《飞鸟集》
读《飞鸟集》,你会发现爱与被爱是何等的融洽;读《飞鸟集》,你会将烦恼和痛苦提炼为一种修行。年少的人读《飞鸟集》是有福的,因为,这就等于在你生命中种下了爱的种子,不知何时,就会生根发芽。
The world puts off its mask of vastness to its lover. It becomes small as one song, as one kiss of the eternal.
世界对着它的爱人,扯下它那庞大的面具。它变小了,小得宛如一首歌,小得宛如一个永恒的吻。
If you shed tears when you miss the sun, you also miss the stars.
如果你因错过太阳而哭泣,那么你也会错过群星了。
“What language is thine, O sea? ”
“The language of eternal question. ”
“What language is thy answer, O sky? ”
“The language of eternal silence.”
“大海啊,你说的是什么?”
“是永恒的质疑。”
“天空啊,你回答的是什么?”
“是永恒的沉默。”
That I exist is a perpetual surprise which is life.
我的存在,是一个永恒的惊奇,这就是人生。
My heart beats her waves at the shore of the world and writes upon it her signature in tears with the words, “I love thee.”
在世界之岸,我的心随着她的涟漪搏动,我用热泪写就了她的名字:“我爱你。 ”
The waterfall sings “, I find my song, when I find my freedom.”
瀑布歌唱着:“我得到自由时,也就有了歌声。”
You smiled and talked to me of nothing and I felt that for this I had been waiting long.
你对我微笑着,沉默不语。我觉得,为了这个,我已等候很久。
Let life be beautiful like summer flowers and death like autumn leaves.
让我们生时犹如夏花一般辉煌绚烂,死时犹如秋叶一般宁和静美。
当我们的心里住进一个他(她)的时候,
我们屡屡让另一颗收容我们的心饱受煎熬。
As we place a him or her in our hearts, we make another heart who houses us suffer endlessly.
Bees sip honey from flowers and hum their thanks when they leave.
The gaudy butterfly is sure that the flowers owe thanks to him.
蜜蜂在花丛中采蜜,离开时向花儿轻轻道谢。
花哨的蝴蝶却认为花儿应当向他致谢。
The water in a vessel is sparkling; the water in the sea is dark.
The small truth has words that are clear; the great truth has great silence.
杯中的水熠熠闪烁,海中的水却漆黑无边。
浅显的事理可以用文字阐释,而伟大的真理只能长久沉默
The cricket' s chirp and the patter of rain come to me through the dark, like the rustle of dreams from my past youth.
蟋蟀的啁啾,夜雨的淅沥,穿越黑暗传至我耳边,仿佛逝去的青春重返我的梦中。
When the sun goes down to the West, the East of his morning stands before him in silence.
夕阳西下,清晨的东方已默默地站在面前了。
The same lotus of our clime blooms here in the alien water with the same sweetness, under another name.
故乡的荷花在这陌生的水域绽放了,同样醇美,只是换了个名字。
Love' s pain sang round my life like the unplumbed sea; and love' s joy sang like birds in its flowering groves.
爱的苦痛,像澎湃的大海,在我的生命里放歌;而爱的快乐,像鸟儿在花丛中吟唱。
Some day I shall sing to thee in the sunrise of some other world:
“I have seen thee before in the light of the earth, in the love of man.”
总有一天,我将在另一个世界的晨光里对你歌唱:
“以前在地球的光里,在人类的爱里,我曾经见过你。