Jeremy is visiting Anna's apartment,but Anna isn't feeling well.
杰里米正在安娜的公寓做客,但安娜感觉不舒服。
Anna & Jeremy:
Anna:Jeremy及Albert的朋友,在一所国际学校教书。
Jeremy: Albert的同事兼好朋友
Jeremy: Anna,are you alright? You look really under the weather.
杰里米: 安娜,你还好吗?你看起来很不舒服。
Anna: Not really. I have bouts of stomach ache.
安娜: 不。我胃一阵阵地疼。
Jeremy: What? You'd better go to the doctor.
杰里米: 什么?你最好去看医生。
Anna: Nope,that will never happen.
安娜: 不,那永远不会发生。
Jeremy: Hey,don't you see a cute and handsome guy in front of you?
杰里米: 嘿,你没看到你面前有个帅哥吗?
Anna: I hate going to hospital...alone.
安娜: 我讨厌一个人去医院。
Jeremy: Come on! I'll go with you.
杰里米: 来吧! 我和你一起去。
Anna: OK.If I diagnosed with cancer,please keep it from my parents.
安娜: 好吧。如果我被诊断出患有癌症,请不要告诉我的父母。
Jeremy: Haha! I'm sure there's nothing serious. Maybe it's just because you ate something contaminated.
杰里米: 哈哈!我肯定没有什么严重的事。也许只是因为你吃了被污染的东西。
Anna: Well,I guess the kitchen skewers we had last night may take the blame.
安娜: 嗯,我想是我们昨晚吃的厨房烤肉串有问题。
Jeremy: Really? I had them too but I'm totally fine.
杰里米: 真的吗?我也有,但我完全没事。
Anna: Maybe you eat barbecue so often that you've become immune to them.
安娜: 也许你经常吃烧烤,以至于对它们产生了免疫力。
Jeremy: Haha! I can't believe you still have the strength to make fun of me. Enough chitchat. Let me drive you to the hospital now.
杰里米: 哈哈!我不敢相信你还有力气来取笑我。闲聊结束。我现在开车送你去医院吧。
Anna: Oh! Here comes another twitch. Let's go ASAP.
安娜: 噢!又抽搐了一下。我们尽快去吧。
本课生词总结
under the weather:人不太舒服;身体不适
bouts of:一阵阵
diagnosed with cancer:确诊患癌症
contaminated:adj. 受污染的,弄脏的
skewers:n. 烤肉叉子;串肉扦;针
immune to:不受...感染,免疫
twitch:n. 抽搐;晃动;急拉;(一阵)感觉;马勒