我是不会选择做一个普通人的。
I do not choose to be a common person.
如果我能够做到的话,我有权成为一位不寻常的人。
It is my right to be uncommon—if I can.
我寻找机会,但我不寻求安稳,
I seek opportunity—not security.
我不希望在国家的照顾下成为一名有保障的国民,那将被人瞧不起而使我感到痛苦不堪。
I do not wish to be a kept citizen, humbled and dulled by having the state look after me.
我要做有意义的冒险。
I want to take the calculated risk,
我要梦想,我要创造,我要失败,我也要成功。
to dream and to build, to fail and to succeed.
我拒绝用刺激来换取施舍;
I refuse to barter incentive for a dole;
我宁愿向生活挑战,而不愿过有保证的生活;
I prefer the challenges of life to the guaranteed existence;
宁愿要达到目的时的激动,而不愿要乌托邦式毫无生气的平静。
the thrill of fulfillment to the stale calm of Utopia.
我不会拿我的自由与慈善作交易,也不会拿我的尊严去与发给乞丐的食物作交易。 I will not trade my freedom for beneficence,nor my dignity for a handout.
我决不会在任何一位大师面前发抖,也不会为任何恐吓所屈服。
I will never cower before any master,nor bend to any threat.
我的天性是挺胸直立,骄傲而无所畏惧。
It is my heritage to stand erect, proud, and unafraid;
我勇敢地面对这个世界,自豪地说:在上帝的帮助下,我已经做到了。
to enjoy the benefit of my creations; and to face the world boldly ,and say: "This, with God's help, I have done."
IP属地:广东