Congrats, indeed. A thing like that. |
恭喜做了件这么了不起的事情 |
You're a writer? You write? |
你是个作家吗你居然会写作 |
Well, yes. |
是的 |
The weird thing is short fiction is not my strong suit. |
奇怪的是我并不擅长短篇故事 |
I have two novels. |
我写了两部小说 |
Novels? About what? |
小说关于什么的 |
One is about a roughneck on an oil rig |
一个是关于钻井工人 |
who has to move to Manhattan |
他不得不搬到曼哈顿去 |
because his wife's mother is sick. |
因为妻子的母亲病了 |
The other one is, well, |
另一个是 |
a woman who's a widow... |
一个寡妇 |
she kind of got stuck with this family farm. |
被困在了家族农场 |
No one will help her except this boy. |
只有一个男孩愿意帮她 |
Those don't even sound stupid. |
听上去不傻啊 |
Thanks. |
多谢 |
I mean, they both sound good. |
我是说听上去都还不错 |
- Want to read one?- I do. |
-想读吗-当然 |
But I also want to talk about Liberty Capital Savings. |
但我还是想谈谈自由资产储蓄的计划 |
Right. |
好 |
Talk, one of you. |
说吧谁先说 |
As you know, Jack Konig says |
如你所知杰克·康纳说 |
they want a new promotion. |
他们想要一个新的宣传计划 |
Interest rates are level. |
利息相同的情况下 |
Some kind of irresistible fireworks that bring people to the bank, |
一些让人着魔的焰火引领着人们到银行去 |
even if it's just to visit. |
即使只是去看看而已 |
I hate it when they say fireworks. |
我讨厌他们用焰火这个词 |
Especially when they keep talking about a toaster |
尤其是他们还用那种有加热盘的烤箱 |
with a warming tray on top, or a blender. |
或是搅拌机来吸引客户 |
A blender's nice. |
搅拌机很好啊 |
Jack keeps talking about escalating the toaster wars |
杰克不停的在说弄一个烤箱大派送 |
In order to lure women in, |
来吸引更多的女性客户 |
Which is silly when you think about it, |
这样想就太蠢了 |
Because other than a few working girls, |
因为除了个别工作的女孩 |
Most women aren't in charge of the banking. |
大部分妇女不会把钱存到银行 |
Not in my house. |
我家那位就不会 |
They visit the bank. |
她们光顾银行 |
They do. |
是的 |
All we do is try to get the girls in. |
我们一直只针对女性客户 |
Families. |
还有家庭 |
But you know what? |
但是你知道吗 |
Men need their own accounts, beyond the family. |
男人们需要自己的账户私人的 |
Men? |
男人们? |
Oh, I can see that. |
我明白了 |
Discretion. Discretionary. |
自由支配自由行使权 |
Statements sent to the office. |
账单送到公司 |
完整版请点击 |
|
Yes. |
是的 |
Liberty Capital Private Account. |
自由资产私人账户 |
No. |
不 |
Executive Account. |
执行账户 |
That's why he won an award. |
这就是他得奖的原因 |
Accounts won the award. |
账户奖 |
There's a call for you from Bix Beiderbecke. |
来自比格斯·拜特柏克的电话 |
Hello, Mr. Beiderbecke? |
你好拜特柏克先生 |
It's me, and don't ask who, or you'll spoil the mood. |
是我要是还问是谁就太没情趣了 |
Who's Bix? |
谁是比格斯 |
The trumpeter. |
一个小号手 |
I was thinking about playing the horn this afternoon. |
我在想今天下午吹吹号 |
Where are you calling me from? |
你在哪给我打电话 |
I just had a phone put in. |
我装了个电话 |
Really. Instant connection, |
真的快速联络 |
Just like that night at the ticket booth in Grand Central. |
就像那晚在中央车站的售票亭一样 |
Midge, I'm at work. |
米琪我在工作 |
Just get down here. |
赶快过来吧 |
I want you to pull my hair and ravish me |
我想让你扯我的头发强暴我 |
And leave me for dead. |
直到我欲仙欲死 |
I'll be back after lunch. |
我午饭后回来 |
Kenneth Cosgrove. |
肯尼斯·科斯格罗夫 |
I think I'm going to vomit. |
我快吐了 |
Who the hell is Ken Cosgrove? |
肯尼斯·科斯格罗夫何许人也 |
He's from Burlington, Vermont. |
他来自佛蒙特的伯灵顿 |
His father is a salesman. |
父亲是个推销员 |
What does that have to do with it? |
你说这个有什么意义 |
I can't believe he got published |
我真不敢相信他的文章居然出版了 |
And didn't tell anyone until it came out. |
而且直到刊印发行才公之于众 |
No, he kept walking around like the idiot he is. |
他不停地走来走去像个傻子 |
I have this story about this crazy night I had |
我有个故事关于一个疯狂的夜晚 |
where I ended up in Jersey City with all these Negroes, |
我和一群黑人走在新泽西城里 |
and we all got along. |
我们共度一段美好时光 |
Can you imagine how good that story is? |
你能想象有多有趣吗 |
No. |
不能 |
It is. |
可它就是有趣 |
It's a national magazine. |
那可是全国发行的杂志 |
Yep. |
是的 |
That hurts, too. |
这更伤人 |
That was it. |
就是这样的 |
That's what I called for. |
我打电话给你就是为了得到刚刚的快感 |
You can go. |
你可以走了 |
You can't call me at work. |
上班时别给我打电话 |
You scared of me getting lonely all the time? |
你不怕我这样一直孤单下去吗 |
Start having conversations with you |
我可能会忍不住跟你聊天 |
And ring you all the time, |
并且总给你打电话 |
saying, "When are you gonna come over?" |
然后说"你什么时候来" |
This is working right now. |
可现在是工作的时间 |
And it worked today. |
整天都是工作的时间 |
Look, I'm sorry your life is in a million pieces. |
我很抱歉你的生活五彩缤纷 |
Be easier for you to have one less. |
失去我对你来说也无所谓 |
I hurt your feelings. |
我伤害你了 |
You didn't like my call a little bit? |
你一点也不喜欢我打电话吗 |
I'm here. |
我不就在这里吗 |
And you waited until you were done |
你就是想让我 |
to make me feel bad about the phone call. |
为打了那通电话自责难受 |