1-take off离开;起飞;休假;打折,优惠折扣
Ok, I'm gonna take off.好了,我要走了。
The plane took off on time.飞机按时起飞了。
You should take a day off tomorrow.你明天应该休息一天。
They took 20 percent off the price.他们把价格降低20%(打八折)。
2-take years off 显年轻
The haircut took years off you.这头剪得让你显年轻多了。
3-take for把……当作
Do you take me for a fool?你把我当傻子吗?
4-take out杀掉,干掉;摧毁
The sniper's there.I should take him out.狙击手在那儿,我应该干掉他。
The bombers took out the radio station.轰炸机摧毁了无线电台。
5-take down写下,记下;把……搞垮,把……拖下水
She took down a letter.她写下了一封信。
If I'm in jail, I'll take you down.如果我进了监狱,我会拖你下水。
6-take over接管,掌管,掌权
I'm taking over while the boss is on vacation.老板度假期间我接管一切。
7-take back收回(说过的话、物品等)
You'd better take back what you just said.你最好收回刚刚说的话。
8-none taken不介意
A:Your brother's an idiot.No offense.你弟弟是个傻瓜。无意冒犯。
B:None taken.我不介意。
9-take care of照顾;处理,对付,搞定
She's taking good care of you.她把你照顾得很好。
Let me take care of it.这事儿交给我搞定吧。
10-take a hike滚开,一边儿去,哪儿凉快上哪儿去
Okay, I've had it with you.Take a hike!好了,我受够你了。滚蛋!
11-take a break休息一下,喘口气
Let's take a break and we'll discuss it later.我们休息一下,晚点儿再讨论。
12-take chances冒险,碰运气
A:You'll get dumped.你会被甩的。
B:I'll take my chances.我碰碰自己的运气。
13-take five/ten短暂休息一下
A:Come on!We're too tired.拜托!我们太累了。
B:All right, we'll take ten.好吧,我们休息十分钟。
14-take into account考虑(某人或某事物)
I'll take into account all the important details.我会考虑所有重要的细节。
15-take one's time慢慢来,不着急
There's no need to rush.Just take your time.不用着急,慢慢来。
16-take a nap小憩一会儿
I'm gonna take a nap after lunch.午饭后我要小憩一会儿。
17-take a rain check延期,改天再约
I have to take a rain check on our date.我们的约会得延期了。
18-take a picture拍照,照相
Could you take a picture of me?你能帮我拍张照吗?
19-take advantage of占便宜;利用
It feels like I'm taking advantage of you.感觉像是我在占你的便宜。
20-take credit for归功于,居功;有恩于
I can't take credit for the entire success.我不能把全部的成功归功于自己。
I take credit for her.她欠我一个人情(我有恩于她)。
21-take out on somebody拿某人出气
Don't take it out on me.别拿我出气。
22-take the courage鼓起勇气
He finally took the courage to tell her the truth.他最终鼓起勇气把真相告诉了她。
23-take it or leave it要么接受,要么走开,你没有选择的余地
That's my final offer.Take it or leave it.这是我最后的出价了,要不要随你。
24-take-out外卖(美式);take-away外卖(英式)
Maybe we should order take-out.或许我们应该叫外卖。
25-take a dump大便;take a leak小便