与维多利亚共品香茗第1季第2集中英台词整理和单词统计
英文 | 中文 |
---|---|
Has there ever been a drink that's meant more to the British than tea? | 对英国人来说有什么饮品比茶更重要吗 |
Soon as you start work, cup of tea | 开始工作时喝一杯茶 |
and then you have a break, you have a cup of tea... | 休息时喝一杯 |
A good, hot cup of tea worked wonders. | 一杯热气腾腾香气四溢的好茶具有奇效 |
And it doesn't get more English than tea. | 没有什么比一杯茶能让你更有英国范儿了 |
But tea's not English, it's not even British. | 但茶不是源自英格兰更非英国 |
We've seen that we had to travel half way across the globe | 我们需要跨越半个地球 |
to get hold of Camellia sinensis. | 才能找到野茶树 |
We had to wage wars and smuggle drugs, | 我们需要发动战争走私毒品 |
and find a country where we could grow it, | 才找到一个能种植它的国家 |
all for the sake of getting our daily cuppa. | 千辛万苦才能得来每天的一杯茶 |
Probably led us to rule the world. | 可能是茶驱使我们征服世界的 |
Ok! | 行了 |
完整版请点击 | |
Now I want to find out why. | 现在我要一探缘由究竟 |
To be without tea was to be without lifeline, you know? | 没了茶就像没了生命一样 |
How has it come to mean so much to us, this little exotic leaf? | 这种异国香叶为什么对我们如此重要呢 |
It can console you, there's the warmth and the ritual | 它的温暖与规律性能给人安慰 |
and you can share it. | 而且你也可以与人分享 |
Tea is a social drink, you make a cup of coffee, | 茶是一种社交型饮品你煮"一杯"咖啡 |
[图片上传失败...(image-7621c-1652509481367)]
[图片上传失败...(image-28003b-1652509481367)]
you make a pot of tea. | 但要沏"一壶"茶 |
Why has our nation been so obsessed with tea, for so long? | 为什么我们国家对茶的迷恋如此久远 |
One day I decided to try to have a complete day without tea. | 有一天我决定开启"无茶模式" |
I was quite shaken, I was quite disturbed. | 我变得焦躁不安坐立不宁 |
And why can nobody else in the world make tea properly? | 为什么其他国家的人都不能正确地泡茶 |
Have you tasted the tea in America? | 你尝过美国的茶吗 |
Terrible! | 太糟了 |
What I'm trying to find out is | 我想探寻的是 |
why we in particular have such a bizarre relationship with it? | 为什么我们英国人对茶有一种特殊的情结呢 |
Why do we feel the need to advertise it with chimps in bowler hats, | 为什么我们会用戴礼帽的黑猩猩给茶做广告 |
use the dregs to read fortunes | 用泡过的茶叶来占卜吉凶呢 |
and why do we have this persistent belief | 为什么我们坚定地相信 |
that it was the tea leaf that won us the war? | 是茶叶让我们赢得了战争 |
Anyway, come with me, people, and we'll find out. | 所以跟我来吧我们会找到答案的 |
We think of ourselves as a nation of tea drinkers, | 我们自认为是品茶之国 |
I bought some Jubilee kitchen roll last year - | 我在去年买了一大包厨房卷纸 |
if I'd bought it this year it would have been cheaper - | 虽然今年买能更便宜点 |
and the symbols on it were a union flag, a crown, | 上面的标志是一面英国国旗一座王冠 |
an umbrella and a tea pot. | 一把伞和一个茶壶 |
And my quest with this programme is to find out how British people | 我在这个节目中要寻求的是 |
really feel about tea and get them to articulate it | 英国人对茶的真实感受让他们真情流露 |
but it's very difficult - it's like asking people | 但这很难就像问别人 |
what they feel about the back of their neck or their mattress. | 对他们的颈背和床垫的看法一样 |
I mean, I do know we love tea, we love it, | 我知道我们确实喜爱茶超爱的 |
it's just that we're never going to be able, really, | 只是我们从来都没有机会 |
to look tea in the face and say so. | 认真面对并坦诚自己对茶的感情 |
Like a reliable dull old partner, | 茶像一个可靠又呆板的老搭档一样 |
tea is always there, hovering in the background. | 总是伴随我们左右 |
Tea helps any social occasion, | 茶可以在社交场合起到很大作用 |
like my date with reclusive and seldom seen Graham Norton. | 比如我与已经隐居的格雷厄姆·诺顿的会面 |
格雷厄姆·诺顿演员 英国脱口秀《格雷厄姆诺顿秀》主持人 | |
That's it, put the kettle on. | 这就行了烧水吧 |
- And Betty's not wrong. - No. | -贝蒂说得对-对啊 |
Put the kettle on. Solves all. | 烧壶水吧就解决一切问题了 |
A nice cup of tea. | 喝杯好茶吧 |
- See a nice cup of tea. - There we are. | -看啊让她喝杯好茶-就是啊 |
It's never just a cup of tea, it's a "nice" cup of tea. | 不只是一杯茶是一杯"好"茶啊 |
A nice cup of tea, I know. | 是好茶我知道 |
I don't know why it is a nice cup of tea, | 我不知道为何大家都说"一杯好茶" |
we all keep saying that. | 就好像是约定俗成的 |
[图片上传失败...(image-d15633-1652509481367)]
[图片上传失败...(image-95e652-1652509481367)]
I suppose a "nice" cup of tea gives you that warm... | 我觉得加个"好"字会给人温暖的感觉 |
It's not just a drink. | 就不只是一种饮品了 |
It's a warm thing you have made them. | 给它赋予了一种温暖的含义 |
Yes, you've made them a warm thing. | 是的就是这样 |
Cos we are not good at talking in this country. | 因为我们国家的人不很健谈 |
- Perhaps it's a substitute? - Yes. | -可能茶能打开话匣子-是的 |
For therapy! | 用来治疗"不健谈病" |
Tea is a social drink because coffee, it seems to me, | 茶是一种社交型饮品因为我觉得 |
you make a cup of coffee, you make a POT of tea. | 你煮"一杯"咖啡但要沏"一壶"茶 |
- Yeah, yeah, good point. - It's a gathering. | -说得好-聚会时候大多喝茶 |
- My mother takes it this seriously. - Does she? | -我妈妈很看重茶-是嘛 |
Yeah, like when we go on holiday, | 比如度假的时候 |
it's all she can talk about, the whole holiday. | 她在整个假期都在说这些 |
Whether she is going to get a cup of tea or not? | 不管她要不要喝茶吗 |
- And what it will be like. - Well, it'll be rubbish, we know that! | -想想会是什么样子-都是废话我们懂 |
Me and my aunt Christine took her on a cruise | 我和我克里斯汀阿姨带我妈去坐船游览 |
and that was their holiday, essentially, | 本来是她们两个在度假 |
was ordering tea and then complaining about the tea | 当时点了那里本来就不怎么样的茶 |
that you knew you wouldn't like. | 后来就开始抱怨 |
No, you're not going to like it, no. | 对那茶的确不怎么样 |
Then they found some Russian waiter | 后来她们找到了俄罗斯服务员 |
who knew how to boil the water properly - they loved him. | 他知道怎么烧水她俩爱死他了 |
They drink tea in Russia, you see. | 因为俄罗斯人也喝茶是吧 |
They would hunt him down like a dog! | 真是对他穷追到底 |
"There he is! There he is!" They would get this nice tea! | "他在那他在那"她们一定要喝上好茶 |
Anyway, if you were me and you were making a programme, | 如果你是我的话你在做这个节目 |
a documentary about tea, where would you go? | 做一部有关茶的纪录片你会去哪里 |
Erm, probably Harrogate. | 可能去哈罗盖特吧[英格兰北部约克郡城镇] |
I'm sorry, that was a set up question and answer - | 抱歉这是个设计好的问答 |
I needed someone to say Harrogate | 我需要有人说哈罗盖特 |
and Graham was there. | 格雷厄姆恰好能当托儿 |
Don't blame Graham. | 别怪他 |
Drinking tea, looking out the window, | 喝喝茶看看窗外风景 |
there's a whole gamut of actions happening here. | 在这儿仅仅如此就很完美了 |
But as exciting as it is, looking out on to a Yorkshire pavement, | 尽管看约克郡的街道风景很激动人心 |
I'm on a fearless fact finding flipping mission - | 但我身上还肩负着一项寻找的使命 |
what makes a good cup of tea? | 好茶是怎样煮成的 |
Suzy Garragher knows. | 苏西·格勒赫尔知道答案 |
She's a tea taster for Taylor's of Yorkshire. | 她是约克郡泰勒店的品茶师 |
She's one of around 80 tea tasters in Britain. | 她是全英仅有的八十位品茶师中的一员 |
Thick, 4.3. | 有点浓4.3级 |
You'd think slurping and spitting would come easily to a comedian | 你可能觉得一吸一吐都很简单 |
not so. | 但其实不是这样 |
I think you suck it in, sort of, behind your teeth, | 我觉得应该有点要吸到牙齿后面去 |
so teeth forward and suck it behind your teeth. | 所以先在牙齿前面 然后吸到牙齿后面去 |
完整版请点击 | |
Better! | 好多了 |
I don't know, something is inhibiting me. | 好像被挡住了 |
I'm not doing... I'm stopping 75% of the way through. | 大概75%的茶水被挡住了 |
Very good, much better. | 很好好多了 |
Obviously, the thing is to stand on your tiptoes, | 看来要学会这个得踮脚才行 |
that's the deciding factor! | 这才是决定性因素 |
The slurping is to get the tea round all the different parts | 吸入茶水是为了使其浸到舌头上各处 |
of the tongue and the spitting out, that's obvious - | 吐出茶水的意图很明显 |
if you drank all that tea all day you'd never be there. | 你要是每一口都喝进去肯定会撑爆的 |
- You are a heck of a spitter! - Not the most glamorous job, I know. | -你真会吐-我知道这动作不美观 |
There's a whole tea tasting vocabulary, just like in comedy, | 有很多形容茶的味道的词汇比如喜剧中 |
they have descriptions like, "malty, brisk, kelpy," | 用"逗有趣和搞笑"来形容好笑 |
whereas in comedy we have, "not funny." | 反之用"无聊"形容不好笑一样 |
That was a good slurp! | 吸得真不错 |
I would call that bouncy. | 我感觉是很Q |
Bouncy, that is a new tea terminology, great. | 很Q算是个新的品茶术语不错 |
Suzy has to be able to accurately describe each flavour. | 苏西能精确地分辨每种味道 |
So Assam - nice, thick guttiness, it's a really good description. | "美妙强势"对阿萨姆奶茶来说是个不错的描述 |
I like that - gutty teas. | 我很喜欢"强势的茶" |
It means it's thick, it's rich, it gives you a bit of a kick. | 意思就是味道丰厚饱满让味蕾为之一振 |
The tea most of us drink in the UK | 大多数英国人喝的茶 |
is a blend of tea from lots of different teas, | 都来自不同地区和国家 |
from lots of different countries - Kenya, India - | 比如肯尼亚印度 |
and it's Suzy's job to choose from all those different flavours, | 每季收获的茶叶味道都会有些许不同 |
which vary from harvest to harvest, | 苏西的工作就是对其进行挑选 |
so each new blend gives us the old taste we expect. | 使新茶也能让人们品尝到与以往相似的回味 |
Tea is indigenous to China | 中国是茶叶的故乡 |
but it now grows in over 40 different countries | 但现在有40多个国家都在种植 |
and that's great for us cos all those different countries | 这很棒因为那些不同的国家 |
have different qualities that we blend together. | 能产出可供混合的不同品质茶叶 |
All the tea Suzy tastes will be made from | 苏西品尝的所有茶 |
a standardised ratio of tea to water and milk - | 都由标准配比的水和牛奶泡制而成 |
we don't need to bother with that in our homes | 我们自己在家沏茶的时候不用操心这个 |
or even get dressed, but she does have one handy tip. | 也不用穿特殊服装但她给出了一个小贴士 |
Freshly boiled water, and this is really important | 当你在家沏茶时要用新煮开的水 |
for when you are drinking tea at home as well, | 这一点十分重要 |
because freshly boiled water | 因为新烧开的水中 |
has the right amount of oxygen in the water. | 有适量的含氧量 |
- If you over boil the water... - Got no oxygen. | -如果水被煮了太久-就没有氧气了 |
Exactly, and you are going to get a really flat tasting cup of tea. | 对这样煮出的茶就会口感太过平淡 |
And you will never be happy in your whole life. | 口感不好整个人生都不幸福了 |
- Because happiness is good tea. - Absolutely. | -因为好茶能带给人快乐啊-那肯定的 |
Look, I'm not a good slurper, can we just leave it there? | 我不适合干这工作咱们能走吗 |
Let's get to grips with the history. | 咱们来学点历史吧 |
It's very rare in this country for a fashion to | 我们国家很少出现 |
start with the lower classes and work its way up. | 自下而上流行的风潮 |
In fact, I can only think of tracksuit bottoms | 我能想得出的只有运动长裤 |
and Call The Midwife, and tea started at the top. | 《呼叫助产士》而茶的流行是自上而下的 |
《呼叫助产士》 BBC1台近十年来收视最高的新剧 英国版屌丝女士米兰达也有参演哦>3< | |
It took a posh foreigner to kick off the whole addiction. | 这个风潮是由一个时髦的外国人带来的 |
It was Catherine De Braganza who came over from Portugal | 葡萄牙的凯特琳娜公主于1662年 |
in 1662 to marry Charles II. | 嫁给查理二世 |
She already had the tea-drinking habit, | 她当时已经就有喝茶的习惯了 |
she brought with her a tea caddy | 她自己带了一个茶叶盒 |
and instantly tea was all the go with upper classes. | 之后喝茶风潮立即席卷整个上层社会 |
We're very free and easy with tea now, any old pleb can drink it, | 现在喝茶很平民化普通百姓也能喝茶 |
获取完整的剧集台词和单词统计,请移步赞赏区查看关键字