1. It’s freezing/chilly out there!
外面冷死了!
2. There is a real nip in the air today.
今天寒气袭人。
3. Tomorrow is supposed to be mind-numbingly cold. I need to get out my heavy winter jacket.
明天应该非常冷,我需要拿出我的厚棉袄了。
4. The wind really chills me to the bone.
The wind is bone-chilling.
The wind just cuts right through you.
这寒风真是刺骨。
5. I’m frozen stiff.
我简直冻僵了。
6. I am freezing my toes off.
我脚趾头都快冻掉了。
7. I can’t stop shivering from the cold.
我冷得不停打哆嗦。
8. This cold front is taking its toll!
寒流正在发威呢!
图片发自简书App
sneak around /sni:k/偷偷摸摸,鬼鬼祟祟
This phrase means that someone is afraid to let others know what she/he is doing.
这个短语指的是某人瞒着别人做事,不敢让别人知道。
He has to sneak around and hide smoking from his parents.
他为了抽烟不得不偷偷摸摸躲开父母。
Don't sneak around! There's nothing to hide!
别偷偷摸摸,这没什么好隐瞒的!
图片发自简书App
图片发自简书App
图片发自简书App
图片发自简书App