【每日英语听力】20180717 TED演讲 How China is changing the future of shopping#Angela Wang

This is my nephew, Yuan Yuan.

这是我的侄子。圆圆。

He's five years old, super adorable.

五岁的他非常可爱。有一天我问他:

I asked him the other day, "What would you like for your birthday this year?"

「今年想要什麽生日礼物?」他说:「我想要个眼罩 是单面镜的蜘蛛侠面具。 」

He said, "I want to have a one-way mirror Spider-Man mask." I had absolutely no idea what he was talking about,

我根本不知道他说的是什麽,所以问他:「哇,听起来很酷,

so I said, "Wow, that's really cool, but how are you going to get it?"

要怎麽才能得到呢? 」他不假思索地回答:

He told me, without a blink of his eyes, "I'm going to tell my mom and make a wish before I go to bed.

「我会告诉妈妈,并且在睡前许个愿。妈妈会把手机摇一摇。

My mom will go to shake her mobile phone. The next morning, the delivery uncle will give it to me when I wake up."

第二天早上我起床时, 送货的叔叔就送到了。」我本想逗他一下,

I was about to tease him, but suddenly I realized

但突然意识到 他只是告诉我实话,

he was simply telling me the truth, the truth of what shopping looks like for this generation.

是他这代人眼里看到的购物实况。仔细想想,对圆圆这样的孩子来说,

If you think of it, for a child like Yuan Yuan, shopping is a very different idea

购物的概念 与我们这代人印像中的大不相同。

compared to what my generation had in mind. Shopping is always done on mobile,

他们总是用手机购物,以虚拟付款。

and payment is all virtual. A huge shopping revolution is happening in China right now.

此时中国正进行着购物的革命巨变;购物行为和技术平台的演变,

Shopping behaviors, and also technology platforms, have evolved differently than elsewhere in the world.

已迥异於世界其他各地。例如,空前的中国电商荣景,

For instance, e-commerce in China is soaring. It's been growing at twice the speed of the United States

以美国的两倍速度成长, 而其中相当大的部分来自行动设备。

and a lot of the growth is coming from mobile. Every month, 500 million consumers

每个月有五亿个消费者 用手机购物;

are buying on mobile phones, and to put that into context,

具体来说,相当於美国、英国,

that is a total population of the United States, UK and Germany combined.

和德国的人口总和。不仅牵涉到电商的规模,

But it is not just about the scale of the e-commerce, it is the speed of adoption and the aggregation of the ecosystems.

采用的速度和生态系统 聚集的程度也是。不到五年,中国已成为行动商务的巨头,

It took China less than five years to become a country of mobile commerce, and that is largely because of the two technology platforms,

这主要归功於两大技术平台:阿里巴巴和腾讯。

Alibaba and Tencent. They own 90 percent of the e-commerce --

二者掌握着 90% 的电商业务,几乎是整个市场,

pretty much the whole market -- 85 percent of social media,

还掌握 85% 的社群媒体,和 85% 的网路支付。

85 percent of internet payment. And they also own large volumes of digital content, video, online movie,

他们也拥有大量的数位内容:影片、线上电影、

literature, travel information, gaming. When this huge base of mobile shoppers

文学、旅游资讯、游戏。 当庞大的行动购物消费者,

meets with aggregated ecosystems, chemical reactions happen.

遇上了聚集的生态系统,就会产生化学反应。

Today, China is like a huge laboratory generating all sorts of experiments.

当今的中国像是个巨大的实验室,正做着各式各样的实验。

You should come to China, because here you will get a glimpse into the future.

你们应该来中国看看,因为在这里能够一窥 未来世界的样貌。

One of the trends I have seen concerns the spontaneity of shopping. Five years ago, in a fashion study,

我观察到自发性的购物趋势。五年前在研究流行趋势时,

we found that on average, a Chinese consumer would be buying five to eight pairs of shoes.

我们发现中国消费者。平均买五到八双鞋子。

This number tripled to reach about 25 pairs of shoes a year. Who would need so many pairs of shoes?

如今这数字已经成长三倍, 成为每年约买 25 双。谁会需要这麽多鞋子呢?

So I asked them, "What are the reasons you buy?" They told me a list of inspirations:

所以我询问他们:「为什麽购买?」他们告诉我刺激他们消费的清单:

blogs, celebrity news, fashion information. But really, for many of them, there was no particular reason to buy.

部落格、名人的新闻、时尚的消息。而事实上,许多人 并没有具体的购物理由,

They were just browsing on their mobile site and then buying whatever they saw.

通常他们只在行动设备上浏览网页,看到什麽就买什麽。

We have observed the same level of spontaneity in everything, from grocery shopping to buying insurance products.

我们见到几乎在每件事上 都有同等程度的自发性,从购买日用品到买保险。

But it is not very difficult to understand if you think about it. A lot of the Chinese consumers are still very new

仔细想想,不难理解这种行为。 很多的中国消费者才刚开始接触,

in their middle-class or upper-middle-class lifestyles, with a strong desire to buy everything new,

中产或中上层社会的生活方式,他们有强烈的慾望 想要买每一样新东西、

new products, new services. And with this integrated ecosystem,

新产品、新服务。有了整合的生态系统,

it is so easy for them to buy, one click after another. However, this new shopping behavior is creating a lot of challenges

买东西轻而易举, 一个接着一个的点选。

for those once-dominant businesses. The owner of a fashion company told me that he's so frustrated

然而,这种新的消费行为 产生了很多的新挑战 给那些曾经称霸过的业者面对。

because his customers keep complaining that his products are not new enough. Well, for a fashion company, really bad comment.

一个时装公司的东主 对我诉说他的挫折,因为顾客一直抱怨他的产品不够新,

And he already increased the number of products in each collection. It doesn't seem to work.

对时装公司而言是很糟糕的评价。他已经增加每个系列的新品数量, 但好像没什麽效果。

So I told him there's something more important than that. You've got to give your consumer exactly what they want

我告诉他更重要的是 必须满足顾客的确切需求, 而且要及时地满足。

when they still want it. And he can learn something from the online apparel players in China.

他可以向中国的网路服装供应商学习。这些公司收集真正的顾客反馈,

These companies, they collect real consumer feedback from mobile sites, from social media,

从行动装置和社群媒体上收集,然後他们设计的团队

and then their designers will translate this information into product ideas,

把这些资讯转化成产品的构想,再送去小型工作室生产。

and then send them to microstudios for production. These microstudios are really key in this overall ecosystem,

这些小型工作室 是整个生态系统的关键,因为他们接受小量订单,

because they take small orders, 30 garments at a time,

一次 30 件,还能小部分客制化。

and they can also make partially customized pieces. The fact that all these production designs

由於一系列的生产和设计 都在当地完成,

are done locally, the whole process, from transporting to product on shelf or online

整个从运输到上架或上网的过程 有时短到只需三到四天,

sometimes takes only three to four days. That is super fast,

堪称神速,是对市场流行和热卖的高效率反应,

and that is highly responsive to what is in and hot on the market. And that is giving enormous headaches to traditional retailers

致使每年只推出几个限量款的 传统零售商极为头痛。

who are only thinking about a few collections a year. Then there's a consumer's need for ultraconvenience.

此外还有消费者对超便利的需求。几个月前,我和朋友在东京逛街。

A couple of months ago, I was shopping with a friend in Tokyo. We were in the store,

我们在一家店里,前面排了三四个人等着收银机结账。

and there were three to four people standing in front of us at the checkout counter.

很正常,对吧?但是我们两人都放下了挑好的东西,

Pretty normal, right? But both of us dropped our selection

离开了商店。我们变得如此没有耐心。

and walked away. This is how impatient we have become.

有超便捷的递送不仅仅好,还是顾客购买与否的真正关键。

Delivering ultraconvenience is not just something nice to have. It is crucial to make sure your consumer actually buys.

我们在中国发现, 便捷才会真正使人们

And in China, we have learned that convenience is really the glue that will make online shopping

上网购物的行为和习惯持久,有时甚至胜过只靠以客为尊的方案。

a behavior and a habit that sticks. It is sometimes more effective than a loyalty program alone.

举「盒马」为例,这是一个阿里巴巴推广的零售概念。

Take Hema. It's a retail grocery concept developed by Alibaba.

他们把满满一篮货品 从四千个最小存货单位送到你家门口

They deliver a full basket of products from 4,000 SKUs to your doorstep

不超过三十分钟。不可思议的是几乎每样东西都递送:

within 30 minutes. What is amazing is that they deliver literally everything:

当然包括水果、蔬菜,还递送活鱼

fruits, vegetables, of course. They also deliver live fish

和活生生的阿拉斯加帝王蟹。如同朋友有次对我说的:

and also live Alaska king crab. Like my friend once told me,

「简直是梦想成真。我终於可以在婆婆不打招呼

"It's really my dream coming true. Finally, I can impress my mother-in-law

就过来吃晚饭时使她服气了。 」(笑声)

when she comes to visit me for dinner unexpectedly." (Laughter)

亚马逊和新鲜直达这些公司 也在同一领域实验着。

Well, companies like Amazon and FreshDirect are also experimenting in the same field.

盒马因为隶属於阿里巴巴生态系统, 得以更快、更容易施行。

The fact that Hema is part of the Alibaba ecosystem makes it faster and also a bit easier to implement.

对网路零售商家而言,快递一整篮货品,

For an online grocery player, it is very difficult, very costly,

不容易做且成本很高,但是盒马有自己的应用程式、

to deliver a full basket quickly, but for Hema, it's got a mobile app,

自己的行动支付,还在上海闹区开设了二十家实体店。

it's got mobile payment, and also it's built 20 physical stores in high-density areas in Shanghai.

开设这些店面以确保产品新鲜度──他们店里真的有水族箱──

These stores are built to ensure the freshness of the product -- they actually have fish tanks in the store --

同时也得以快速发货、送货。我知道你们心里疑惑着:

and also to give locations that will enable high-speed delivery. I know the question you have on your mind.

他们获利了吗?是的,他们有盈余,

Are they making money? Yes, they are making money.

他们的收支平衡。更不可思议的是每个店面的销售额

They are breaking even, and what is also amazing is that the sales revenue per store

都高於传统的零售店面三到四倍,而营收的一半来自行动端的订单。

is three to four times higher than the traditional grocery store, and half of the revenue orders are coming from mobile.

这证明了对消费者而言,如果提供他们真正要用的 超便捷零售购物体验,

This is really proof that a consumer, if you give them ultraconvenience that really works in grocery shopping,

他们立刻就会转为上网购物。而超便捷和自发性,

they're going to switch their shopping behaviors online, like, in no time.

还不是故事的全部。我在中国见到的另一趋势

So ultraconvenience and spontaneity, that's not the full story.

是社群购物。在世界上其他地方的社群购物,

The other trend I have seen in China is social shopping.

通常是个线性的过程。你在脸书上留意到一样东西,

If you think of social shopping elsewhere in the world, it is a linear process.

看了一会儿, 然後登入亚马逊或品牌网去买,

You pick up something on Facebook, watch it, and you switch to Amazon

轻而易举。但在中国截然不同。

or brand. com to complete the shopping journey. Clean and simple.

消费者平均花一小时用手机购物,是美国的三倍。

But in China it is a very different thing. On average, a consumer would spend one hour on their mobile phone shopping.

黏着度从哪里来的呢?他们在小小的手机萤幕上 到底做些什麽?

That's three times higher than the United States. Where does the stickiness come from?

让我带你们来一趟 行动上网的购物旅程, 是我平常的体验。

What are they actually doing on this tiny little screen? So let me take you on a mobile shopping journey

晚上 11 点,没错, 我通常在这个时间购物。我本来在微信聊天室跟朋友聊天。

that I usually would be experiencing. 11pm, yes, that's usually when I shop.

有人拿出一包零食, 还在聊天室里张贴产品的连结网站。

I was having a chat in a WeChat chatroom with my friends. One of them took out a pack of snack

我讨厌那行为, 因为通常那会使我本能地 点选那连结而登入网站。

and posted the product link in that chatroom. I hate it, because usually I would just click that link

网页的内容很丰富,色彩绚丽,让人眼前一亮。

and then land on the product page. Lots of information, very colorful,

看了一会儿,一个购物助理上线, 问我:「今晚有什麽我帮得上忙?」

mind-blowing. Watched it and then a shop assistant came online

当然我买了那包零食。更妙的是我很清楚 在第二天的中午时分,

and asked me, "How can I help you tonight?" Of course I bought that pack of snack.

那包零食就会被送到我的办公室,供我食用以及和同事们分享,

What is more beautiful is I know that the next day, around noontime, that pack of snack will be delivered to my office.

而快递的费用不超过一美元。正当我要离开那网页时,

I can eat it and share it with my colleagues and the cost of delivery, maximum one dollar.

又跳出一个视窗,内容是一个草根网红的直播,

Just when I was about to leave that shopping site, another screen popped up.

教我如何用新款色彩的唇膏打扮自己。我看了 30 秒,简单易懂,

This time it is the livestreaming of a grassroots celebrity teaching me how to wear a new color of lipstick.

旁边还有一个购买的连结,点一下,几秒钟就买好了。

I watched for 30 seconds -- very easy to understand -- and also there is a shopping link right next to it,

回到了聊天室,大家还在闲聊着。

clicked it, bought it in a few seconds. Back to the chatroom.

另一个朋友张贴了二维码, 是另一种零食的,

The gossiping is still going on. Another friend of mine posted the QR code

又点选买了。整个购物体验

of another pack of snack. Clicked it, bought it.

就像是在逛游乐园,混乱而有趣,

So the whole experience is like you're exploring in an amusement park.

甚至还使人上瘾。有了整合的生态系统就会这样,

It is chaotic, it is fun and it's even a little bit addictive.

购物被包藏在社交行为里,而社交进化为多方的体验。

This is what's happening when you have this integrated ecosystem. Shopping is embedded in social,

整合的生态系统达到全新的层次,以致支配了我们全方位的生活。

and social is evolving into a multidimensional experience. The integration of ecosystems reaches a whole new level.

当然背後有庞大的商机。「三只松鼠」这家中国零嘴公司,

So does its dominance in all aspects of our life. And of course, there are huge commercial opportunities behind it.

在三年内建起五亿美元的商业规模, 靠的是投资三到五百名购物助理,

A Chinese snack company, Three Squirrels, built a half-a-billion-dollar business in just three years

全年全天 24 小时无休地提供线上服务。在社群媒体里,

by investing in 300 to 500 shop assistants who are going to be online to provide services 24/7.

他们就像是你的邻居。即时你不购物,

In the social media environment, they are like your neighborhood friends.

他们也会愉快地讲些笑话让你开心。在这个整合的生态系统里,

Even when you are not buying stuff, they will be happy to just tell you a few jokes and make you happy.

社群媒体真的能重新定义品牌、零售商以及消费者之间的关系。

In this integrated ecosystem, social media can really redefine the relationship between brand,

这些只是我在中国见到 大型巨变中的一小部分。 在这个巨大的实验室里,

retailer and consumer. These are only fragments of the massive changes

每天都进行着许多的实验。生态系统正重建,

I have seen in China. In this huge laboratory,

供应链、行销、产品创新的,每一面向。

a lot of experiments are generated every single day. The ecosystems are reforming,

消费者取回购物的决定权,要买什麽、

supply chain distribution, marketing, product innovation, everything.

在什麽时候买、如何买、如何社交。

Consumers are getting the power to decide what they want to buy, when they want to buy it,

现在球回到全球商业领袖的手上,他们应该真正张开眼。

how they want to buy it, how they want to social. It is now back to business leaders of the world

看清楚中国发生了什麽,思考和行动。

to really open their eyes, see what's happening in China, think about it and take actions.

谢谢。 (掌声)

Thank you. (Applause)

马西莫 坡特卡索:安琪,你的分享真令人印象深刻, 几乎难以置信。

Massimo Portincaso: Angela, what you shared with us is truly impressive and almost incredible,

但我想许多听众和我有同样的问题, 那就是:

but I think many in the audience had the same question that I had, which is:

这种强迫式的消费, 能在经济和在环境上永续吗?

Is this kind of impulsive consumption both economically and environmentally sustainable over the longer term?

总体而言得要付出多少代价 来支撑这样自动化、

And what is the total price to be paid for such an automized and ultraconvenient retail experience?

超级便捷的零售体验呢?王安琪:是的。

Angela Wang: Yeah. One thing we have to keep in mind is really, we are at the very beginning of a huge transformation.

我们应该牢记。我们正站在巨变之初这件事。

So with this trading up needs of the consumer, together with the evolution of the ecosystem,

有这样的消费交易需求, 连同生态系统的进化,

there are a lot of opportunities and also challenges. So I've seen some early signs

就会面临许多的机会和挑战。 我已看到早期的徵兆,

that the ecosystems are shifting their focus to pay attention to solve these challenges.

生态系统已转而关注。要解决所面对的挑战。

For example, paying more consideration to sustainability alongside just about speed,

例如:更关注永续, 不只看重速度、数量,

and also quality over quantity. But there are really no simple answers to these questions.

还重「质」多於重「量」。但这些问题没有简单的答案。

That is exactly why I'm here to tell everyone that we need to watch it, study it, and play a part in this evolution.

我今天告诉各位的正是:

MP: Thank you very much. AW: Thank you.

(Applause)

©著作权归作者所有,转载或内容合作请联系作者
平台声明:文章内容(如有图片或视频亦包括在内)由作者上传并发布,文章内容仅代表作者本人观点,简书系信息发布平台,仅提供信息存储服务。

推荐阅读更多精彩内容

  • rljs by sennchi Timeline of History Part One The Cognitiv...
    sennchi阅读 7,483评论 0 10
  • The Inner Game of Tennis W Timothy Gallwey Jonathan Cape ...
    网事_79a3阅读 12,373评论 3 20
  • 亲爱的: 见字如面!现在的我正在寒冷的夜写一封只属于你一个人的情书。今天的夜有点冷,所以我缩了缩脖子,喝了几...
    始于初見阅读 4,696评论 4 3
  • 学习《爱莲说》,布置作业:请你为这篇文章配一幅插图。于是,我看到了学生笔下之莲与心中之莲。 荷花,有一个...
    丹丹瑞阅读 1,150评论 0 1
  • 小孩小孩你别馋,过了腊八就是年! 记得小时候总盼着过年。到时候有好吃的,有新衣服穿,尤其是有爆竹放。 那时跟父母抠...
    东哥说事儿阅读 1,246评论 6 9