1-getting at意指,暗示
I'm not sure what you're getting at.我不知道你意指什么。
2-get into惹上,陷入
Don't get into any trouble.不要惹麻烦。
3-get to somebody让某人烦心,惹某人生气
Don't let it get to you.It's not worth it.别为它生气,这不值得。
4-get up起床,叫某人起床
I've got to get Wendy up, or she will be late for work.我得叫温蒂起床,不然她上班会迟到的。
5-Get out(of here)!滚蛋;我才不信呢!得了吧!少来了!(表示怀疑或者不相信)
Get the hell out of here!You bastard!滚蛋!你个浑蛋!
A:I'm sexy and I know it.我知道我很性感。
B:Get out of here!少来了!
6-get over克服,不再纠结,熬过;恢复
You really need to get over this.你真的应该让这事过去。
7-get through熬过去,挺过去
We're going to get through this.
我们会挺过去的/熬过去的。
8-get going开始行动,离开
We'd better get going!It's kinda late.我们最好赶紧出发,有点儿晚了。(kinda=kind of有点儿)
9-get there成功,达到目标,得偿所愿
I always wanted to be rich, and I finally got there this year.我之前一直想变得富有,今年终于得偿所愿。
10-get started开始
Since you're all here, let's get started now.既然你们都在,我们现在开始吧。
11-get laid of被炒鱿鱼,被裁员
Terry got laid off two days ago.特瑞两天前刚刚被炒鱿鱼。
12-get back at报复,复仇
He's trying to get back at me.他试图报复我。
13-get rid of摆脱,除去,抛弃,甩掉
I just can't get rid of her.She's everywhere.我没法甩掉她,到哪儿都有她的影子。
14-get old变得枯燥,变得无聊,腻了(通常因为重复过多造成)
You've listened to this song over 100 times!It's getting old, man!这首歌你已经重复听了超过100遍!都听腻了!
15-get married结婚,成亲
They're getting married next month.他们下个月结婚。
16-get drunk喝醉,喝高了
She got drunk at the party.她在派对上喝高了。
17-get high嗑药,吸毒
Dude, did you get high?老兄,你嗑药了吧?!
18-get somebody wrong误会某人
Don't get me wrong, but I don't think she's that into you.别误会我的意思,我是觉得她不是那么喜欢你。
19-getting on(in years)上了年纪,变老了
He's getting on in years, but he's still healthy.他上了年纪,但还是很健康。
20-get somebody down击垮某人,使某人沮丧或崩溃
Don't let it get you down.It will be over soon.别让它击垮你,事情很快会过去的。
21-get on with it赶快,赶紧,快点儿
If you don't get on with it, we will never finish this work.如果你不赶快的话,我们永远都完成不了这项工作。
22-get the runs拉肚子
I've got the runs these days.最近几天我总拉肚子。
23-get to the point直截了当,直奔主题
Would you just get to the point?你能不能直奔主题?
24-get along well with合群,混得关系好,吃得开
She's getting along well with her roommates.她跟她的室友关系很好。
25-Get yourself together!振作起来!(=pull yourself together)
A:I lost my job and my girlfriend just broke up with me.I'm such a loser.我丢了工作,女朋友也刚刚跟我分手。我真是个窝囊废。
B:Come on!Get yourself together!You're a great guy.拜托,振作起来!你很棒的!
26-get over yourself得了吧,少来了,别自作多情了,别臭美了
A:You're totally in love with me, aren't you?你是彻底爱上我了是不?
B:Get over yourself!别自作多情了!
27-(I'm)just getting by勉强过活,还行吧,还凑合,经济上勉强过得去
A:How you doing, Terry?特瑞,最近怎么样?
B:Just getting by.还凑合吧。
28-get somebody of your back让某人不再烦你,摆脱某人使之不再烦你
I have to figure out a way to get her off my back.
我真得想个办法让她别再烦我。
29-get up on the wrong side of bed吃错药,牢骚满腹
Did you get up on the wrong side of bed or something?You are so grouchy.你是吃错药了还是怎么的?怎么这么牢骚满腹的。
30-Buy one, get one free.(缩写:BOGO)买一赠一。