新闻编辑室第1季第3集台词

英文 中文
20 seconds to VTR. 20秒开播
Stand by, 13-27. 13-27预备
Joey, ready on graphics. 乔伊字幕准备
Let's check the stack on file 102. 检查102号文件的存储
15 seconds to VTR. 15秒开播
Stand by, roll-in, stand by, SOT 1. 切换信号预备1号新闻带预备
- Standing. - 10 seconds. -预备就绪-10秒
Ready, roll-in, ready, SOT 1. 切换信号准备1号新闻带准备
- Ready. - In four, three, two, one. -准备就绪-4321
Roll-in. 切换信号
I welcome these hearings because of the opportunity 我支持这一系列听证会的原因是
完整版请点击
that they provide to the American people 国人能通过听证会
to better understand why the tragedy of 9/11 happened 更透彻地了解911悲剧为何会发生
and what we must do to prevent a reoccurrence. 并认识到如何才能避免悲剧重演
I also welcome the hearings because it is finally a forum 我支持听证会还因为我想借此机会
where I can apologize 作出道歉
to the loved ones of the victims of 9/11. 向911遇难者的家属朋友道歉
To them who are here in the room, 向在场的各位道歉
to those who are watching on television, 向电视机前的观众道歉
your government failed you. 政府辜负了你们
Those entrusted with protecting you 受托保护你们的机构与人员
failed you. 辜负了你们
And I failed you. 我辜负了你们
Good evening. I'm Will McAvoy. 晚上好我是威尔·麦卡沃伊
This is "News Night," And that was a clip 这里是《晚间新闻》您刚才看到的
of Richard Clarke, former counterterrorism chief 是在乔治·布什总统任期内的前反恐事务主管
to President George W. Bush, 理查德·克拉克的发言片段
testifying before Congress on March 24, 2004. 2004年3月24日在国会的一段声明
Americans liked that moment. 国人喜欢那个时刻
I liked that moment. 我喜欢那个时刻
Adults should hold themselves accountable for failure. 成年人应该为自己的失败负责
And so tonight I'm beginning this newscast 因此在今晚节目的开始
by joining Mr. Clarke in apologizing 请容我学习克拉克先生作出道歉
to the American people for our failure. 为我们的失职向国人道歉
The failure of this program during the time I've been in charge of it 在我负责期间本节目未能起到
to successfully inform and educate the American electorate. 报道信息和引导选民的作用
Let me be clear that I don't apologize on behalf of all broadcast journalists, 在此声明我的道歉不代表所有新闻工作者
nor do all broadcast journalists owe an apology. 也并非所有新闻工作者都需要道歉
I speak for myself. 我只代表自己
I was an accomplice to a slow and repeated and unacknowledged 在我的推波助澜下我们步入了缓慢、反复
and unamended train wreck of failures 不自觉、不加修正的一系列失职
that have brought us to now. 落到如斯田地
I'm a leader in an industry that miscalled election results, 在我的引领下新闻业误报选举结果
hyped up terror scares, ginned up controversy, 散播"恐"慌挑拨争端
and failed to report on tectonic shifts in our country. 却对国家面对的巨变避而不报
From the collapse of the financial system 忽视了金融体系的崩溃
to the truths about how strong we are 忽视了我们的真实力量
to the dangers we actually face. 更忽视了我们真正面临的危险
I'm a leader in an industry that misdirected 在我的引领下新闻业
your attention with the dexterity of Harry Houdini 利用魔术戏法误导公众视线
while sending hundreds of thousands of our bravest 未尽职调查便将数十万
young men and women off to war without due diligence. 英勇的年轻人推上了战场
尼尔, 威尔发给我的
The reason we failed isn't a mystery. 失职的原因显而易见
We took a dive for the ratings. 一味追求收视率
In the infancy of mass communications, 大众传媒发展初期
the Columbus and Magellan of broadcast journalism, 新闻界的哥伦布和麦哲伦
William Paley and David Sarnoff, 威廉·佩里和大卫·沙诺夫
went down to Washington to cut a deal with Congress. 直入华盛顿跟国会谈判
Congress would allow the fledgling networks 国会同意让羽翼未丰的广播电视网
free use of taxpayer-owned airwaves 无偿使用纳税人所有的电视广播
in exchange for one public service. 作为交换他们需履行一项公共服务
That public service would be one hour of air time 即每晚单独拿出一小时
set aside every night for informational broadcasting, 用于信息的报道
or what we now call the evening news. 即如今的晚间新闻
Congress, unable to anticipate the enormous capacity 国会没有预料到电视广告
television would have to deliver consumers to advertisers, 会对消费者产生的巨大影响力
failed to include in its deal the one requirement 没能在协议中加入关键一条
that would have changed our national discourse 从而彻底改变全国话语的面貌
immeasurably for the better. 使之倍加完善
Congress forgot to add that under no circumstances 国会忘记加上无论任何情况
could there be paid advertising during informational broadcasting. 在信息报道中不得出现付费广告
They forgot to say that 他们忘记说
taxpayers will give you the airwaves for free 纳税人可以让你免费使用电视广播
and for 23 hours a day you should make a profit, 一天23小时里你们尽管赚钱
but for one hour a night you work for us. 但每晚一小时你为我们服务
And now those network newscasts, 如今电视网的新闻节目
anchored through history by honest-to-God newsmen 纵观历史那些正直至极的主播
with names like Murrow and Reasoner and Huntley and Brinkley 例如默罗里森纳亨特利布林克利
and Buckley andCronkite and Rather and Russert... 巴克利克朗凯特拉瑟拉瑟特
now they have to compete with the likes of me. 现在他们不得不同我这种人竞争
A cable anchor who's in the exact same business as the producers of "Jersey Shore." 我这种跟《泽西海岸》一个水准的新闻主播
And that business was good to us, 我们靠这样的水准活得好好的
but "News Night" Is quitting that business right now. 但现在《晚间新闻》将摒弃这种水准
It might come as a surprise to you 你可能会大吃一惊
that some of history's greatest 美国史上最伟大的一些
American journalists are working right now, 新闻工作者目前仍然在奋战
exceptional minds with years of experience 凭借其卓越的思想多年的经验
and an unshakeable devotion to reporting the news. 和坚定不移的热忱为大家播报着新闻
But these voices are a small minority now 然而这样的声音已是极少数
and they don't stand a chance against the circus when the circus comes to town. 他们无法与招摇过街的马戏团相抗衡
They're overmatched. 他们势单力薄
I'm quitting the circus and switching teams. 我要退出马戏团改换立场
I'm going with the guys who are getting creamed. 我要加入那些屡战屡败的人
I'm moved that they still think they can win 我被他们屡败屡战的精神所打动
and I hope they can teach me a thing or two. 希望他们能对我指点一二
From this moment on, we'll be deciding what goes on our air 从今以后将由我们来决定播出哪些内容
and how it's presented to you 如何呈现给你们
based on the simple truth 标准只有一条
that nothing is more important to a democracy than a well-informed electorate. 民主社会的第一要素是选民的知情权
We'll endeavor to put information in a broader context 我们将竭力对播报的信息给予全面的背景
because we know that very little news is born 因为当一则新闻刚诞生时
at the moment it comes across our wire. 所包含的信息量极少
We'll be the champion of facts 我们将极力拥护事实
完整版请点击
and the mortal enemy of innuendo, speculation, hyperbole, and nonsense. 杜绝含沙射影空穴来风的报道
We're not waiters in a restaurant 我们不是餐厅的服务员
serving you the stories you asked for just the way you like them prepared. 不会依照你的口味来调整新闻
Nor are we computers dispensing only the facts 我们也不做只会陈述事实的机器
because news is only useful in the context of humanity. 因为新闻只有沾染了人性才有意义
I'll make no effort to subdue my personal opinions. 我将丝毫不隐藏我的个人观点
I will make every effort to expose you 我也会全力向你呈现
to informed opinions that are different from my own. 与我不同但有根据的其它观点
You may ask who are we to make these decisions. 你也许会问我们凭什么决定报道内容
We are Mackenzie McHale and myself. 凭我和麦肯兹·麦克黑尔
Miss McHale is our executive producer. 麦克黑尔小姐是我们的执行制片人
She marshals the resources of over 100 reporters, 她带领着一百多人的团队包括记者
producers, analysts, technicians, 制片人分析师和技术员
and her credentials are readily available. 她的资历随处可以查到
I'm "News Night"'s managing editor 而我则是《晚间新闻》的执行总编
and make the final decision on everything seen and heard on this program. 负责本节目所有内容的最终决策
Who are we to make these decisions? 我们凭什么决定报道内容
We're the media elite. 凭我们是媒体精英
We'll be back after this with the news. 接下来为您带来今晚的新闻
It would be accurate to say it started with his on-air apology. 确切地说一切始于他在直播节目中致歉
《晚间新闻》业绩分析 2010年4月至11月
Pardon, it would be accurate to say what started? 确切地说是什么开始了
Was he aware that he went on television 他知不知道自己在电视直播上说
and said everything his network had done up until that point was trash? 迄今为止这家电视网所做的都是垃圾
I think he was fully aware of what he said 我想他知道自己说了些什么
and that he was on television when he said it. 也知道他说这些话时是在直播
He also took responsibility for himself 他还把责任揽到了自己身上
and not the network or the company. 没有责怪电视网或公司
What are we talking about? 你们到底想说什么
You're working late. 还没下班啊
Well, it was either this or go home. 是啊下班也只能回家
- So... - Listen, I was at a bar. -所以-我刚才在酒吧
I saw the show tonight at a bar. 我是在酒吧里看到这期节目的
And I may have been overserved. 也许我喝多了
I'm fine, I'm just... if I say anything... 我没醉...如果我说错话...
You want to sit down? 坐下来说
How much did you have to do with writing that opening tonight? 今晚的开场白多少是你写的
It was something Will wanted to do. 是威尔想要这么做
He passed it around. 他把稿子发给大家
I would have loved to have been part of that. 我其实很乐意加入你们
I could have done the show you guys want to do. 我可以做出你们想要的节目
I'm equipped for that. 我有这能力
God, Don, that's... 老天唐那真是...
you can. You can. 你可以的
You guys can follow up. 你们可以跟进报道
You can expand, you can rebut. 详细展开甚至反驳我们
I've got a mandate. 我被下了死命令
Bring viewers to 10:00. 提高10点档的收视率
I don't, and they'll try someone else until someone does. 我若做不到他们会换个能做到的来做
I have to cover Natalee Holloway. 我不得不报道娜塔妮·哈勒维
And you guys just set me up to look like an asshole 我都还没有机会开始
before I even got a chance to get started. 你们就把我弄得像个混蛋
- That wasn't... - Oh, no, shut up. -那不是...-闭嘴
That wasn't our intent. 我们不是故意的
And you can insist... 你可以坚持...
you can insist on... 你可以坚持...
That's what you were reading on your BlackBerry, right? 原来你昨晚看的是这个
Yeah. 是的
I mean, it said "Eyes only," Baby. 信上写着"内部传阅"宝贝
I've got eyes. 我是外人吗
The apology was a Monday. 致歉的事发生在周一
The following Saturday was the Times Square bomb. 周六就发生了时代广场爆炸案
By Tuesday we had all the facts. 到了周二我们已搜集了足够事实
This is the kind of story that makes people want to turn on the news, 观众最喜欢看这种新闻
so you want to take advantage of it. 当然应该好好利用
That's News 101, right? 这是新闻入门了吧
What is this meeting? 这会议到底是干嘛的
Is it News 101? 这是新闻入门吗
To artificially hype the threat of a bomb? 人为夸大炸弹的威胁
You're confusing it with Douchebaggery 101. 你那是混蛋入门
- And the Muslim? - That was a borderline call, -那穆斯林呢-那是个擦边球
but they're qualified to make borderline calls. 但他们有资格打擦边球
- What is this meeting about? - Keep going. -这到底是什么会议-继续
By comparison, CBS had Katie open her show from Times Square 比较一下CBS台凯蒂以连线时代广场来开场
while "News Night" gave it three minutes and 20 seconds. 而《晚间新闻》只用了3分20秒来报道
Basically said there was nothing to worry about 基本上等于告诉观众不必担心
and, as you said, mentioned that one of the people 并且如你所说提到了报警的民众
who notified the police was a Muslim. 其中一个是个穆斯林
That's called squandering an opportunity. 这是白白浪费了一个好机会
These are the important facts. First, it was a lone wolf. 重要事实如下首先这是个人行动
Shahzad was trained in Pakistan, 沙赫扎德虽然在巴基斯坦受训
but he wasn't connected to a terror network. 但与恐怖组织没有关联
Second, the situation was handled by first responders 第二是由急救先遣队处理了威胁
in law enforcement, not an army. 而不是军队
And finally, the system worked. 最后一点体制奏效了
He was taken off the plane by a final check 在对乘客名单做最后一道检查时
of the flight manifest by a US Customs officer. 案犯被查出并由海关人员带下飞机
What about the fact he was allowed on the plane in the first place 还有个事实他十小时前就上了禁飞名单
10 hours after the feds put him on a no-fly list? 可他还是登上了飞机
The airline hadn't updated its files yet, 航空公司当时还没更新名单
which is why Customs and Border Protection does a second check. 所以海关与边境保护局才会再查一遍
- That's the system working. - Three minutes at the top. -体制确实奏效了-最多三分钟
- Will? - Agree. -威尔-同意
You understand we're making a conscious 你明白我们现在
choice now to do the boring version of the story? 是自己选择要做枯燥的新闻
-That's not how I'd put it, but - Great. -我不会这么说不过...-很好
- Mac, there's one more thing. - Yeah? -麦肯还有一点-什么
Everyone's reporting that it was a t-shirt vendor 所有的报道都说是一个卖T恤的小贩
named Lance Orton who spotted the smoking car and called 9-1-1. 兰斯·奥尔顿看到汽车冒烟后报警
- It was. - I know, but it turns out Lance Orton -没错-但事实上兰斯·奥尔顿
was alerted to the smoking car by a photograph vendor 是受到身边一个拍照小贩的提醒
named Aliou Niasse, an immigrant from Senegal. 他名叫阿利奥·涅瑟是塞内加尔移民
Why haven't we heard about this guy? 我怎么没听说过这人
Two possible reasons. One is that he didn't make the call. 两个可能原因第一不是他打的电话
He said... 他说
"I thought I should call 9-1-1, but my English is not very good "我觉得应该打911但我英语不太好
and I had no credit left on my phone. 而且我手机没钱了
So I walked over to Lance who 所以我就去找兰斯
has a t-shirt stall next to mine and told him." 他的T恤铺子就在我旁边
What's the second possible reason we haven't heard about him? 第二个原因是什么
- He's a Muslim. - How'd you get this? -他是穆斯林-哪来的消息
A Pakistani blog. 一个巴基斯坦人的博客
It's not the world's most reliable source. 这个不太靠谱啊
I know, so I confirmed it with the NYPD, and it's true. 我知道所以我向纽约警方确认过是真的
And the "Times of London" has it online. 泰晤士报已经在网上报道了
And I think if the religion of the bomber is important, 我认为如果说爆炸者的宗教信仰很重要
then so's the religion of the guy who saved everyone's life. 那么救了大家性命的人的宗教信仰同样重要
- So do I. - All right. -我同意-好
3:20 at the top. 最多3分20秒
How many viewers did he lose that night? 他那一晚收视人数降了多少
Well, we all know he made enemies that night 大家也知道那晚的节目已经把
out of Fox and right-wing radio. 福克斯和右翼电台给得罪了
- A lot of negative press. - How many viewers did he lose? -负评不断-收视人数少了多少
- People want the most up-to-date information. - They were getting it. -观众要看的是最新信息-这不是有吗
Didn't feel like it when everyone else was saying 其它媒体都称这是恐怖威胁无疑
it's a genuine threat... 你这就不像是...
It didn't feel like it? 不像?
- How many? - 7%. -降了多少-7%
He gave back the gains he made after Northwestern. 西北大学事件后赚来的优势全没了
And that's the kind of thing that would ordinarily scare Will straight. 通常这情况早把威尔吓死了
But it didn't. 可这次却没有
Media Matters think progress. "媒体重要""思想进步"
"媒体重要": 激进派媒体 "思想进步": 自由派政治博客
Howard Kurtz and the "Columbia Journalism Review" 霍华德·库尔兹还有《哥伦比亚新闻评论》
霍华德·库尔兹: 很有影响力的记者 《哥伦比亚新闻评论》: 新闻专业杂志
all praised our coverage of the Times Square bomb. 都对我们的报道大加赞赏
Do any of them advertise on our network? 他们在我们这儿投广告了吗
I don't believe they advertise anywhere. 他们在哪儿都不投广告
And by any chance was it around this time 碰巧又是在这个时候
that Will had some kind of epiphany about the Tea Party? 威尔对茶党突然有了见解
The Tea Party isn't what it started out to be. 茶党已经面目全非了
Have you slept? 你没睡好吧
I got up at 2:00 AM and broke down polling data 我半夜两点起来分析了犹他州
from the Republican Senate primary race in Utah. 共和党参议员初选的民调数据
I never heard anyone say that before. 第一次听说
Someone faxed me the polling data. I don't even know who. 有人把民调结果传真给我了不知道是谁

获取完整的剧集台词和单词统计,请移步赞赏区(无需赞赏),关键字“新闻编辑室”

©著作权归作者所有,转载或内容合作请联系作者
  • 序言:七十年代末,一起剥皮案震惊了整个滨河市,随后出现的几起案子,更是在滨河造成了极大的恐慌,老刑警刘岩,带你破解...
    沈念sama阅读 222,183评论 6 516
  • 序言:滨河连续发生了三起死亡事件,死亡现场离奇诡异,居然都是意外死亡,警方通过查阅死者的电脑和手机,发现死者居然都...
    沈念sama阅读 94,850评论 3 399
  • 文/潘晓璐 我一进店门,熙熙楼的掌柜王于贵愁眉苦脸地迎上来,“玉大人,你说我怎么就摊上这事。” “怎么了?”我有些...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 168,766评论 0 361
  • 文/不坏的土叔 我叫张陵,是天一观的道长。 经常有香客问我,道长,这世上最难降的妖魔是什么? 我笑而不...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 59,854评论 1 299
  • 正文 为了忘掉前任,我火速办了婚礼,结果婚礼上,老公的妹妹穿的比我还像新娘。我一直安慰自己,他们只是感情好,可当我...
    茶点故事阅读 68,871评论 6 398
  • 文/花漫 我一把揭开白布。 她就那样静静地躺着,像睡着了一般。 火红的嫁衣衬着肌肤如雪。 梳的纹丝不乱的头发上,一...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 52,457评论 1 311
  • 那天,我揣着相机与录音,去河边找鬼。 笑死,一个胖子当着我的面吹牛,可吹牛的内容都是我干的。 我是一名探鬼主播,决...
    沈念sama阅读 40,999评论 3 422
  • 文/苍兰香墨 我猛地睁开眼,长吁一口气:“原来是场噩梦啊……” “哼!你这毒妇竟也来了?” 一声冷哼从身侧响起,我...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 39,914评论 0 277
  • 序言:老挝万荣一对情侣失踪,失踪者是张志新(化名)和其女友刘颖,没想到半个月后,有当地人在树林里发现了一具尸体,经...
    沈念sama阅读 46,465评论 1 319
  • 正文 独居荒郊野岭守林人离奇死亡,尸身上长有42处带血的脓包…… 初始之章·张勋 以下内容为张勋视角 年9月15日...
    茶点故事阅读 38,543评论 3 342
  • 正文 我和宋清朗相恋三年,在试婚纱的时候发现自己被绿了。 大学时的朋友给我发了我未婚夫和他白月光在一起吃饭的照片。...
    茶点故事阅读 40,675评论 1 353
  • 序言:一个原本活蹦乱跳的男人离奇死亡,死状恐怖,灵堂内的尸体忽然破棺而出,到底是诈尸还是另有隐情,我是刑警宁泽,带...
    沈念sama阅读 36,354评论 5 351
  • 正文 年R本政府宣布,位于F岛的核电站,受9级特大地震影响,放射性物质发生泄漏。R本人自食恶果不足惜,却给世界环境...
    茶点故事阅读 42,029评论 3 335
  • 文/蒙蒙 一、第九天 我趴在偏房一处隐蔽的房顶上张望。 院中可真热闹,春花似锦、人声如沸。这庄子的主人今日做“春日...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 32,514评论 0 25
  • 文/苍兰香墨 我抬头看了看天上的太阳。三九已至,却和暖如春,着一层夹袄步出监牢的瞬间,已是汗流浃背。 一阵脚步声响...
    开封第一讲书人阅读 33,616评论 1 274
  • 我被黑心中介骗来泰国打工, 没想到刚下飞机就差点儿被人妖公主榨干…… 1. 我叫王不留,地道东北人。 一个月前我还...
    沈念sama阅读 49,091评论 3 378
  • 正文 我出身青楼,却偏偏与公主长得像,于是被迫代替她去往敌国和亲。 传闻我的和亲对象是个残疾皇子,可洞房花烛夜当晚...
    茶点故事阅读 45,685评论 2 360

推荐阅读更多精彩内容