Conversation With A Purpose(一场目的明确的谈话)
Well done - you have been invited to an interview!(干得不错——你现在已经收到面试邀请了!)
For most people this invitation is the point at which panic sets in. But, remember:(对大多数人而言,收到面试邀请之初都会感到紧张。但是请记住下面几点:)
1. An interview is just a conversation with a purpose - a very important conversation but simply a conversation after all.(面试只不过是一场目的明确的谈话——但不管怎样,这是一场简单而又极其重要的谈话。)
2. It is normally inevitable for most jobs.(通常情况下对于绝大部分工作而言这是必经的程序。)
3. If you follow certain rules you can enhance your chances of success.(如果你遵循一定的规则,就能增加成功的机会。)
4. The effective interviewer should want you to help him/her solve a problem, ie: fill the vacancy.(一名合格的面试官通常会让你帮他/她解决一个问题,例如:填补职位空缺。)
5. It is a two-way process for both parties to find out about each other.(这是一个双方彼此增进了解的双向过程。)
6. It can sometimes change your life forever.(有时一次面试会改变你的一生。)
7. Quite often the interviewer is just as nervous as you are.(通常情况下,面试官和你一样紧张。)
The interviewer should just tell me the words he wants to say and i will repeat them after him. (面试官往往会告诉我他希望听些什么,而我则会根据他的提示作答。)—— Andy Warhol