现在开始叫我杰 回来聊
    Hey, now you can call me Jay. We'll talk to you soon.
    好的 我会给你答复的 杰
    All right, so I'll let you know, Jay.
    给我答复?什么意思?
    "You'll let me know, Jay"? What do you mean?
    我明天会给你电话的
    Yeah, I'll give you a call tomorrow sometime...
    你说什么?是你找我的
    What are you talking...? You hounded me for this.
  • 你当时就站在那里... - 实习期没有工资
  • You stood here... - Listen, there's no salary.
  • 没有 - 我并不知道没有工资
  • No. - I was not aware of that.
    现在我的处境变了
    My circumstances have changed some...
  • 我需要确定我能... - 好的
    and I need to be certain that I'll be... - All right. Okay.
    今晚给我答复
    Tonight.
    如果你不把握这机会 我马上给别人
    I swear I will fill your spot. I promise.
    如果你现在放弃 你知道股东会怎么看我吗?
    If you back out, you know what I'll look like to the partners?
    知道 把你看成混蛋
    Yes, an ass... A- hole.
    是啊 把我看成混蛋 肯定是的
    Yeah, an ass A- hole, all the way.
    你还真不简单啊
    You are a piece of work.
    今晚给我答复
    Tonight.
最后编辑于
©著作权归作者所有,转载或内容合作请联系作者
  • 序言:七十年代末,一起剥皮案震惊了整个滨河市,随后出现的几起案子,更是在滨河造成了极大的恐慌,老刑警刘岩,带你破解...
    沈念sama阅读 216,142评论 6 498
  • 序言:滨河连续发生了三起死亡事件,死亡现场离奇诡异,居然都是意外死亡,警方通过查阅死者的电脑和手机,发现死者居然都...
    沈念sama阅读 92,298评论 3 392
  • 文/潘晓璐 我一进店门,熙熙楼的掌柜王于贵愁眉苦脸地迎上来,“玉大人,你说我怎么就摊上这事。” “怎么了?”我有些...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 162,068评论 0 351
  • 文/不坏的土叔 我叫张陵,是天一观的道长。 经常有香客问我,道长,这世上最难降的妖魔是什么? 我笑而不...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 58,081评论 1 291
  • 正文 为了忘掉前任,我火速办了婚礼,结果婚礼上,老公的妹妹穿的比我还像新娘。我一直安慰自己,他们只是感情好,可当我...
    茶点故事阅读 67,099评论 6 388
  • 文/花漫 我一把揭开白布。 她就那样静静地躺着,像睡着了一般。 火红的嫁衣衬着肌肤如雪。 梳的纹丝不乱的头发上,一...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 51,071评论 1 295
  • 那天,我揣着相机与录音,去河边找鬼。 笑死,一个胖子当着我的面吹牛,可吹牛的内容都是我干的。 我是一名探鬼主播,决...
    沈念sama阅读 39,990评论 3 417
  • 文/苍兰香墨 我猛地睁开眼,长吁一口气:“原来是场噩梦啊……” “哼!你这毒妇竟也来了?” 一声冷哼从身侧响起,我...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 38,832评论 0 273
  • 序言:老挝万荣一对情侣失踪,失踪者是张志新(化名)和其女友刘颖,没想到半个月后,有当地人在树林里发现了一具尸体,经...
    沈念sama阅读 45,274评论 1 310
  • 正文 独居荒郊野岭守林人离奇死亡,尸身上长有42处带血的脓包…… 初始之章·张勋 以下内容为张勋视角 年9月15日...
    茶点故事阅读 37,488评论 2 331
  • 正文 我和宋清朗相恋三年,在试婚纱的时候发现自己被绿了。 大学时的朋友给我发了我未婚夫和他白月光在一起吃饭的照片。...
    茶点故事阅读 39,649评论 1 347
  • 序言:一个原本活蹦乱跳的男人离奇死亡,死状恐怖,灵堂内的尸体忽然破棺而出,到底是诈尸还是另有隐情,我是刑警宁泽,带...
    沈念sama阅读 35,378评论 5 343
  • 正文 年R本政府宣布,位于F岛的核电站,受9级特大地震影响,放射性物质发生泄漏。R本人自食恶果不足惜,却给世界环境...
    茶点故事阅读 40,979评论 3 325
  • 文/蒙蒙 一、第九天 我趴在偏房一处隐蔽的房顶上张望。 院中可真热闹,春花似锦、人声如沸。这庄子的主人今日做“春日...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 31,625评论 0 21
  • 文/苍兰香墨 我抬头看了看天上的太阳。三九已至,却和暖如春,着一层夹袄步出监牢的瞬间,已是汗流浃背。 一阵脚步声响...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 32,796评论 1 268
  • 我被黑心中介骗来泰国打工, 没想到刚下飞机就差点儿被人妖公主榨干…… 1. 我叫王不留,地道东北人。 一个月前我还...
    沈念sama阅读 47,643评论 2 368
  • 正文 我出身青楼,却偏偏与公主长得像,于是被迫代替她去往敌国和亲。 传闻我的和亲对象是个残疾皇子,可洞房花烛夜当晚...
    茶点故事阅读 44,545评论 2 352

推荐阅读更多精彩内容