day 50
1010
昨日听写答案
Hello I'm Feifei and welcome to another episode of 6 Minute English.
大家好,我是菲菲,欢迎来到新一期的BBC英语6分钟。
Hi, I'm Neil.
大家好,我是尼尔。
Here you are Neil, I was just about to start without you.
哦,你来了尼尔,我正打算自己开始了。
No need, no need, I'm never late, you know that! Punctuality is my middle name.
没必要,没必要,你知道的我从不迟到!守时就是我的名字。
Punctuality meaning: being on time for things.
守时的意思是:按时做事。
Yes, punctuality means not being late. It's very important in Western working culture. Are you a punctual person Feifei?
是的,守时的意思是不迟到。在西方文化中,守时是十分重要的。你是一个守时的人吗,菲菲?
I'm always punctual in my working life, but in my personal life...
在工作中,我一直是很守时的,但是在生活中...
OK, I don't want to know. That's interesting Feifei because the psychiatrist Dr. Keith Ablow, says the three most common causes for lateness are: firstly, worrying about the appointment, secondly, a need to show power or superiority, and the third reason for people being late is that they have a need to know they are loved. 好了,我不想知道。菲菲,给你讲点有趣的,精神病医生基斯·阿布罗认为,三个最常见的迟到的原因是:首先,担心这个约会;第二,需要显示权威或优势;人们迟到的第三个原因是他们需要知道他们是被爱的。
So Feifei, which one is you? Sounds like you are a mixture of all of them...
所以,菲菲,哪一个符合你?看起来你就是这几个的混合体。
No comment - let's move on.
无可奉告——我们继续吧。
I believe that there are new, hidden tensions
我相信,有新的,隐藏的紧张关系
that are actually happening between people and institutions –
发生在人们与制度之间,
institutions that are the institutions that people inhabit in their daily life:
在人们日常生活中的制度如:
schools, hospitals, workplaces, factories, offices, etc.
学校、医院、工作场所、工厂、办公室等等。
And something that I see happening
我看到的这些关系
is something that I would like to call
是被我称之为的
a sort of "democratization of intimacy."
一种“民主化的亲密关系。”
And what do I mean by that?
这是什么意思呢?
I mean that what people are doing
事实上,我指的是人们正在做的
is, in fact, they are sort of, with their communication channels, they are breaking an imposed isolation that these institutions are imposing on them. 就是在他们所处的沟通渠道中,他们试图打破一种强加的孤立,一种由于这些制度对他们所强加的孤立。
How are they doing this? They're doing it in a very simple way, by calling their mom from work, by IMing from their office to their friends, by texting under the desk.
人们怎样才能做到这点?他们正用非常简单的方法来做到,例如工作时给妈妈打电话,从办公室给朋友们发即时通讯,在桌子下发短信。