I love taking baths.我爱泡澡。
“Yes, I still take my baths all day long. They're meditative. I have three a day," Tom Ford once said.
汤姆·福特曾经说过:“是的,我仍然整天洗澡。它们是有利于沉思冥想的。我一天洗三次澡。”
Just like the famous US designer and director, I like taking baths,too.
就像这位著名的美国设计师和导演一样,我也喜欢洗澡。
spend even more time in water about 16 hours a day
每天在水里泡的时间更长,大约16个小时
may wonder why I'm so crazy about
water
可能想知道我为什么这么着迷于水
have to say that I live in Africa
不得不说我住在非洲
You know how strong the sun there can
be.
你知道那里的太阳是有多强。
Hippos don't have air conditioners .
河马没有空调。
Staying in water is the only way to keep cool.
呆在水里是保持凉爽的唯一方法。
What's more, I can move very fast in water. use only a quarter of the energy I need to use on land.
更重要的是,我可以在水中移动得很快。在水中,我只使用陆地上所需能量的四分之一。
This way, I can run away from danger more easily.
这样,我可以更容易地逃离危险。
However, to help me get around better in water, evolution didnt give me fur.
然而,为了帮助我在水中更好地活动,进化没有给我毛皮。
That's terrible! Without the protection of fur, my skin is quite sensitive .
那太可怕了!没有毛皮的保护,我的皮肤很敏感。阳光很容易伤到它。
Sunlight can hurt it easily.
阳光很容易伤到它。
If I stay under the sun for a while, my skin will dry out and crach .
如果我在阳光下呆一段时间,我的皮肤就会干裂。
Ouch! It's painful. I only feel comfortable in water.
唉哟!这很痛苦。我只在水里感到舒服。
It makes my skin moist .
它让我的皮肤变得湿润。
That's why you can't see me on land before sunset.
这就是为什么日落前你在陆地上看不到我的原因。
Hippo fun facts
河马有趣的事实
Most of the time,hippos don't actually swim. They walk along the bottoms of rivers and lakes.
大多数时候,河马实际上并不会游泳。他们沿着河流和湖底行走。
A hippo's nose, ears and eyes are on the top of its head. This way it can breathe , see and hear while its body is in the water.
河马的鼻子、耳朵和眼睛都在头顶。这样,当它的身体在水中时,它就可以呼吸、看和听。
Hippos leave the water at night.They run as far as 8 kilometers to eat short grasses.
河马晚上离开水,它们尽可能快地跑了8公里就为了吃短草。